Get read for $4.00 gas...

BaalChatzaf

12 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

some tumble. Yesterday (Monday) I was out on the road looking at the prices.  The prices have gone from 2.21 to as high as 2.89.  Most of them clustered at 2.69.  That is a 48 cent hike since the Gulf Coast was swamped.  I am happy to hear that the refineries are being restored to operation.  If so,  then this price hike is a glitch.

Here's a report from Energy Transfer Partners, a large player in the energy sector & a stock I own, on the effects of the hurricane on their operations.

http://ir.energytransfer.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=106094&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2298096

2 hours ago, Backlighting said:

Here's a report from Energy Transfer Partners, a large player in the energy sector & a stock I own, on the effects of the hurricane on their operations.

http://ir.energytransfer.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=106094&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2298096

Not as bad as I had figured...

13 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

sell

Sell? based on what? Non taxable distributions (dividends), which I've received over the last 5 yrs or more are an attractive incentive to stay in the game.

14 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

It's a pipeline company, Bob. Jeez. Wake up.

To what? 

1. Oil is extracted

2. Oil is pumped to refineries

3. The refined products are pumped to storage facilities

4 . The product is from the storage facilities to the place where the public purchases them.

7 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

To what? 

1. Oil is extracted

2. Oil is pumped to refineries

3. The refined products are pumped to storage facilities

4 . The product is from the storage facilities to the place where the public purchases them.

Energy Transfer is primarily a gas pipeline company.

Crude oil production pipelines are in GOM, Texas Eagle Ford and Permian, a trickle from Alberta, Oklahoma, Denver, Kansas and ND, storage in Cushing.

Put all of that together, about half of our supply. The other half is California refined in California, supertanker shipping (Alaska and foreign), barge and rail.

Of the 2 million miles of pipeline in the U.S., only 4% is crude or refined products like gasoline and diesel. 96% natural gas, ethane, condensate.

I feel distinctly stupid talking about this. I've changed my mind, the New York Times is all you gots to read.

1 hour ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

Energy Transfer is primarily a gas pipeline company.

Crude oil production pipelines are in GOM, Texas Eagle Ford and Permian, a trickle from Alberta, Oklahoma, Denver, Kansas and ND, storage in Cushing.

Put all of that together, about half of our supply. The other half is California refined in California, supertanker shipping (Alaska and foreign), barge and rail.

Of the 2 million miles of pipeline in the U.S., only 4% is crude or refined products like gasoline and diesel. 96% natural gas, ethane, condensate.

I feel distinctly stupid talking about this. I've changed my mind, the New York Times is all you gots to read.

No.  I read the WSJ (at times)   I ignore all editorial and opinion material in the NYT and I read only the factual articles and the science section,  which is rather good.