Barbara's lectures on the Principles of Efficient Thinking

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/29/2017 at 6:55 AM, EQ ZERO said:

Really looking forward to the release of this book. Any update?

I'm also wondering if LP's Introduction to Logic lecture could possibly make it to print in a similar fashion?

Thank you!

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I have good reason to believe that POET will be published by this summer or fall. Stay tuned!

REB

P.S. - I would love for LP's logic course to be published, but I have absolutely no information about future publications from that corner of the movement.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply.

It's good to hear that POET is still on track for a release!

Also, I did ask LP himself via email if his logic course would ever be transcribed and sold as a book. He replied and stated probably not, and that it was essentially the same material as in most books on logic so he thought it pointless.

I disagree with him because the value of his logic course is in the presentation, but that was the answer. Too bad.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, folks, Barbara Branden’s legendary lecture series, Principles of Efficient Thinking, is now available for purchase as a Kindle e-book!

Here are details and ordering information.

https://www.amazon.com/Think-Your-Life-Depends-Principles-ebook/dp/B072N1YF3J/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1497921550&sr=1-1&keywords=think+as+of+your+life+depends+on+it

We are hard at work, preparing the print version of the book for publication on Amazon’s “CreateSpace,” and we anticipate it will be available by late June or early July.

1607152095.jpg

I finished formatting the print book this evening. Now I need to make a front-back-spine design for the cover, and then we're ready to upload to (Amazon) CreateSpace. Because of personal schedules, it may take another two weeks to get this finished, but I figure by mid-July the paperback version will be available. Meanwhile, the Kindles are selling like hotcakes! :)

REB

I finished the cover design for the paperback edition of POET yesterday and got a go-ahead from one of the two people whose approval counts on the design. So, we may actually get this done sometime in July. Stay tuned! :) 

REB

On 5/26/2017 at 11:41 PM, Roger Bissell said:

"I hate to sound like a broken record, but I have good reason to believe that POET will be published by this summer or fall. Stay tuned!" REB

Thanks for the heads up Roger. I never heard the audio and I'm looking forward to getting the book. It doesn't seem that long ago Barbara was posting on OL. What a great storyteller she was...PAR sits on the top shelf for me. She's missed but will be reborn, somewhat, when I dig in to POET.

-J

• 2 weeks later...

The cover file and "internal" file of POET have been submitted for review by Amazon CreateSpace. Once the files have been approved, we'll probably order a "proof" copy, and then about a week later, if that looks good, we'll push the button to publish! So, stay tuned for an announcement around July 20 that POET is available for purchase in print form!

REB

• 2 weeks later...

The print version of POET is now available!  You can order from CreateSpace (link below) or from Amazon, but the Estate gets a better royalty (same list price of $14.99) from CreateSpace, so please order from there, if you would. Thanks!

https://www.createspace.com/7304022

THUMBNAIL_IMAGE.jpg

Oh, and by the way, the print version of POET will not be available from Amazon.com for 3-5 business days - but is available NOW from the CreateSpace e-store (the above link).

Enjoy, y'all! :-)

REB

1 hour ago, Roger Bissell said:

the Estate gets a better royalty (same list price of $14.99) from CreateSpace, so please order from there, if you would. Thanks!

Certainly gratifying to know that the Estate is being cared for so lovingly. Reminds me of Cousin Leonard's selfless devotion.

2 hours ago, Roger Bissell said:

Oh, and by the way, the print version of POET will not be available from Amazon.com for 3-5 business days - but is available NOW from the CreateSpace e-store (the above link).

Amazon says I can have it by Thursday.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1548486671/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501030474&sr=8-3&keywords=barbara+branden

I hate to ask, but is there an index?  And was it proofed against the pagination?

I, for one, really appreciate that you (and whoever else was involved) have made this available.  Nathaniel's Vision of Ayn Rand too.

1 hour ago, 9thdoctor said:
4 hours ago, Roger Bissell said:

Amazon says I can have it by Thursday.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1548486671/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501030474&sr=8-3&keywords=barbara+branden

I hate to ask, but is there an index?  And was it proofed against the pagination?

I, for one, really appreciate that you (and whoever else was involved) have made this available.  Nathaniel's Vision of Ayn Rand too.

Hey man - I hate to tell you, but there is no index, sorry. However, the good news is that there's no pagination either! (Just joking.)

And I'm glad that Amazon seems to have stepped up their game - if you mean they said you could get it by *this* Thursday (i.e., the day after tomorrow).

The main people working to make this happen were Chris Sciabarra (foreword), myself (transcription, introduction, bibliography), and a trustee of Barbara's estate, who shall remain anonymous.

REB

2 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:
4 hours ago, Roger Bissell said:

the Estate gets a better royalty (same list price of $14.99) from CreateSpace, so please order from there, if you would. Thanks!

Certainly gratifying to know that the Estate is being cared for so lovingly. Reminds me of Cousin Leonard's selfless devotion.

My understanding is that the royalties are going to be devoted to distributing free copies, such as to libraries. Nobody is getting rich off this, that's for sure! So, yes, lovingly - as in, labor of love.

REB

1 hour ago, Roger Bissell said:

And I'm glad that Amazon seems to have stepped up their game - if you mean they said you could get it by *this* Thursday (i.e., the day after tomorrow).

I waited until just after midnight to buy, so now it says I'll have it Friday.  Amazon Prime is supposed to be 2 days.  

I'll let you know when it arrives.

On 7/26/2017 at 0:39 AM, Roger Bissell said:

ATT77MA22409568-0013.gif

It has arrived.  It looks great.  I stole a few minutes away from work to knock out the intros, but can't continue further now.  On the last page of your intro underlining is misspelled as underling. 

Thanks for alerting me to the typo. It must have been one of our underlings who did it. :wink:  I'll make the correction in the master file, and it will at least get corrected in the Kindle. I'll see what options CreateSpace gives us for future printings.

My favorite Objectivist typo, which is in its 50th year of existence now, is on line 9, page 54 of Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology. It is very informative to learn that concepts are "produced by man's consciousuess." :wink:

REB

P.S. - Please pass along any further typo's you find. Thanks!