regi

Ayn Rand And The End Of Love

Hello Sports Fans. It's that silly time of year again wherein mid-term election campaigns are increasing activity. With the caveat in mind that one's own self is the most easy person to fool, I find myself faced with choosing the lesser evil. Should I vote for the lefty collectivists who will legislate for higher taxes, more regulations, more government controls over my life while virtue signaling to their SJW supporters, or should I vote for the conservatives who are equally delusional as their lefty adversaries but who will legislate for lower taxes and less government control of my life and the lives of the citizens even though the later politicians bloviate to appease fanboys-and-girls of religious mythology? Would I be sacrificing and living for those fan-smucks if I press the button for their preferred candidate? And if I did that would I be not loving myself?

Would an Objectivist philosopher think they would require a suprelative analogy to infer to a process of self-inflicted sacrifice by compromising to vote for the lesser evil or would an O.P. decide to err on the side of caution and boycott an election between a scientism leaning collectivist statist lefty control freak vs a primacy of consciousness religious mystic neo-tribalist and corporatism fan? What's a kitty to do? 

3 hours ago, Robert_Bumbalough said:

Hello Sports Fans. It's that silly time of year again wherein mid-term election campaigns are increasing activity. With the caveat in mind that one's own self is the most easy person to fool, I find myself faced with choosing the lesser evil. Should I vote for the lefty collectivists who will legislate for higher taxes, more regulations, more government controls over my life while virtue signaling to their SJW supporters, or should I vote for the conservatives who are equally delusional as their lefty adversaries but who will legislate for lower taxes and less government control of my life and the lives of the citizens even though the later politicians bloviate to appease fanboys-and-girls of religious mythology? Would I be sacrificing and living for those fan-smucks if I press the button for their preferred candidate? And if I did that would I be not loving myself?

Would an Objectivist philosopher think they would require a suprelative analogy to infer to a process of self-inflicted sacrifice by compromising to vote for the lesser evil or would an O.P. decide to err on the side of caution and boycott an election between a scientism leaning collectivist statist lefty control freak vs a primacy of consciousness religious mystic neo-tribalist and corporatism fan? What's a kitty to do? 

If I were a cat in your situation, I would go back in my bag until somebody let me out,  preferably in 2020.

Sympathetically, Carol

• Thanks 1

Ah the value vote.  And what to do when the lesser of two evils contracts one's values.  The problem I had in 2016, so I didn't vote.  Couldn't bring myself to do it.

• Thanks 1

If you could get into a way-back machine would you vote for President Trump in 2016 and in 2020? Who are the democrats going to come up with? Who wants to waste a vote on a loser? The only people who will run against Trump are jockeying for position.   

7 hours ago, Peter said:

If you could get into a way-back machine would you vote for President Trump in 2016 and in 2020? Who are the democrats going to come up with? Who wants to waste a vote on a loser? The only people who will run against Trump are jockeying for position.   

Hi Pete. Yeah. I voted for Trump for two reasons. I thought he was the lesser evil by virtue of his seeming incompetence and because Hillary is a crook guilty of thousands of counts of the espionage law that BTW disqualifies an offender from holding elected office.   Surprisingly, Trump is doing pretty well despite the silly rhetoric and speech snafus. Love the tax cut, the deregulatory  regime, the wall, a strong military, cancelling the Paris Accord and the Iran Nuke Deal. Love the hard line on the Norks. Don't like the kow towing to religious mystics, but I do love the booming economy. Jesus H Christ, I'm busier than an one legged man in a sack hopping race. Love how Trump backs the Blue. Cops need help crushing violent felons, but I wish he'd stay off Twitter. 

Time to mow the lawn. Chat ya later.

14 hours ago, Robert_Bumbalough said:

Hi Pete. Yeah. I voted for Trump for two reasons. I thought he was the lesser evil by virtue of his seeming incompetence and because Hillary is a crook guilty of thousands of counts of the espionage law that BTW disqualifies an offender from holding elected office.   Surprisingly, Trump is doing pretty well despite the silly rhetoric and speech snafus. Love the tax cut, the deregulatory  regime, the wall, a strong military, cancelling the Paris Accord and the Iran Nuke Deal. Love the hard line on the Norks. Don't like the kow towing to religious mystics, but I do love the booming economy. Jesus H Christ, I'm busier than an one legged man in a sack hopping race. Love how Trump backs the Blue. Cops need help crushing violent felons, but I wish he'd stay off Twitter. 

Time to mow the lawn. Chat ya later.

I voted for Trump to use him as my very own personal  political I.E.D.  I think of our Donald as a Stink Bomb  which I helped to toss into the midst of government.

• Haha 2

Been further reading AS. Currently at part 3 chapter 4 that section where after Cheryl and James Taggert have a discussion of fundamental values about what makes one be what they are that results in James throwing a hissy fit and slamming the door on Cheryl and that she then goes to visit Dagny  and apologize for insulting her at the wedding. That dialog speaks to me and makes me cringe at how much my life has been in some ways like the fictional James Taggert. Oh crap. I have dishonored all rational persons by going along with the "rotter" and "moucher" ideology absorbed when I was a child, so now all these years later I find I need to work on my mind to get rational. The audio book of that section is linked. Cool.On to the next deal where I've an opportunity to earn a bit of being worthy.

3 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I voted for Trump to use him as my very own personal  political I.E.D.  I think of our Donald as a Stink Bomb  which I helped to toss into the midst of government.

Hi BC. Good one. The USG is far from what the founders and framers intended, so any Prez who deregulates to lessens the scope of Uncle's power is doing right by me. The Federal Reserve thing makes us all slaves to and addicts for the dollar, so there can't be, as Wolf pointed out, a Galt's Gulch. Nevertheless, O-ism is mostly about getting one's own head screwed on straight, so that on balance the pros outweigh the cons makes me think I don't have to go eat a bullet.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, Robert_Bumbalough said:

I was making a literary allusion to one of the themes used by Ayn Rand in her famous novel.  Your incredulity speaks to my motivation in asking for a diagnosis of constipation, but my hobby has no bearing.  Stop evading. Tell me the truth. Are we slaves because we use US Dollars? If so, to where can one escape?  Would that be avoidable if they stopped using USD and switched entirely to crypto. 

Auto audio sucks. I won't be back here.

--Brant

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

Auto audio sucks. I won't be back here.

--Brant

Hi Brant. Thanks for the comment. I apologize for offending you; I suck at cycling and can barely crank for 20 miles. On the other hand, the ARI guys are thoroughly smeared over at SoloPassion in context of orthodox Randian O-ism, so maybe Pete's take is more proper. Hell,  after all these years I'm still trying to get through the books. Jesus; I must be some kind of kooky rotter. Wolf told the truth. Gold and Crypto baby. That's the ticket.  Okay then, back to work and put your backs into it.

Happy Memorial :)