They don't do battle scenes like this in Hollywood anymore

I saw this on Facebook and I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

:)

Damn, that was fun.

It tickled the primitive parts of my brain and those parts of my brain loved it. At almost 48 million views on Facebook so far, it looks like I'm not alone.

I think this scene is from this recent Indian film: Baahubali: The Beginning. At least I think it is. If not, it is from the sequel, which is in theaters right now: Baahubali 2: The Conclusion. This is being shown all over the place where I live.

I hope Bollywood doesn't turn into a bunch of progressive idiots later.

After all, somebody's gotta keep the good old-fashioned non-PC fun in movies. And it looks like Bollywood is doing it just fine.

I want more.

Michael

That was well done. If you had a platoon of Special Forces or Navy Seal chaps and took them back to a pre firearms era how would they have fought that battle if they trained the local population to fight using their tactics?

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I saw this on Facebook and I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Damn, that was fun.

It tickled the primitive parts of my brain and those parts of my brain loved it. At almost 48 million views on Facebook so far, it looks like I'm not alone.

I think this scene is from this recent Indian film: Baahubali: The Beginning. At least I think it is. If not, it is from the sequel, which is in theaters right now: Baahubali 2: The Conclusion. This is being shown all over the place where I live.

I hope Bollywood doesn't turn into a bunch of progressive idiots later.

After all, somebody's gotta keep the good old-fashioned non-PC fun in movies. And it looks like Bollywood is doing it just fine.

I want more.

Michael

Melee vs  hoplite.   The side with close order  shield tactics will win over the melee  just about every time.  That is what happened when the Romans fought the German barbarians.  Except for  the Battle of Tuetonberg Forest the Romans almost always won.  The same when the Romans fight the Britains and the Socts.  In this T.V.  thingy  there was close order hoplite discipline on one side  and a lot of people fighting as individuals on the other.  We know who won that battle.

The burning blanket things was strictly Bollywood.  I loved it to pieces. I real life the blanket would not even make it half as far.  The air resistance would have taken that blanket and missile rig down in no time flat. 

On 6/14/2017 at 0:21 PM, BaalChatzaf said:

Melee vs  hoplite.   The side with close order  shield tactics will win over the melee  just about every time.  That is what happened when the Romans fought the German barbarians.  Except for  the Battle of Tuetonberg Forest the Romans almost always won.  The same when the Romans fight the Britains and the Socts.  In this T.V.  thingy  there was close order hoplite discipline on one side  and a lot of people fighting as individuals on the other.  We know who won that battle.

The burning blanket things was strictly Bollywood.  I loved it to pieces. I real life the blanket would not even make it half as far.  The air resistance would have taken that blanket and missile rig down in no time flat. 

It wouldn't have made it anywhere. Much, much too heavy. I assume it was saturated with paraffin or some such oil based agent.

The archers should have simply kept shooting their arrows.

But that'd have been boring.

--Brant

great fun and the basic point is valid