About ACA

turkeyfoot

I found out today that United Health Care has pulled out of Virginia and my wifes policy is cancelled forthwith. Ive been avoiding medical insurance the last two years, prior to that I always had employer provided insurance. I was looking today because of the 2015 shared responsibility payment I had. I preferred to get something for my money so looked for a high deductible policy. They have them, called short term and in Va they are reevaluated every 30 to 184 days. And pre existing conditions arent getting covered. I take a few aspirin occasionally so wasnt worried. Apart from that there are no private health policies for me or my wife. And because I have a philosophical difference with ACA Im in a quandry and will look into concierge medicine or pay as I go. My wife isnt as fortunate with pill prices at $220+ a day. I considering taking Fu%kItAll as a remedy.

So all in all were being driven towards ACA and its failures.

Apparently Anthem will evaluate 2017 to determine whether they will stay in the game. Gove sued to block Anthem from buying Cigna. Aetna is gone in 11 states, Cigna isnt offered in my county.

My buddy who has 1 kidney had a stone and was peeing blood. He went in and it is through him Im hearing of the many hurdles and absence of premium care that are taking place in what was once better in the private industry. I know better because all I knew for a long time was Army hospitals. No surprise simply shocked at the ineptitude and gutless meanderings of Jonathan Gruber and how his example isnt enough to get rid of this meaningless piece of garbage.

This has got to be the single biggest pocket book item affecting Americans. On this issue alone Trump, if he could win with a mandate, might be able to have it pass muster with Congress. They are fing killing the insurance industry, the way Drs practice and all its ramifications with real innocent human beings caught in the cross fire.

1 hour ago, turkeyfoot said:

On this issue alone Trump, if he could win with a mandate, might be able to have it pass muster with Congress

Geoff,

Trump has declared that one of the first things he is going to do as president is convene a special session of Congress for the sole purpose of repealing Obamacare.

Hang in there.

If the voting works out on Tuesday (and I think it will), the cavalry is on the way...

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Geoff,

Trump has declared that one of the first things he is going to do as president is convene a special session of Congress for the sole purpose of repealing Obamacare.

Hang in there.

If the voting works out on Tuesday (and I think it will), the cavalry is on the way...

Michael

How many congressmen will want to face the wrath of their constituency for  cutting their medical insurance.  Just repealing ACA will not flay.  Some must be provided to replace ACA and produce the desired result to wit,  increased medical coverage.   LBJ  won the heart of the geezers by producing medicare. No congress person in his right mind would  even think of repealing it.  A similar thing will happen with ACA. 

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Geoff,

Hang in there.

Michael

Michael,

I wonder what odds are given towards the successful outcome of him simultaneously pushing legislation repealing ACA,  hanging the biatch, building a wall,  massive tax reform, appointing SC judges not to mention the other 95 items on his published agenda.

Not to mention what 535 others will have to say about it. 

I think declarations are fine. In particular, one. )

10 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

How many congressmen will want to face the wrath of their constituency for  cutting their medical insurance.  Just repealing ACA will not flay.  Some must be provided to replace ACA and produce the desired result to wit,  increased medical coverage.   LBJ  won the heart of the geezers by producing medicare. No congress person in his right mind would  even think of repealing it.  A similar thing will happen with ACA. 

Quite right, Bob. Eh, its a dismal thought. There are no reasons to be optimistic.

I dont recall when the government has ever taken a broken program and reversed course after so many are vested in legal procedural abundant regulation intertwining the insured as well as the insurers, who will be leery at best to make the fundamental changes required again without major concessions and compromises?

What hes talking about doesnt even sound like repeal really. As in removing something completely. I heard Pence the other day make a pronouncement that pre existing conditions will not exclude people from getting insurance!

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/01/gov-mike-pence-details-plan-to-repeal-and-replace-obamacare/

"And we will protect Americans with pre-existing conditions so that they are not charged more or denied coverage, just because they have been sick, so long as they have paid their premiums consistently."

He didnt build it. ) On his own.

One example. The Trump International in LV was built in cooperation with another developer.

In a role (heh) as president that cooperation will be split 3 ways.

Please tell me you will be ok after Nov 8 regardless of the outcome. Take as much time as you'll need.

Unbridled enthusiasm, well, is just that. )

Manageable depression isnt fun.

11 minutes ago, turkeyfoot said:

Unbridled enthusiasm, well, is just that. )

Manageable depression isnt fun.

One either manages depression or depression oppresses the one. 

The verdict. My wife obtained insurance through the only means possible, ACA, (due to a pre existing condition) and didnt qualify for a subsidy.

The premium is twice that in 2015 from a private insurer.

100 times greater costs in 30 yrs.

In 2001 the drug was $26k.

Today its $146k