How do you know murder is wrong?

moralist

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, atlashead said:

Dagny was in the right killing the soldier.

Dagny did not kill a soldier  defending his home and hearth.  She killed a thug involved in wrongful violent acts.   Dagny was part of a commando operation intended to save an innocent man from violence.  She killed on of the "bad guys".  Unfortunately, Rand crafted the scene so it looked like Dagny killed the thug because he could not make up his mind. 

44 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

She killed a thug involved in wrongful violent acts... Unfortunately, Rand crafted the scene so it looked like Dagny killed the thug because he could not make up his mind. 

Unfortunately, you have it backwards. She killed a uniformed LEO, a cop on duty, baffled him with bullshit and shot him.

Why do you always get everything completely wrong? Oh, duh, you already explained why. <_<

Life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. When a slaveowner strikes the eye of a male or female slave, destroying it, the owner shall let the slave go, a free person, to compensate for the eye. If the owner knocks out a tooth of a male or female slave, the slave shall be let go, a free person, to compensate for the tooth. When an ox gores a man or a woman to death, the ox shall be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall not be liable. If the ox has been accustomed to gore in the past, and its owner has been warned but has not restrained it, and it kills a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned, and its owner also shall be put to death. If a ransom is imposed on the owner, then the owner shall pay whatever is imposed for the redemption of the victim’s life. If it gores a boy or a girl, the owner shall be dealt with according to this same rule. If the ox gores a male or female slave, the owner shall pay to the slaveowner thirty shekels of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.

7 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Dagny did not kill a soldier  defending his home and hearth.  She killed a thug involved in wrongful violent acts.   Dagny was part of a commando operation intended to save an innocent man from violence.  She killed on of the "bad guys".  Unfortunately, Rand crafted the scene so it looked like Dagny killed the thug because he could not make up his mind. 

It was just the obverse of the end of We the Living. All that talking was Rand's main point--the not making up the mind, the not taking responsibility, the not putting oneself first, the not thinking. The mindless guard.

In a real operation he would have been simply shot dead without all that palaver which was verbal analogous to the action of bursting into the guards' rec. room in a display of mythical heroes in action. In real life you'd throw in a bunch of stun grenades first then kill whoever was still crawling around.

--Brant

it-is-fiction--fiction inside fiction

11 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

Unfortunately, you have it backwards. She killed a uniformed LEO, a cop on duty, baffled him with bullshit and shot him.

Why do you always get everything completely wrong? Oh, duh, you already explained why. <_<

She killed the guy because he couldn't make up his mind.  In a real raid she just would have (or should have)  shot him dead.  In a real war one achieves the mission objective  even if blood must flow. 

Dagny was taxed and enslaved by the government, he was on a government paycheck.  Dagny was the last prime mover paying taxes, I don't think it says whether Dagny believes in military force, but I doubt she even gave her consent-the government, in effect, if I'm correct, raped her financially.

Dagny was taxed and enslaved by the government, he was on a government paycheck.  Dagny was the last prime mover paying taxes, I don't think it says whether Dagny believes in military force, but I doubt she even gave her consent-the government, in effect, if I'm correct, raped her financially.

Get the rape metaphor out of that, think more clearly. Dagny and a lot of other people pay taxes, then and now. Cops are employed by government.

I don't think "rape" should be so broadly used. The word is too full of evil.

--Brant

13 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

For once I can't begin to figure you out.

--Brant

It's actually quite simple, Brant.

Secularists don't understand that when people do to each other they do to themselves because what they do to others returns to them.

It has always been this way... it is this way... and it will always be this way.

Whoever can figure this out will bless their life with happiness simply by giving up angrily blaming (unjustly accusing) others for the suffering they inflict upon themselves..

Greg

7 hours ago, moralist said:

It's actually quite simple, Brant.

Secularists don't understand that when people do to each other they do to themselves because what they do to others returns to them.

It has always been this way... it is this way... and it will always be this way.

Whoever can figure this out will bless their life with happiness simply by giving up angrily blaming (unjustly accusing) others for the suffering they inflict upon themselves..

Greg

If true, no need for cops, courts of justice, armed forces, legislation. Brilliant as usual, doofus.

23 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

For once I can't begin to figure you out.

--Brant

Don't even try.... Moralist is permanently beyond comprehension.

1 hour ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

If true, no need for cops, courts of justice, armed forces, legislation. Brilliant as usual, doofus.

You don't actually think about what you write, do you Wolf? 

The things you mentioned are just part of how what you do returns to you. Besides those, there are also many other ways for you to get exactly what you deserve as the consequences of your own actions. Everything you did returned to you. It's your own damned fault and no one else's.

Greg

58 minutes ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

Certainly true that one of us is incapable of thinking.

You still chose not to realize that legalisms are only a part of how what you do returns to you. And even that denial itself set into motion consequences you fully deserved... just as my affirmation of that same truth set into motion consequences I fully deserved.

So although the same law applies equally to both of us... the difference between what each of us got in our lives is the result of each of us living by two different sets of moral values.

Greg

39 minutes ago, moralist said:

You still chose not to realize that legalisms are only a part of how what you do returns to you. And even that denial itself set into motion consequences you fully deserved... just as my affirmation of that same truth set into motion consequences I fully deserved.

So although the same law applies equally to both of us... the difference between what each of us got in our lives is the result of each of us living by two different sets of moral values.

Greg

Please, honeybun, don't even try. You end up sounding like a child who doesn't understand the meaning of terms.

12 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

Please, honeybun, don't even try. You end up sounding like a child who doesn't understand the meaning of terms.

Your vapid empty contentless responses give you away, wolf.

I got your number. You got nothing. nodder.gif

Greg

• 4 years later...
On 4/29/2017 at 1:29 PM, Peter said:

Jules Troy wrote: You don't extend your hand to a rabid dog and expect to pet it.  You just shoot it. end quote

WASHINGTON (AP) — Relatives of more than two dozen American hostages and wrongful detainees held overseas told President Joe Biden in a letter on Monday that they questioned his administration's commitment to bringing their loved ones home. end quote

And there is still a problem getting people out of Afghanistan. Those church volunteers being held by Haitian criminals is a lousy situation. Is it crying time again, or bombing time again, with a ground strike on the criminals?  

• 2 months later...

It's not.  If you want to & you can they weren't a prime mover.
A man was hired to kill me three years ago, he made two attempts.  The first, sincere.  The second laughably halfhearted.  But I tried to kill him with everything in me.
Edit: Now to take the slightest step towards a prime movers death is a capitol crime.  If you force an individual to stay locked in a garage with you for 30 seconds while you secondhand smoke them you deserve to be dead.  Unless you were doing it for their own good: hailballs the size of cantelopes
Edit 2: BUT if someone makes a choice for you, obviously you shouldn't immediately attack them because no man knows the contents of another's mind-they could be saving your life-but if you compulse a prime mover you must be steadfast in ignoring ANY threats or repeating things said under duress.
Obviously this is never actually the case.
Edit 3: The story of the Prime mover is a sad one, they were, at times, at each others' throats.  But the worst two men, men in the exalted meaning of the term, can do to eachother is neutralize one's pleasure.  Never cut into their red.
If you get mad at someone you love realize that this is John Galt's world of a truck speeding down hill without brakes.  You've never known the meaning of peace, that was something only the second handers have known.  You're caught up in your fear & there's good reason for that.
That's why it is important to live every moment _[like it's your last] (stuck for words here), you gotta overcome those misunderstandings, they are NEVER disagreements, they are invalid, not untrue.
if i may edit4: if i may: If you're wondering, the hitmn put me in Steven Mallory's hole.  Not two years-three.  But unlike the character of Steven Mallory I am happy of that which I have created/worked on/learned.  Proud of my friendships, proud of the small little jobs I do, proud to keep moving.  Did I lose the career I want?  Yes, but the truth has power, it will save me.  But it's also up to me to push it through.  I'm not resigned.  You can never give up this fight or you become the thing you hate.  Learn to fight for yourself, learn to love yourself.  FEEL your WORK.
The INTEGRATED edit: but all that & you know what tortures me?  Just think one more thought, just gather a little more material, just learn one more thing-THIS idea is the one that's going to make me healed, that it won't matter anymore.  Convalescence.  Convalescence the goal denying apostasy the means.
I'm gonna find it, you know 😉

achievement edit: I just found out I'm ashamed of my career choice