Food For The Poor

Wolf DeVoon

The Salem radio network is purring on all cylinders, every talk show host extoling the virtue of selflessness, imploring listeners to donate $60 right now, to send rice to a million starving women and children in Haiti, because there was a drought that no one could have forseen or done anything about. You remember Haiti, right? Poorest country on earth. Had a big crisis of starvation and disease after an earthquake. Clinton Foundation has operations there.

Food For The Poor is an evangelical operation. I'm not entirely sure whether FFTP is paying Salem Communications to beg for money, or if Salem decided to find starving children in the western hemisphere. I think there are people starving in other places, but none nearer than Haiti apparently, and Salem is a national radio network led by charismatic evangelists who might have a personal connection with FFTP. Why they employ Jews to host their prime day part shows, I dunno. They were all in the bag for Ted Cruz 100%, and they're still slamming Trump around the clock with numerous solemn reverences to Israel.  Salem reaches eleven million radio listeners from coast to coast, 95% Republican and 95% Christian. I listen for the purpose of opposition research. It still puzzles me why there's no rational talk network.

Hillsdale College is in bed with Salem, daily plugs for Hillsdale as a beacon of constitutional enlightenment. And there's some cross-fertilization with Fox News. Salem's early drive host Hugh Hewitt was a Fox guest inquisitor at one of the Republican primary debates, famously embarrassing Trump with a question about the "nuclear triad," thus illustrating how Ted was the better man, a safe pair of Israel-friendly evangelical hands to wage war.

Having lost the primary to Trumpers, an unwashed mob of nitwits (14 million of them) who probably don't care about Israel, it became necessary to talk about something else like Haiti. Morning host Mike Gallagher professes admiration for Haiti's political past as the first slave colony to revolt and create the worst black-led nation in human history, which is an amazing achievement, since so many African countries compete for that distinction. Salem talk hosts Gallagher The Dummy, Prager The Rabbi, Hewitt The Catholic, Born Again comedian Metaxas and Orthodox Jew Medved are locked in a compassion competition to raise the most money by weepy pleas every few minutes. It was doofus Metaxas who let it slip that orders had come from "on high" at Salem to plug Food For The Poor, send money now! -- and there were other hints that the network might have a financial oar in it.

Probably doesn't matter. If you send $60 to a charity, about half of it pays for advertising and money laundering. Why it's important to send rice to Haiti, I don't know. I thought diplomats did that kind of thing, sending U.S. rice all over the world in bags marked USAID. I find it hard to believe that Haitians are starving because our government forgot to feed them. So, the Salem radio campaign is fishy indeed. Maybe it has to do with evangelism. You get one scoop of rice if you say these magic Christian words for us. Naw, can't be. Probably has nothing to do with feeding anybody. Raising money for Haiti should be called Food For The Missionaries.

All very strange. A country destroys itself with dictatorship, graft, stupidity, and sloth. They get bailed out by our government and by top charities like Red Cross and Save The Children. All for naught. Salem to the rescue! with Jesus and rice. Let's suppose they can keep more women and children alive indefinitely. Then what? Haitian girls become women at age 12 and more starving children are born. How does this ever end?

We need to ask ourselves similar questions about U.S. domestic welfare spending, Section 8 housing, school breakfast lunch dinner, disability benefits, Medicaid, EBT, and food stamps. Blacks and browns multiply, take over cities and demand more free shit. Free transportation. Free Obamaphones. Free university tuition, housing and books for fatherless clods who lack the initiative to study and speak 8th grade English and therefore need free tutors, coaches, and remedial college readiness courses that explain algebra in street nigga and Spanish.

More U.S. black and brown girls become women at age 15 and more fatherless dolts are born, 95% of them voting Democrat, past, present and future. How does this ever improve? I'd like to know if Trump proposes to stop welfare, cut Federal spending on "means tested" medical patients, many of them chronically ill from self-inflicted harm.

Establishment Republican thought on this question is covered in goo. We should take care of those in need. Trump said, "No one is going to die on the streets." Pretty big ambition, since about 3,500 U.S. negroes and latinos are shot and killed by each other every year. How Trump proposes to stop these people from dying is unclear.

I'm an old fashioned Objectivist. The wages of sin is death -- which means: multiplying the poor in Haiti or Newark or Los Angeles will be the death of all concerned. Kinda sad, but they don't stand a chance if enough rational people go on strike, quit giving the unearned to the ungrateful, led by the incoherent.

Food For The Poor
Black Lives Matter

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, this seems to be a permanent problem.  You will see that it is "two years old" but was reported three years ago.

HaitiDrought Snapshot (July 2016) - Haiti | ReliefWeb

reliefweb.int/report/haiti/haiti-drought-snapshot-july-2016

The drought that has hit Haiti in the two last years has caused the agricultural production to fall about 60% in comparison to 2013. The drought in combination with

More than 1.5 million Haitians are threatened with malnutrition — double the number of six months ago — because of a three-year-old drought that has been worsened by the global El Niño weather phenomenon, the anti-hunger agency of the United Nations said Tuesday. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/10/world/americas/haiti-drought-worsens-food-crisis-un-agency-says.html?_r=0

Haiti drought cuts harvests, lifts prices, food crisis looms: WFP

BOGOTA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A severe drought in Haiti has led to acute water shortages, shriveled harvests and raised food prices, weakening the fragile food supply and worsening hunger among the poor, the U.N. World Food Programme (WFP) said...

Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP

by Anastasia Moloney | @anastasiabogota | Thomson Reuters Foundation
Tuesday, 18 June 2013 05:01 GMT

“The National Meteorology Office (ONAMET) actually benefited because the authorities and key sectors like agriculture and water paid more attention to us,” said Juana Sille, an expert on drought, which was a major problem in the Caribbean and Central America in 2015.

It is an ill wind that blows no man good.