2 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And some more fun

And to keep riffing:

:)

I'm putting this in Fake News because of the enormous support Antifa has had in the media over the last few months. Nancy Pelosi and Paul Ryan have recently disavowed Antifa, so the fake news media reactions should be fun.

Michael

I detest Jimmy Dore's politics, but I like the guy from his video personality. And I like the way he looks at facts (unless he is looking at one of his sacred cows).

Facebook has finally come up with a cure for President Trump's hijack of the term "fake news" (and making it stand for fake news instead of a political target :) ).

Facebook will now call it "false news."

Seriously.

You can't make this up.

In other words, on the Facebook platform (meaning 2 billion users out of an earth population of 7 billion or so), Mark Zuckerberg is putting together a team to actively mold public opinion about what is factual and what is not. And he wants to run for president.

Hmmmmm...

What could possibly go wrong?

I can't seem to find the video, but I saw Tucker Carlson on his Fox News show run a list of lobbying organizations and think tanks in Washington DC that Google funds. He was making the point that nobody criticizes Google and lasts long. The list rolled on and on. No wonder nobody bashes Google. It owns major communication platforms and pays for the political idea organizations on them.

EDIT: I found a video. You can see the list below for as long as the video stays up on YouTube:

(END EDIT.)

Google is also determining what is fake news and not.

What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

11 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Google is also determining what is fake news and not.

The Trump-friendly right has been going ape over this for awhile. Now lefties are going ape.

For example, it also funds academic research on topics that influence government regulations. See here.

If you dig around on the Internet, the left is not amused.

Now it intends to tell us what is fake news instead of letting each person use his or her own brain.

So it goes.

The real game with these big crony corporations is power, not unbiased information and free communication.

(I mean free as in liberty and ideological independence here, not free as in no cost.)

Michael

On 8/30/2017 at 11:54 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

Trump isn't the only reason CNN is paying attention to the hurricane disaster.  Possibly the second reason, but I think the first reason is for hyping "climate change" alarm.

I don't think I'd seen "cultural supremacists" before.  If I did, I didn't notice.  Ha!

Ellen,

I agree with this.

I don't have an opinion of first or second, though. I think it is all in the mix.

Oddly enough, on the leftie sites that immediately jump to man-made climate change in events like this, I have noticed a nuance.

Instead of saying that climate change caused the hurricane, the trend now is to say it enhanced the hurricane, that is, the hurricane would have been weaker if not for evil humans with their greedy gas guzzling cars and gluttony for meat that causes excessive cow farts.

Michael

On 8/31/2017 at 0:11 AM, Ellen Stuttle said:

Speaking of fake news, Michael, have you noticed the flak about this false death report by one Baxter Dmitry of NewsPunch?

"Ronald Bernard, Dutch Banker Who Exposed Illuminati, Found Dead"

The person found dead was a local Sebring, Florida, man named Ronald Bernard Fernandez.

I'm surprised that Dmitry still hasn't taken down the article.

In case he does take it down, part of it is quoted here.  The reporter, Dee McLachlan, leaves out most of a paragraph in which Dmitry slipped in his cribbing from the original news article and left the name "Fernandez."

Ellen

Ellen,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this (and the other post). You threw me a bit with this topic since I knew nothing about it.

The three videos of Ronald Bernard are long and in Dutch and I still have not watched them. So I have no informed opinion on their content until I watch them. On a surface skim, it looks like Mr. Bernard believes what he says and he does not appear to exhibit tells of actual insanity like odd nervous ticks and so on.

But this reference to unfamiliar names is confusing to the reader. So, briefly, for the reader, here is what happened. 

Ronald Bernard is a Dutch banker within the elites who claims to have witnessed inducements at gatherings by other banker elites in Europe to perform Satanic rituals, including child sacrifice--and they wanted him to do the same. In fact, according to his claims in news reports, at a party, these elites wanted him to literally murder a child as a sacrifice. So he decided to expose them. (Sorry if that is scant on details like name of bank he is associated with, etc. I haven't looked that deeply into this issue yet. But these details are not necessary for the purposes of this post.)

Then, a male adult body was found on a nature trail in Florida. If you look at it from the right angle, it suspiciously looks like murder. The name of the deceased is Ronald Bernard Fernandez. There is a lot of speculation that it was the Dutch Ronald Bernard, who supposedly was using a pseudonym to hide from potential murder attempts. (In my opinion, if that were the case, it was surely one of the lamest pseudonyms ever. :) )

A news service called News Punch published an article in its "Conspiracies" section on August 24, 2017 by reporter Baxter Dmitry called Ronald Bernard, Dutch Banker Who Exposed Illuminati, Found Dead. Ellen posted a link to a Gumshoe News article that debunked Dmitry's article: Banker Ronald Bernard, Baxter Dmitry and the Late Mr Fernandez by Dalia Mae. Ms. Mae mentioned this Tampa-based WFLA article as proof for busting Dmitry.

(Back to Ellen:)

As I dug around, I came across this: Man gets lost, dies in Preserve by the staff at the Highlands News Sun. It is dated July 25, 2017. This is a full month before Dmitry's article. The article Ms. Mae linked to is dated July 24. For some reason she did not think to mention the dates. Maybe her gotcha zeal got her too excited? :) 

Quipping aside, obviously, Baxter Dmitry cribbed from a news story a month before about the death of a Florida resident to create fake news about the death of the Dutchman (who is still alive as far as I can tell). Baxter Dmitry did that on purpose and there is no getting around the fact that he produced deceptive propaganda because that was his intent.

I had never heard of Baxter Dmitry or News Punch before (or even Ronald Bernard for that matter :) ), but now I will take anything coming from them with the same suspicion I reserve for CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, etc.

Just for the record, my gut tells me Mr. Bernard is scared about something. I don't know how truthful his account is according to the way he told it (I strongly suspect exaggerations and fabrications), but my gut tells me I need to look into it and at least watch the videos. Maybe read some more if I can find decent information.

If I were to use Mr. Bernard as a character in a thriller story, I would make him slightly paranoid and overreacting (i.e., doing as he is now). I would also make the threats real, but highly veiled--definitely not explicit. So the threats would be real, his fear would be real, but the evidence would be scarce-to-nonexistent and his overreactions would discredit him to the public. And off he would go running from evil until he took it down...

Michael

On September 3, 2017 at 0:59 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

[....]

Oddly enough, on the leftie sites that immediately jump to man-made climate change in events like this, I have noticed a nuance.

Instead of saying that climate change caused the hurricane, the trend now is to say it enhanced the hurricane, that is, the hurricane would have been weaker if not for evil humans with their greedy gas guzzling cars and gluttony for meat that causes excessive cow farts.

Michael

Supposedly scientific advocates of DAGW (dangerous anthropogenic global warming) are also making the shift from saying that humans burning fossil fuels caused the hurricane to saying that it enhanced the hurricane - especially that it enhanced the amount of rainfall.  This shift might have started with the Texas State Climatologist, but I'm not sure who started it.  At any rate it's being used by "scientific" alarmists and it's indicative of increasing insecurity about alarmist claims.

Ellen

On September 3, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

As I dug around, I came across this: Man gets lost, dies in Preserve by the staff at the Highlands News Sun. It is dated July 25, 2017. This is a full month before Dmitry's article. The article Ms. Mae linked to is dated July 24. For some reason she did not think to mention the dates. Maybe her gotcha zeal got her too excited? :) 

Quipping aside, obviously, Baxter Dmitry cribbed from a news story a month before about the death of a Florida resident to create fake news about the death of the Dutchman (who is still alive as far as I can tell). Baxter Dmitry did that on purpose and there is no getting around the fact that he produced deceptive propaganda because that was his intent.

I had never heard of Baxter Dmitry or News Punch before (or even Ronald Bernard for that matter :) ), but now I will take anything coming from them with the same suspicion I reserve for CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, etc.

I think the debunking article is actually by Dee McLachlan, though posted on the Gumshoe site by Dahlia Mae.  Whichever person wrote it apparently did miss that the original news report from which Dmitry cribbed almost word-for-word (except for a changed phrase to make the death look suspicious) was from July, a month earlier than Dmitry's report.  I  noticed the date discrepancy when doing a bit of looking on the web for commentary.

How Dmitry thought he could get away with it - if he did think he could - I don't know.  Maybe he knew he'd be caught but doesn't care.

There are reports of his having done similar things before - for instance, a deathbed confession re 9/11 from a non-existent person with the story using a photo of someone or other who was dying in a hospital.

I think the NewsPunch site used to be callied something else and only recently changed the name - another detail I noticed in some quick web searching.

Haven't looked further. Haven't had time.  The way I was led to the Barnard death article is because someone Larry and I know sent us a link to an article about Charlotesville by Dmitry.  Although I think that parts of that article are accurate,  parts of it made me suspicious, so a i checked out the NewsPunch site.

Dmitry posts a lot.  I wager he also cribs a lot and just changes some specifics.

Ellrn

Something just occurred to me and I'm putting it here in Fake News. It actually should go in a place called "Fake Social Media," but I don't feel like starting a new thread about it.

Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. are canceling accounts (and otherwise limiting the exposure and monetization) of extremely popular right wing folks right now. Yet these platforms--which started out open to users of all political persuasions--are corporations based on the profit motive. 

Despite politics, I'm not so sure they can shake their own nature as businesses. I don't see them selflessly foregoing profits for a "higher cause." A user who has hundreds of thousands of users and brings in big advertising bucks is not someone a profit-oriented corporation will release easily, yet these major platforms are now doing it over and over when said user is right wing. (And a few token lefties so they can appear objective.)

Let's look behind the fact and ask a simple question, shall we?

Do Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc., exist to throw money away? If not, why are they throwing of money away and lots of it?

The only reasonable answer is that they are getting lots more money from somewhere to do that. And this is a somewhere with strings attached, one with demands about political and religious/ideological affiliation.

And that spells government to me, not just the US government, either...

Friggin' crony corporatists...

All of them...

The good news is that this also spells opportunity for anyone with enough gumption to take it. I believe government involvement in major social media platforms to intimidate and brainwash the population will implode over time and, possibly, take the big platforms down with their implosions. Whoever is doing platforms at the time and appeals to the dissatisfied with a real solution will reap the benefits.

In fact, that is exactly how President Trump won the election. He bypassed a corrupt and agenda-driven press with a new communication platform and a message the people resonated with that the press tried to ignore and suppress.

The truth is that when you stifle information reaching a public and shut people up, you do not convince them of anything. Silence is not an argument. In fact, when you do that, you create the very conditions for your own destruction in a high-tech communications environment like we now have. You make yourself irrelevant to large masses of people when they find an alternative that does not try to censor their souls.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

I am totally enchanted by a young lady (Candace Owens) who calls herself "Red Pill Black."

Based on her interview on the Rubin Report, and I'm only 20 minutes into it so far, she is the epitome of what I mean when I say "independent thinking."

This is in the Fake News thread because her awakening came from being targeted by the fake news.

In short, she was promoting anti-bullying as an online topic to put a commercial structure around, was a liberal but not really political, and came up with an idea to develop technology to uncover online trolls with fake accounts. She made a Kickstarter campaign about it. Out of nowhere, Zoë Quinn, who Candace says was a Twitter employee at the time, but whose fame came from the Gamergate controversy, called her and tried to convince her that such technology would be bad because people who are persecuted online did not really want to know the identity of their online anonymous tormentors. And she broke down crying. Candace respectively disagreed and ended the call. Within two hours, she was flooded online with a bunch of people calling her all kinds of names (including racial slurs) and that made her pay attention big time. Candace became a media sensation because she stood up to these attacks as a black woman.

I have read the book The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think, and How You Vote by Sharyl Attkisson. Sharyl names names and documents it all. What happened to Candace is exactly what Sharyl talks about.

The funny thing is that Candace only wanted to try to build the doxx technology. She hadn't done anything yet. All she had was a webpage. The social justice warriors, fearing she had developed a prototype, went ballistic. Why?

Well, the threat the Fake News folks felt was that if Candace could make it so normal people could "doxx" the trolls (in other words, identify their personal information and post it online), she would essentially nuke online political and social justice campaigns run by bots and new account farms. Everybody would see that, say, 1,000 super-active Twitter accounts (or Facebook accounts, etc.) came from the same two people.

If you want to see how fake news campaigns are run, see the video below. It's fascinating, and like I said, I'm only 20 minutes into it so far. I have no doubt the rest will be as good as what I have already seen.

Incidentally, here on a forum called AR15 is a very good print description of what Candace said about her attacks from Zoë Quinn & Co. I don't know anything about this forum or the author (one illustrious "Mal_means_bad" :) ), but the description is accurate.

Early in the election Candace Owens (aka Red Pill Black on Youtube) started a kickstarter with a proposal to write an anti-cyberbullying app that would automatically unmask internet trolls, and being a liberal at the time she assumed that the lefty community would be super excited to promote a tool to fight back against all the racist/sexist/homophobic etc etc attacks they were reporting from anonymous evil conservative white men online - she was dead wrong.  

The social justice warriors thought she already had a beta of a working unmasking tool and went into an instant panic attack, apparently believing that the constant false flag attacks they were launching at themselves were about to be uncovered.  Shortly after launching the kickstarter, master SJW troll and leftist social media goon Zoe Quinn of gamergate infamy called Candace and begged her to deep six her project.  Quinn said that victims didn't want to know who harassed them, burst into tears and said that the app would "ruin everything" (a phrase that brought Candace to instant full alert), then threatened that racist conservatives would harass Candace and her family day and night, dox them and threaten their lives if she carried through with the app.  Immediately suspicious, Candace refused and two hours later she was suddenly inundated with vile racist email threats from accounts with obvious names like Trump Or Die.   

Candace raised the bullshit flag on Twitter and named Quinn as her real attacker, the next day half the world's English language media wanted to interview her.  She was surprised by the instant reaction but trusted the media at the time and thought great, I can get the word out, but quickly learned that they were just an enforcement arm of the SJW mafia with orders to bury her and the app that didn't actually exist yet.  They succeeded in killing the kickstarter, but realization that everything Trump was saying about the left and the media was true gobsmacked her and she's crusaded against the left ever since.

Michael

Steve Chowder asks: Is the media complicit with all of this or do they just suck at their jobs?

He's referring to the infiltration he made into Antifa. He filmed them planning violence and distributing weapons. He turned the footage over to the police and arrests were made.

Then he offered this footage to the mainstream media.

They walked away and blanked it out.

This is the fake news being offered a real story and canning it.

Why?

Actually, I only asked that for rhetorical reasons. I already know the answer.

As I said above, Steve Chowder asks: Is the media complicit with all of this or do they just suck at their jobs?

The answer is: BOTH.

The elitist establishment is going down... You know why?

This video and the one I posted before of Red Pill Black were featured on Real Clear Politics Video. (For this video, see here.) It seems like some people in the mainstream media are starting to get fed up with the mainstream media.

They're starting to get tired of being fake news.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 10:53 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

James O'Keefe strikes again.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:45 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And again:

And yet again:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall;
Globalist horses and globalist men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

I once heard a saying about breaking eggs and omelets...

Michael

On 10/19/2017 at 8:22 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Drip... drip... drip...

Yes!

Direct quote from the end:

We're looking forward to more reactions from Dean Baquet coming soon because there's a lot more to come.

(low organ music, a dog barking in the distance, rumbles of thunder, a lightening flash...)

I quip (I like quirky), but the NYT folks should tremble for real. I know I'm not buying stock in NYT anytime soon.

Michael

The Fake News is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Mike Ceronvich gave a speech at Columbia University (in NYC) on Monday. There was a promise of huge disruptions by Antifa, etc., and there were some protesters, but it went OK.

What didn't go OK was a reporter for Vice, Newsweek, and The Guardian, Arvind Dilawar. At least he claimed to work for those mainstream news organizations. He was arrested and charged with robbery and possession of stolen property. Apparently, he stole a cell phone, ripping it right out of the hand of a woman, then taking off.

According to the article below, neither Vice, Newsweek, or The Guardian have had anything to say about it so far.

Vice, Newsweek Silent After Journalist Accused Of Robbing, Injuring A Woman At Cernovich Event

I guess the Fake News companies think think it's all Fake News anyway, so why not hire thieves instead of reporters? They're cheaper since they supplement their income from crowd pickings.

Michael

Enough time has passed with nothing but press blackout on the Las Vegas massacre that I am calling bullshit. In fact, I did that days ago, but with each new day, I kept thinking that maybe today something will come out. And nothing ever did.

So, for me, this has moved into the category of fake news, except this time, it seems like everybody in the mainstream is complicit. And I'm not the only one noticing. See below from Zero Hedge. In fact, that article prompted me to write this post.

Why Has The Las Vegas Massacre Disappeared From The News Cycle?

Michael

Incredible.

If you're going to kill 58 and wound about 550 you probably can't do it by yourself without a Gatling gun.

I once knew a man who killed 18 communist soldiers with a continuous burst of .30 cal. machine gun fire. Was a machine gun recovered in Vegas? Those weapons are belt fed. An M-16 on full auto, assuming true full auto and not a three-round burst, has only a 30 round magazine at most. To do the ascribed damage you'll need to fire at least 1000 to 3000 rounds. It's theorectically possible. Was a weapon recovered that was capable of 600 rounds a minute but slowed down by magazine changing like the M-16 I used in Vietnam? Why would the shooter break out two far apart windows? Etc.

--Brant

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Enough time has passed with nothing but press blackout on the Las Vegas massacre that I am calling bullshit.

It's funny.

I posted that yesterday, then saw the following on Tucker later that night. He essentially said the same thing I did, except he focused on the investigators, not the media:

Why hasn't the media been all over this?

They do it when they want to with unexplained disasters.

Doesn't anyone remember the year long 24/7 coverage by CNN of the Malaysia Airlines flight 370 that went missing?

This opening by Tucker even garnered a tweet from the President:

Michael

On 8/23/2017 at 10:44 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Mark Levin noticed that it's been 10 days without Muh Russians! (Russians! Russians! Russians! Russians! Russians! Russians!) being in the mainstream news.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Now we know why the "muh Russians" narrative started dying. Talk about irony...

Muh Russians friggin' OWN a good chunk of top-tier Silicon Valley. 

And it's the New York Times, the fakiest of fake news organizations of all things, that uncovered it.

Kremlin Cash Behind Billionaire’s Twitter and Facebook Investments

Does anyone think this is an isolated case? If you do, I have no doubt you believe the Democratic primaries were not rigged.

I swear, if anyone wrote this stuff in a novel, people would call it a piss-poor novel because humans simply are not so stupid they would sell US uranium to the Russians in a corrupt kickback operation, rig a presidential primary, collude with Russia to produce propaganda and a dossier so outrageous and adolescent no one can believe it, know that the giant social media machines on their side are funded by the Russians, and then devote over a year attacking Russia through their well-oiled mainstream press machine and promoting a fictional Russian collusion narrative as if it were fact.

They flaunted their own crimes before the world by insisting Trump was the one who did them.

Don't these people know that the more you talk about something, the more people remember it. And that transaction records exist?

Michael

This (from Fox):

Anti-Trump media makes up fake story about overfeeding fish at Japanese koi pond

And this:

The fake news media just doesn't stop, poor little things. They can't help themselves...

It's a good thing I now get most of my news at alternative sites. Oh, I see the headlines in the mainstream and read something here and there, but when I want to know the real facts about a crisis, I have only found one decent mainstream place: Heavy. Other than that, I make a round of alternative sites (pro and con my views) and filter. 

I can excuse a person being crazy or impassioned and saying wrong things because he believes them. I can't stand liars who lie to my face on purpose in order to spread factually incorrect smears--like the current mainstream press does over and over. 

Michael

I was at a nice Japanese restaurant with my army buddies and the restaurant had a pool with huge gold fish in it. We dropped a few things in the water and a tiny waitress who looked to be about 14 came over to us and said, "Youstopdoingdis." We stopped.  

• 3 weeks later...

Now, about that "Muh Russians" thing, more and more I'm seeing the ruling class establishment mainstream fake news press throw Mueller under the bus.

Here's something from the LA Times, for example. But this is starting to appear all over the place.

As he investigates Trump's aides, Robert Mueller's record shows surprising flaws

Mueller sure as hell spent a lot of money on those "surprising flaws" and the fake news media sure as hell spent a lot of effort and mainstream reporting time and space propping his investigation up.

Now, something tells me it's time to pay the piper and the media is not going to be the one to pony up. Instead:

Hi ho,
Hi ho...
Beneath the bus he goes...

I wonder, I wonder... what's going on in the privileged chambers of the ruling class elites...

Michael