Could our Donald be a poster boy for the Kruger-Dunning Effect?

BaalChatzaf

The Kruger-Dunning effect is a psychological bias where the less able grossly overestimate their cognitive ability. 

Please see:  https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/head-in-the-cloud/201701/the-dunning-kruger-president

I'd go with Obama as the poster child. Massive overconfidence, including when being confronted with his failures. He was 100% certain that his beliefs and theories were right, regardless of what happened in reality. He had no cognitive ability to recognize his incompetence.

35 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I'd go with Obama as the poster child.

Jonathan,

I'd go with the entire smug elitist ruling class.

Including academics in the humanities and social sciences.

These geniuses can't figure out why President Trump won the election, but they are convinced they are miles ahead smarter than him and his supporters.

:)

Michael

16 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

I question the intelligence of people who read Psychology Today.

Is that a monthly publication  like "Discover"?

I am fascinated with a different phenomenon, that of seemingly mentally intact adults who found their way, not just through 2016, but also 2017 (and now into 2018!?) believing that President Trump is an idiot. It’s getting comical. Decades of mass mind control have taken their toll on the people. A long healing process will be needed, even after it stops, which it hasn’t. On that topic, watch for January 17th Fake News Awards.

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bob,

It's a magazine whose site you linked to in your opening post.

Come on, man...

Work with us a little...

Work with us, now...

You'll get there...

:) 

Michael

Cross-eyed me.  This is the one I meant to link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Jon wrote: I am fascinated with a different phenomenon, that of seemingly mentally intact adults who found their way, not just through 2016, but also 2017 (and now into 2018!?) believing that President Trump is an idiot. It’s getting comical. end quote

I look at some of my Trump criticism as using the evidence at hand to make my decisions but I would still be embarrassed if I met him in person and he brought up something I had said about him in 2015. Peter