A Baseball Riddle

merjet

5 hours ago, merjet said:

A baseball game goes into extra innings. The home team wins by four runs. Other than the score being tied after regular play, what else is implied?

The score is tied at the bottom of the 20 th inning.  The bases become loaded.  Up steps Sam Slugger who belts a homerun hit  half a mile beyond the right field wall.  Four runs score and the game is ended.

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

The score is tied at the bottom of the 20 th inning.  The bases become loaded.  Up steps Sam Slugger who belts a homerun hit  half a mile beyond the right field wall.  Four runs score and the game is ended.

Unless the other team gets a time at bat too.

--Brant

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

You added some unneeded extras, but got the answer. It need not be the 20th inning, and nobody has ever batted a baseball that far.

13 hours ago, merjet said:

There is no "unless." The home team always bats last

Geer! I don't know how to one up you on that one.

--Brant

Geeer!

13 hours ago, merjet said:

You added some unneeded extras, but got the answer. It need not be the 20th inning, and nobody has ever batted a baseball that far.

Maybe on the moon?

--Brant

Mickey Mantle almost hit one out of Yankee Stadium--734 ft. (I watched him and Roger Maris in their home run derby on TV back in 1961.)

1 hour ago, merjet said:

I was attempting to be humorous.  I guess I wasn't

Tuesday night's Cleveland Indians game prompted me to write the riddle. I was at the game. The Indians hit two grand slams, the second one a "walk-off homer." One webpage claims this was the first occurrence in major league baseball history (link). A different web page says it happened in 1930 (link).