Good joke on me

Wolf DeVoon

Dear Wolf DeVoon:

Your paper “When Will a Constitution Bring Leviathan to Heel?” has been accepted for presentation at the 2018 Annual Conference

of The Association of Private Enterprise Education®, to be held April 1-4, 2018 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV.

Hahahahahahahahaha, like I can afford to go, have a hotel night. Jeez.

7 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

This is why I have no cash, no credit, no car.

By "this," do you mean the choice of pseudonym "Wolf DeVoon," and the amateurish taste in cliched stock imagery? If so, yeah, that's a big part of it.

Jonathan "Blade McMasters" Smith

Interesting definitions of obscurity, aside from the pejorative of being unimportant

ob·scu·ri·ty
əbˈskyo͝orədē/
noun
the quality of being difficult to understand.
  • "poems of impenetrable obscurity"
    synonyms: incomprehensibility, impenetrability, unintelligibility, opacity
  • a thing that is unclear or difficult to understand.
    plural noun: obscurities
    "the obscurities in his poems and plays"
    synonyms: enigma, puzzle, mystery, ambiguity
    "there may be obscurities but no answerless riddles"

Everything costs something. (Not cribbed.)

If you have a problem that can be solved by writing a check, you don't have a problem. (Cribbed.)

I have a problem. It's open to some vitiation only, over time, but it's a slow downhill trip. It came out of nowhere six weeks ago. It's called Multiple Sclerosis. I'm trolling for additional vitiation I've not been able to adduce on my own.

--Brant

21 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

Reply all you like, I have you on Ignore for cause.

You have talent, Alan. If only you would learn how to sell it by approaching people honestly and openly, rather than with your third rate con man mindset. I think you can change. You've already made some small changes. You just need to take bigger steps, and faster. Abandon the bullshit and bluffing.

6 hours ago, Jonathan said:

You have talent, Alan. If only you would learn how to sell it by approaching people honestly and openly, rather than with your third rate con man mindset. I think you can change. You've already made some small changes. You just need to take bigger steps, and faster. Abandon the bullshit and bluffing.

Say again (?)

--Brant

3 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

Oh, God, Brant. Makes my problems seem small.

You don't have problems (as expressed here). That is, you can trade them away. You don't for that's sacrifice. 

I have to redefine my life positively. That's a chore. I have resources. You do too. You went to the edge. I'm going to the edge. That's living.

--Brant

USASF

I was going to ignore it, but I decided to say something instead. I was talented 30 years ago. Past tense. Ever since then, it's been downhill, not a single new idea. Good joke on Google, proclaiming that I'm a novelist. Hahahaha. All I did was take a bunch of words and mash 'em up at random, paid people to plant phony reviews. I'm not actually poor. I have a swell chalet in Bern, vacation in San Tropez. Or I never left the Rust Belt, don't know anything about Hollywood or New York or Europe or Australia or carrying a gun or what O.G.A. means. See how simple that was? Didn't even ask for a pork chop in return. Guess what's trending on YouTube today? -- a black guy named Drake, another black guy named Kevin Hart doing something with an NBA All Star event, a three-minute video on how paintballs are made, and a Disney teaser for Incredibles 2, a cartoon. My fake novels sell no books. Capiche? No threat to anybody anywhere. Another couple years I'll have a stroke and that'll be the end of it, disappear without anyone bothering to notice that I left a stolen footprint in the sand. Here's something else to sneer at ~ http://screenwritingdoc.blogspot.com/

Pouting?

Oh, you poor darling!

From your recent blog entry: "I have decided to cease promoting my books."

Good first step! Abandoning the con man tactics is a great idea.

The next step is to stop pouting, and to learn that there are methods to promotion other than being a dishonest piece of shit con man. Learn that it's not the idea of promotion itself that has failed, but your morally deformed notion of it.

Looking down your nose at others' achievements, which are significantly greater than yours, isn't going to sell your work or make it better. At least those you complain about are genuine in their efforts. They haven't invented an amateur-trash con man pen name and persona.

Incredibles 2 is not a "cartoon." I'd think that a "filmmaker" would know the difference.

No one's "sneering" at your work, Alan. What's being sneered at is the stank of everything outside of your work -- your con man attitude.

Why not try honesty? Loose the crutches.

Up yours, troll hiding behind an anonymous avatar. I'm a public figure. Everything I post is indexed in a blink.

Meanwhile, guess who's going to Las Vegas in April and I'm not?

Peter Boettke and Donald Boudreaux from George Mason, Per Bylund, Robert Campbell, Cory DeAngelis from Cato, Douglas Den Uyl, Roderick Long (an old nemesis), Alberto Mingardi (a house guest in Costa Rica), Robert Murphy (a total doofus), Doug Rasmussen, and 200 other academic presenters, panelists, and moderators.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 | 8:00 - 9:15 am
Session Chair:    Alexander William Salter, Texas Tech University

Papers:    

When Will a Constitution Bring Leviathan to Heel?
Wolf DeVoon, Author

A Theory of Self-Governance: Liberalism, Democracy, and Liberal Democracy
Alexander William Salter, Texas Tech University

Starving Leviathan: A New Fiscal Constitution
Robert Eric Wright, Augustana University

Leviathan’s Non-Constitutional Money
Richard Michael Salsman, Duke University

15 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

When Will a Constitution Bring Leviathan to Heel?

Wolf DeVoon, Author

Men might. We have a constitution. Just read it the way it was written, especially The Bill of Rights.

The water seems to flow the wrong way, however.

Maybe technology will finally do the job.

--Brant

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

Like "Ayn Rand"?

--Brant

we all don't start out with the name right for us

Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) Eric Blair (George Orwell) François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire) David Cornwell (John le Carré ) Jacques Thibault (Anatole France) Frederic Dannay and Manfred B. Lee (Ellery Queen) Amandine Dupin (George Sand) Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) Johann Schmidt (Max Stirner) William Porter (O. Henry) Benjamin Franklin (Richard Saunders) Allen Konigsberg (Woody Allen) Dean Koontz (Aaron Wolfe) Elizabeth Carlisle (Loretta Lynch) Hamilton, Madison, and Jay (Publius) Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) Agnes Bojaxhiu (Mother Theresa) Cassius Clay Jr (Muhammad Ali) Robert Parker (Butch Cassidy) Josephine Mentzer (Estée Lauder) Archibald Leach (Cary Grant) Lucille LeSueur (Joan Crawford) Farrokh Bulsara (Freddie Mercury) Jonathan Leibowitz (Jon Stewart) ... bunch of cowards!

Oh, wait a minute, I forgot good old salt of the earth Nathan Blumenthal (Nathaniel Branden)

Yeah, wow, not following along, huh? Jesus. Short memories? Incapable of grasping the simplest context? Heh.

Um, the point hasn't been to ridicule pseudonyms per se, Einsteins, but only amateur-trash, sappy soap opera, bodice ripper, penny dreadful pen names like "Wolf DeVoon." I'm making fun of the con man aesthetic tastes. Understand now? No?

6 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Yeah, wow, not following along, huh? Jesus. Short memories? Incapable of grasping the simplest context? Heh.

Um, the point hasn't been to ridicule pseudonyms per se, Einsteins, but only amateur-trash, sappy soap opera, bodice ripper, penny dreadful pen names like "Wolf DeVoon." I'm making fun of the con man aesthetic tastes. Understand now? No?

No, you were not making fun.

--Brant