Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

Wolf DeVoon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of Rush Limbaugh moments:

And:

This last video should keep our president happy for a long, long time.

President Trump is not the one saying the following (taken from the video). Rush Limbaugh is:

I wish people would take a moment to step back and realize what an epic presidency this is and realize we are never gonna see anything like this again our lifetimes, and we’ve never had it prior to this in my lifetime.

:)

You can read a fuller transcript of it all here:

An Epic Presidency: Interpreting Trump’s Tapes Tweet

Michael

Incidentally, speaking of Rush and Comey, the following Rush comment shows the real impact of the Comey story.

Real People Don’t Care About the Comey Story

Rush is talking about a virality analysis of issues carried out by SocialFlow:

05.12.2017-17.35.png

In other words, people care about the Comey firing about as much as they did the budget cuts. This is based on what they shared and commented on.

Here's what Rush said about it:

The Comey-being-fired story has not captivated the American people. They are not sitting on the edges of their seats. They’re not tweeting, they’re not Facebooking, they’re not talking, they’re not outraged. They’re not doing anything to the level they were on many other issues. Square that with the fact that you can’t find any other news for the past three days than the Comey firing. That’s all you’re seeing in the Drive-By Media.

And yet? Ho-hum! “The Not-So-Viral Comey Firing.” It is a great example of the disproportion, the out-of-proportion reporting by the media.

Once again in America, the media is in one place--in one voice and en masse--and the majority of its customers are in another.

Fake news anyone?

btw - Axios leans pretty hard left. Here is the link to the original article (which Rush did not give for whatever reason): The not-so-viral Comey firing.

Michael

This entire firing Comey thing is bullshit from  prow to stern.  The pinko stinko democrat left wing  commie loving America hating liberals are trying desperately to cook up an inpeachment worthy case against  Trump.  They simply cannot accept the fact that Trump was legally elected in an election that was not rigged by the Russians.  First they say the Russians fixed the election.  Then they say Trump and his friends were in the sack with Putin.   They simply will not drop this nonsense and get on with the job of governing.  

It is well that Trump won.  If Her Hillaryship had been elected only God and Hillary know what kind of left wing progressive slime she would have appointed to fill Scolian's seat on the Supreme Court. 

America dodged the bullet with Clinton. Our elections should not be that close but Trump, in his public and semi-private life, said and did so many cavalier things, that many were skeptical of him. Who are they going to come up with in 2020 to run against him? Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, or Chelsey Clinton? What jokes. But you know, that if a white democrat like semi black Obama comes along, and does one meaningful thing, she or he will be glorified by the Press.  

Imagine *the heat* that would have been applied to Comey if Old Hickory Clinton had been elected, because of Comey’s pre-election statements that she thinks hurt her. I know the FBI is not the military but Comey’s “Oh woe is me if I anyway I said influenced the election,” was truly disturbing even if it were “heartfelt.” Joe Friday from the TV show “Dragnet” or General Patton saying, “I am so sorry,” would be my idea of a straight arrow, truthful admission.

For President Trump, I think that if a younger, qualified woman is available for the position of FBI director and she looks good, then she has a better chance than any grouchy old guy, I find that amusing but quite probably true. And it would be a good thing, different, and patriotic. My country tis of thee . . .

Peter  

John Hawkins in Townhall wrote: It’s the liberal mentality that says, “People who disagree with us on anything are racist, sexist, homophobic and evil. Therefore, we don’t have to treat them fairly. Therefore, their concerns are irrelevant. Therefore, it’s acceptable to lie about them, take away their rights or even use the IRS or legal system to mistreat them. Therefore, they don’t matter. At all.” end quote

Humberto Fontova also wrote in Townhall: Who’ll Replace the Disgraced Robert E. Lee as a New Orleans Monument? Fidel Castro? Or Che Guevara? end quote

And Matt Vespa wrote: DNC Chair: We Just Can't Slam Trump All The Time (Says Man Who Goes On Unhinged Anti-Trump Rants) and in another story he writes, Unhinged: Watch Social Justice Warrior Goes Insane Over Trump Sign, Screams Like A Banshee Over Nothing. end quotes

Irish Proverbs: Whenever it is in any way possible, every boy and girl should choose as his life work some occupation which he should like to do anyhow, even if he did not need the money. It's easy to halve the potato where there's love. May you never forget what is worth remembering, Or remember what is best forgotten. A family of Irish birth will argue and fight, but let a shout come from without and see them all unite.

From Irishman (Bob) O’Shannahan: The pinko stinko democrat left wing  commie loving America hating liberals are trying desperately to cook up an impeachment worthy case against Trump.

Interesting. Comey is of Irish ancestry too and attended Northern Highlands Regional H.S.

From Wikipedia: Born in Yonkers, New York, Comey grew up in Allendale, New Jersey, the son of Joan (Herald) and J. Brien Comey.[15][16] His father worked in corporate real estate and his mother was a computer consultant and homemaker.[17] Comey is of Irish heritage.[18] He attended Northern Highlands Regional High School in Allendale.[19] Comey graduated from the College of William and Mary in 1982, majoring in chemistry and religion. His senior thesis analyzed the liberal theologian Reinhold Niebuhr and the conservative televangelist Jerry Falwell, emphasizing their common belief in public action.[20] He received his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Chicago Law School in 1985.[21]

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Irish Proverbs: Whenever it is in any way possible, every boy and girl should choose as his life work some occupation which he should like to do anyhow, even if he did not need the money. It's easy to halve the potato where there's love. May you never forget what is worth remembering, Or remember what is best forgotten. A family of Irish birth will argue and fight, but let a shout come from without and see them all unite.

From Irishman (Bob) O’Shannahan: The pinko stinko democrat left wing  commie loving America hating liberals are trying desperately to cook up an impeachment worthy case against Trump.

Interesting. Comey is of Irish ancestry too and attended Northern Highlands Regional H.S.

From Wikipedia: Born in Yonkers, New York, Comey grew up in Allendale, New Jersey, the son of Joan (Herald) and J. Brien Comey.[15][16] His father worked in corporate real estate and his mother was a computer consultant and homemaker.[17] Comey is of Irish heritage.[18] He attended Northern Highlands Regional High School in Allendale.[19] Comey graduated from the College of William and Mary in 1982, majoring in chemistry and religion. His senior thesis analyzed the liberal theologian Reinhold Niebuhr and the conservative televangelist Jerry Falwell, emphasizing their common belief in public action.[20] He received his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Chicago Law School in 1985.[21]

He should have stayed with chemistry....

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

What shall we infer from this?

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Family business?

:evil:  :) 

Michael

Coincidence and association is not proof of anything.  Stuff like that would not stand up in court. 

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

OL is not a court. It is a discussion forum.

If you want a court, you have to find one.

Michael

I discuss such matters to the extent that I dismiss stuff like that as less than conclusive.,

I guess I have higher standards than you do. 

I was raised in the traditions of the physical sciences and mathematics so I come equipped with a very high standard of rigor. 

Which is why I had to ask what I was supposed to infer from this family association. 

2 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I discuss such matters to the extent that I dismiss stuff like that as less than conclusive.,

I guess I have higher standards than you do. 

You guess... Well you do a lot of guessing I guess, for whatever that's worth (meaning nothing)...

Once again, let's talk about Bob instead of talking about the issue.

Is there any other way you want to show people how superior you are to them? Do you have details of your superiority? Categories and details? Case studies? Proof in court? Maybe want to write a paper about all this?

(But make sure to keep it short, OK? About 2,000 pages is fine...)

What an interesting topic.

Dayaamm!

Michael

"Hold up in court."

Well, there are courts and there are courts.

Shall we hang the witch or burn her? Tie her to a chair and throw her in the river? If she floats she's a witch. If she sinks God will save her (for later). Either way is proof positive of--whatever.

--Brant

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You guess... Well you do a lot of guessing I guess, for whatever that's worth (meaning nothing)...

Once again, let's talk about Bob instead of talking about the issue.

Is there any other way you want to show people how superior you are to them? Do you have details of your superiority? Categories and details? Case studies? Proof in court? Maybe want to write a paper about all this?

(But make sure to keep it short, OK? About 2,000 pages is fine...)

What an interesting topic.

Dayaamm!

Michael

Being "superior" will not add one year to my life span or subtract one inch from my waiste.

I suppose I have to mention this thing in the NYT today.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Here's my favorite quote from that article:

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo.

. . .

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of it to a Times reporter.

What the hell does that mean?

Nobody has a name and the NYT has not seen the memo. That's what it means. But here's the kicker. It is unclassified. It says si right there in the article. Unclassified. Then it hits you.

Say what? The memo is unclassified? Why should it be classified in the first place if it was a note Comey wrote to himself and not a government document? And since it is unclassified, why don't they see it?

Dayaamm!

This report is nothing but a bunch of buzzwords thrown together with innuendo and a tone to make it sound like fact.

I have never seen the NYT simply shit on its readers in this manner before. The NYT folks really really really think its readers are dumb as a rock.

Two people. Two different versions. No witnesses. Unnamed sources. Lots of headlines and innuendo.

Did I hear the phrase, "fake news"?

Michael

The Comey thing is getting ridiculous.

Comey appears to have been good at creating an image of high integrity. In fact, the way people used to say that he had an "impeccable reputation" and so on, all using identical terminology, it rang planted to my subconscious. I used to brush off the feeling by thinking this was once again pundits repeating pundits--the trading up the chain mentality.

(Trading up the chain is when press people repeat each other because they are squeezed for time to properly source something. It's called going up the chain because an item generally starts at a small place not read by many people and goes up to national coverage as more and more important press folks begin to repeat the same thing.)

I believe Comey engineered his previous reputation because it is becoming clear that he is trying to do damage control from the shadows in this planted "trading up the chain" manner. But he's screwing it up big time. He just had a friend come out and say that he was hiding in the White House curtains from Trump. :) 

Seriously.

Just think. One of the most powerful law enforcement directors on earth hiding in the curtains from the most powerful man on earth. What is this? Hide and seek? Peekaboo? A soap opera? Hamlet? It's a hoot of an image. :) 

Rush deservedly mocks him.

Michael