Fake News

Let's see if this thread gets some traction.

It is dedicated to all the fake news that is fit to publish.

:) 

Let's start with Mika over at MSNBC for a mission statement, shall we? From Zero Hedge:

MSNBC Anchor: "Our Job" Is To "Control Exactly What People Think"

Michael

EDIT: The fake news media constantly concocts fake hate crimes, or spins normal crimes into hate crimes, and I want an easy to find where people can source these incidents without plowing through a lot of propaganda. 

The opening post of the Fake News thread seems as good a place as any. So here is the gem of a site I just found. To quote from the site, it's a "database of the false reports of 'hate crimes' committed in the USA":

Fake Hate Crimes

I might add to this as I discover more. If anyone needs this information for research (like for articles, videos, memes, etc.), please bookmark the site or this page.

Michael

27 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It is dedicated to all the fake news that is fit to publish.

Let's start with Mika over at MSNBC for a mission statement, shall we? From Zero Hedge:

You just posted a fake news story, from a guy at Infowars.

Mika means it's their job to be the media, it's not Trump's job.

9 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Mika means it's their job to be the media, it's not Trump's job.

Korben,

You mean like in these exact words?

This is Mika speaking on the video:

Well, I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media and trying to make up his own facts. And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job.

Since that is the way she constantly acts, her words are pretty hard to misinterpret.

Michael

9 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Korben,

The fake news moniker was engineered by the Clinton team to attack Infowars (and Breitbart, including Bannon, etc.). And the mainstream news ran with it, day in and day out. Over and over and over. Especially on reports that were not fake (like Soros funding thugs at demonstrations and rallies, etc.).

Then President Trump told the CNN guy, "You are fake news," and the public breathed a big sigh of relief.

Finally something made sense and the cat jumped right out of the bag.

Now, with credibility in the single digits at times, the mainstream pundits are all crying that this is dangerous. (If you want links, I can come up with some hilarious ones. :) )

Maybe if the mainstream news didn't publish such an enormous amount of nonstop fake news, the name would not have stuck to them like stink to shit.

Michael

4 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

The fake news moniker was engineered by the Clinton team to attack Infowars (and Breitbart, including Bannon, etc.). And the mainstream news ran with it, day in and day out. Over and over and over. Especially on reports that were not fake (like Soros funding thugs at demonstrations and rallies, etc.).

Then President Trump told the CNN guy, "You are fake news," and the public breathed a big sigh of relief.

Finally something made sense and the cat jumped right out of the bag.

Now, with credibility in the single digits at times, the mainstream pundits are all crying that this is dangerous. (If you want links, I can come up with some hilarious ones. :) )

Maybe if the mainstream news didn't publish such an enormous amount of nonstop fake news, the name would not have stuck to them like stink to shit.

Michael

Interesting, but you didn't deny that Infowars is fake news!  :P:)

:evil:

Korben,

The gotcha is fun, but it begs the meaning of "fake news" as a propaganda tool.

That part is what I am interested in. If your interests lie in simply talking bad about Trump (or Infowars or whatever), go for it. But don't expect much discussion from my end.

This is a propaganda war and it's real, with high stakes, not a gotcha war for oneupmanship on a small forum.

It's like the difference between fighting ISIS with Hellfire missiles on up (which is the scale I want to look at propaganda) and setting up toy soldiers for a mock battle (which is a game for fun).

Michael

From Wikipedia, the definition of Fake News:

Fake news websites (also referred to as hoax news[1][2]) deliberately publish hoaxes, propaganda, and disinformation purporting to be real news — often using social media to drive web traffic and amplify their effect.[3][4][5] Unlike news satire, fake news websites seek to mislead, rather than entertain, readers for financial, political, or other gain.[6][4]

A list of fake news websites from Wikipedia, where Infowars is on the list:

InfoWars

Managed by Alex Jones. Has previously claimed that millions of people have voted illegally in the 2016 presidential election, that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax, and that the Democratic Party was hosting a child sex slave ring out of a pizza restaurant.

[35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44]

Korben,

I already saw that earlier.

But tell me, did Mika say that before or after she took her big fat foot out of her mouth?

If she's going to gotcha others and strut around doing the control freak sighing and finger-pointing, and NEVER accept someone's explanation when she's against that person, it's reasonable to judge her according to her own standards.

That is, unless one considers her to be a superior sort of beautiful, talented, smart, and successful elitist who is entitled to live by privilege instead of logic and other rules for the rest of us commoners.

Regardless, the public is currently judging her by the words she said, not by her lame-ass Tweet. So she's feeling the sting and will continue to feel it for some time. What's worse, her denial is like a dead fish. The longer she holds onto it, the worse it will stink.

This couldn't happen to a more beautiful, talented, smart, and successful snoot.

btw - Mika has presented her own share of fake news. She's quite the team player in that regard.

Michael

Here's a fascinating read:

16 Fake News Stories Reporters Have Run Since Trump Won
Journalists, media types, reporters, you have two choices: you can fix these problems, or you can watch your profession go down in flames.
by Daniel Payne
February 6, 2017
The Federalist
I'll just give the titles below. Discussions of each are in the article:

Early November: Spike in Transgender Suicide Rates
November 22: The Tri-State Election Hacking Conspiracy Theory
December 1: The 27-Cent Foreclosure
January 20: Nancy Sinatra’s Complaints about the Inaugural Ball
January 20: The Nonexistent Climate Change Website ‘Purge’
January 20: The Great MLK Jr. Bust Controversy
January 20: Betsy DeVos, Grizzly Fighter
January 26: The ‘Resignations’ At the State Department
January 27: The Photoshopped Hands Affair
January 29: The Reuters Account Hoax
January 31: The White House-SCOTUS Twitter Mistake
January 31: The Big Travel Ban Lie
February 1: POTUS Threatens to Invade Mexico
February 2: Easing the Russian Sanctions
February 2: Renaming Black History Month
February 2: The House of Representatives’ Gun Control Measures

As John Dickerson of CBS confessed to Hugh Hewitt last Friday (see here):

Appearing on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show Friday, Mr. Dickerson agreed with Mr. Trump’s claim during Thursday’s heated press conference that the American people have lost faith in the media’s credibility.

“Yes, it’s true, and it’s not because of anything obviously Donald Trump did,” the “Face the Nation” host said, according to a clip posted by Mediaite. “The press did all that good work ruining its reputation on its own, and we can have a long conversation about what created that.”

Michael

Korben,

It was interesting how Mika and Joe did a 180 degree about-face last year with Trump, too.

One minute they were big buddies and Trump was on all the time. The next, they were bashing Trump even when he said "and" and "the."

That happened right after it came out that people at MSNBC were complaining about their coziness with Trump.

That sounds like journalistic integrity, huh?

People notice these things.

I suppose I could hunt down Mika's wrongdoings as a journalist, but sanctimonious cowardice and lack of integrity when toadying up to her bosses is good enough for me. She's just not that important for further effort right now (a blip on the big picture), especially in light of the information that--according to all indications--is getting ready to drop soon.

Michael

Just when I move on from a distraction to concentrate on the real deal, I come across something like this from Rush Limbaugh.

Stop Telling Me What Mika Brzezinski Said

From Rush:

I decided I had to mention this ’cause a lot of people think it’s a big deal that Mika Brzezinski at MSNBC actually said that it is the media’s job to control what people think. Well, duh! (laughing) If that was a teachable moment, I’m happy it happened. 

. . .

... the idea that they, in their minds, are in charge of what you think? Why do you think they’re so ticked off? Of course they’re in charge of what you think, and yet you voted Trump! You didn’t vote Hillary. It’s just one of the gazillion reasons why they’re ticked off. I’m not even surprised she would admit it. I think these people long ago lost any pretense of objectivity.

Michael

Well, it started--Part 1:

The video itself is a bit of a fizzle. I was expecting a smoking gun that goes boom.

However, here is the link to the 100+ hours of video from inside CNN.

Project Veritas Releases Over 100 Hours of Audio From Inside CNN

(btw - There is a traffic overload crashing the audio player on the site. But there's a notice saying it will return to normal shortly.)

A really interesting point is that O'Keefe is asking the public to listen and transcribe the juicy stuff.

This is a form of getting audience participation. Social media runs on it.

Let's see what turns up other than CNN using old polls for current events in 2009 as given in the video, or senior editors openly saying they are biased against Republicans.

Michael

Also, this is on Breitbart:

CNNLeaks: CNN Editors Claim ‘No Debate’ On Climate Change, Call Fox News ‘Unbearable’

And this on Zero Hedge:

O'Keefe Drops "Bombshell" Undercover Footage From Within CNN

I forgot to mention, O'Keefe is offering $10,000 to anyone who gets him tapes from inside newsrooms that he can use.

Michael

52 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I forgot to mention, O'Keefe is offering $10,000 to anyone who gets him tapes from inside newsrooms that he can use.

02.23.2017-11.23.png

This red headline links to The Washington Times:

James O’Keefe offers $10,000 awards for evidence of ‘media malfeasance’

From the article:

The Project Veritas leader announced he will give $10,000 to anyone who brings him evidence of “corruption, malfeasance and wrongdoing” in the press.

“If you have hidden audio recordings, videotapes or documents inside of a newsroom or media institution, and the material is good enough, I will pay you $10,000,” Mr. O'Keefe says in the video set to be released on Thursday.

I bet George Soros is not funding that venture.

Michael

I am glad that Google is starting to stop bullshit websites such as naturalnews. Google is doing a great service to humanity by shutting down websites that disagree with what is generally accepted.

Nutjobs like Mike Adams will kick up a fuss and say some bullshit about freedom of information and tyranny. But Google and even government has a right and even an obligation to protect people from information and ideas that are contrary to what is generally accepted.

True to form, conspiracy theorist Mike Adams sees all this as a great conspiracy by the Evil Empire against 'truth tellers' such as himself and Alex Jones. He thinks he and Alex Jones are the good guys and the Evil Empire are the bad guys.

Get a load of how crazy Mike Adams really is.

49 minutes ago, jts said:

I am glad that Google is starting to stop bullshit websites such as naturalnews. Google is doing a great service to humanity by shutting down websites that disagree with what is generally accepted.

Nutjobs like Mike Adams will kick up a fuss and say some bullshit about freedom of information and tyranny. But Google and even government has a right and even an obligation to protect people from information and ideas that are contrary to what is generally accepted.

True to form, conspiracy theorist Mike Adams sees all this as a great conspiracy by the Evil Empire against 'truth tellers' such as himself and Alex Jones. He thinks he and Alex Jones are the good guys and the Evil Empire are the bad guys.

Get a load of how crazy Mike Adams really is.

Sometimes paranoids have real enemies. 

Just for clarification -- Google is a privately owned  facility and they can filter out anything they damn well please.  So what Google has done is NOT censoring. 

19 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Sometimes paranoids have real enemies. 

Just for clarification -- Google is a privately owned  facility and they can filter out anything they damn well please.  So what Google has done is NOT censoring. 

You ought to look at a good dictionary before lecturing us about censorship.

Nathaniel Branden once declaimed--on the Internet--that only government could censor. He was wrong too. Governments are only the worst actors.

Electronic dictionaries are notorious for abbreviated definitions. Don't let me get started about spell checkers and spellings.

--Brant