Rigging the 2016 Presidential Election

william.scherk

22 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

There are no fractional votes.  Either round up or round down.

Bob,

This has been explained before, but I'll explain it again.

On the display, there are no fractional votes.

But inside the program, the part that is not displayed, there are. The rounding out is displayed but not calculated.

That, plus deleting original ballot image logs, is the key to using the voting machines in a corrupt manner.

Michael

On 11/1/2016 at 9:16 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ha!

The states that have a history of monkey-business are suing Alex Jones and Roger Jones to try to impede exit polling.

(btw - The sound is poor in places, but understandable.)

Crap, meet fan.

:)

Michael

Watch this video to understand that even if Illery "wins" she's going to lose. America might be governed by criminals but she is way too much to swallow. Nixon won 49 states and he was gone and out in 18 months--just Watergate. Illery has like a dozen things burbling to the surface. I'd like her to win only to watch her drawn and quartered starting when the Electoral College meets. If she looses her crap will be lost in the noise of a completely new Administration coming on line. Her winning will put all the corruption--including mainstream media corruption--on front and center display as President Clinton twists in the wind until she's completely down and out. I want her to lose, however, just for the voters' bitch-slapping her and the media and the pollsters and the ruling elite and because we need at least a half-assed President out of the gate for national security purposes.

--Brant

Karl Rove just sent to my inbox: Many in the liberal media are dead-set on electing Hillary Clinton AND a Democrat Senate majority. Consciously or unconsciously, they will do whatever it takes to help Democrats win. end quote

You are too kind, Karl. Within the last 20 years, no liberal newscaster is operating with an unconscious bias. It is not only conscious but it is coordinated “new speak” like in the totalitarian dystopias in “Animal Farm” and “1984.” I think it is despicable if a person is described as a reporter or a newscaster but all they spew is propaganda. I truly think they are evil, not for their own political beliefs but because they are consciously and gleefully following the orders of their masters.

Brant wrote: Her winning will put all the corruption--including mainstream media corruption--on front and center display as President Clinton twists in the wind until she's completely down and out. I want her to lose, however, just for her bitch-slapping and because we need at least a half-ass President for national security purposes. end quote

Cruel mon, cruel. You drank all the rum, laddy. I canna top that. It would be worse than Watergate because few Republicans liked Richard Millhouse Nixen. So, they held their tongues, and their smiles until he was gone. But the true believers amongst the Demoncrats think she is hot shit, second only to Obama.  It would be a battle. And Watergate was never an ideological battle, just some sad misdemeanors lied about.  It is probably one of the first hacked scandals. Now, with the internet, phone cameras, and computers we may start having them all the time. And like in that Jim Carrey movie, “Liar Liar,” politicians may be required to only speak the truth. Imagine that.

They are going to sue Roger Stone and Donald Trump? If he loses or wins, I don't want to see Mr. Trump angry. 

Peter      

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bob,

This has been explained before, but I'll explain it again.

On the display, there are no fractional votes.

But inside the program, the part that is not displayed, there are. The rounding out is displayed but not calculated.

That, plus deleting original ballot image logs, is the key to using the voting machines in a corrupt manner.

Michael

The fractional quantity is not the vote per se (i.e. what is put forth by the voter)  but a computational  quantity indicating the size of a set of votes). Voters cast votes.  Votes are not fractional.  The total of votes which legally determines an election is an integral number of votes.

Please forgive me for carrying this out but I am a stickler for mathematical correctness and legal correctness.  

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Votes are not fractional.  The total of votes which legally determines an election is an integral number of votes.

Please forgive me for carrying this out but I am a stickler for mathematical correctness and legal correctness.

Bob,

Correct.

The machine cannot falsify the number of people who vote. And you are imagining that the input and output numbers will be the same. Why? Because there will be fraud filters. Also, there will be fraud filters that that will not allow the voting machine to swap votes. Obvious. Up to here, absolutely correct.

But suppose internally the program weighted the input vote of Candidate A at 0.2 and Candidate B at 1.8, and 10 people voted. (Bad guys, hackers, would do this phony weighting and it would be illegal. :) ) Of those 10, imagine 5 voted for Candidate A and 5 voted for Candidate B. The output would obviously show that 10 people voted. That's what the input showed. And the internal filters that do not allow one vote to be swapped for another would be satisfied--the machine would show the filters that 5 people voted for Candidate A and 5 for Candidate B. 

However, the weights are different per candidate. So the final output score would be 1 vote for Candidate A and 9 votes for Candidate B. Why? Because to the machine, 5 input votes for Candidate A = 1 output score, which it also calls a vote. Input weight per vote is 0.2. (The same process holds for Candidate B getting an output score of 9.)

Now for the tricky part, which is after the voting is done. The original ballot logs must be destroyed and the weight reset to 1 input for 1 output. That way nobody can claim fraud. After that, even the most rigorous checks will show 10 people showed up to vote, the machine scored their input 1 to 1 (even though it didn't since the machine had been running this virus program) and it outputted the results it outputted.

However, if someone smells a rat and original ballot logs exist, ballot calculations can be run again or the ballots can even be checked manually. If these logs do not exist, everyone has to trust the machine worked properly. That's why a lot of people, according to Bev Harris, disable the ballot image feature (this has to be done machine by machine before the voting starts). That way they don't need to destroy the logs since they are not even made. 

Is that clear now?

But wait!

There's more!

With modern computer virus technology, it's a piece of cake to write a self-destructing program. That way a physical person doesn't have to show up after all the ballots are cast to reset the machine. If nobody is looking for this sucker, nobody will find it. Especially after it deletes itself.

Note, this magic can only take place because--in the voting machine's default coding--the field where the input votes are recorded allows decimals (like a money cell on a spreadsheet). If the cell properties are reset to only allow whole numbers, the entire process blows up and the machine has to act honestly (at least for this process).

I haven't run through William's long diatribe yet. I will. So far I've looked for a simple explanation before diving in to see what the main objection was other than he thinks Bev Harris is a crank, but clear concise summary is not one of his strong talents. :) 

So I will have to dive in once I get past my own internal boredom filters for blah blah blah and try to figure out what the hell he's talking about.

Michael

What is a "ballot image" -- and why should you demand file copies of retained ballot images from the local body responsible for elections in your area? 

A "ballot image" is an image of a scanned, filled-out ballot.  In many optical-reader systems, as with a home OCR program, the 'ballot image' is a half-way place.  A further programmed routine (as in the case of OCR) takes a digitized image and interprets what information is inscribed within it.

So, your darkened black oval on a paper ballot is scanned for its information, for its data.  Precinct, ballot ID, race, and your choices.

In the latest posting at Black Box voting, we are given some background on how Bev Harris understands ballot images, and are given some brief indications of how to follow through locally.  More explicit and detail instructions at a second site tell you how to check your locality for the presence of a few types of machines -- through the tools at the site VerifiedVoting.org.

The types of machines are, again, optical ballot scanners + tabulators. As explained, "if your town uses any kind of Election Systems & Software (ES&S) voting system, such as the "DS200," a "DS850," you have ballot images created as paper ballots are fed into the machine.  You also have them if your town uses the "ImageCast Precinct" from Dominion Systems."

Here is some information straight from Verified Voting. I chose as location criteria any state in my own 'swing state' list: Nevada, Florida, New Hampshire, Colorado. I think we have one or two OL members from Nevada. (a touch of emphasis added)

Election Systems and Software (ES&S) DS200

DS200-banner.jpgThe ES&S DS200 is a precinct-based, voter-activated paper ballot counter and vote tabulator.  The DS200 possesses a 12” LCD touch screen, which is used to provide voters with feedback, such as an overvote warning. When the polls close, the ES&S DS200 prints out the voter logs so election officials can have a paper tally. Like the Hart Intercivic eScan, the Dominion ImageCast and the Premier/Diebold OSX, the DS200 captures digitized images of all ballots scanned. This allows write-in votes and problematic ballot markings to be processed using the digitized images, so that once the ballots are scanned, they need not be handled except in the event of a recount or audit.

DS200The DS200 is a jurisdiction-wide election tabulation system. The DS200 scanners process single or dual-sided paper ballots for up to 18 Election Day precincts and 1639 Early Voting precincts, permit programming of separate election groups for the procedural processing and storage of provisional ballots separately from Election Day totals for inclusion, after determination of voter validity, automatically prints a Zero report when the polls open, can be configured to automatically print one or more reports (Status, Race Results, Certification or Audit Log,) have a public counter that displays the number of ballots cast, store paper ballots in attached ballot storage bins (key locked ballot boxes), and do not store any ballot data; all ballot data, election totals and optional ballot images are stored on an external USB flash drive which can be transported to a central count location. The Ds200 prevents access to the USB election flash drive via a key locked compartment. It prints reports including: Election Startup, Poll Closing, Diagnostic, Initial State, Audit Log, Zero and Certification and audit logging and reporting; The Ds200 operates on standard or two hour back-up battery power.

[...]

Voting Process:  After receiving your ballot from the election officer, fill in the oval located next to your selection for a candidate or choice of an issue. When you have finished filling in your ballot, you will feed your ballot into the DS200 machine.

As votes are entered, the DS200 stores the vote tallies on its internal memory card. Optional land line and wireless modems are available for the DS200.  When the polls close, the DS200’s internal printer prints out the precinct’s vote report on paper.

Common ballot problems occur when voters vote for too many candidates in one race or when voters cast their ballots in the wrong precinct. Make sure you read your ballot carefully and understand how many candidates to vote for.

If you have a question, please ask a Poll Worker. If you make a mistake on your ballot, return it to a Poll Worker and ask for a new one. You can request up to two replacement ballots. Be sure to double check your ballot for accuracy, as improperly marked votes will not be counted. Once your ballot is scanned and accepted, your vote is final.

There is also a video at VV to orient a voter:

-- in Nevada, there are no optical-scan machines in use that were made by ES&S, but there are a number of Sequoia/Dominion machines, in all 16 counties. I will just include the link to the search page at VV. This is the form that you can use to find out everything to know about the machines in your precinct/county/electoral district:

form2.png

It isn't clear to me how a person would 'process' hundreds of thousands of 'ballot images' for a given locality. For example, in Clark and Washoe counties. Let's say you and I gain access to all the digitized images for one of those counties -- how do we handle these individual images?

The principle is, I suppose, that if we have in hand a hundred thousand or more ballot images, then we can count them up and compare them to 'certified' results, precinct by precinct.  If they don't match, there is a problem somewhere.

If.

Is there any reason to assume going in that the 'certified' totals (from individual tabulating machines) will differ from a hand-counted set of images, or the printed precinct reports fro the machine? I suppose. 

But if the ballots themselves are retained -- the actual hard copy ballots -- what is the point of the ballot images?  What event or events necessitate a close and vigilant eye?  Wouldn't a 'recount' of the paper ballots serve the purpose in an audit situation?

Back to Nevada, more particularly the largest population counties, Clark (Vegas) and Washoe (Reno). What optical-scan machines are in use there? The Optech 400C.

Clark County Sequoia (Dominion) Optech 400C
Washoe County Sequoia (Dominion) Optech 400C

-- sort of a sad and funny remarks out of Reno last night. The state GOP chairman and Donald Trump both pointed to 'after hours' early voting in Clark -- as evidence of some kind of rigging.  I am more inclined to think that early voting numbers were larger than the state and counties provided for. If you were in line at 5 pm, when the polls "closed" -- you still gtt to finish your business at the Voting Center.

In Reno last night, it was charged from the stage that "Certain Groups"  were being favoured by the 'after hours' Voting Center business. Rigginess? Dog whistle hint hint Latinos? Hint hint Hispanics?

I note in passing that the 'ballot image' hoohaw is not a necessary component of the Fraction Magic so beloved by Trumpers.  

On 11/6/2016 at 9:12 AM, william.scherk said:

-- sort of a sad and funny remarks out of Reno last night. The state GOP chairman and Donald Trump both pointed to 'after hours' early voting in Clark -- as evidence of some kind of rigging.

Keeping early voting polls open past closing broke no laws, official says

[...]  Grievances from Trump and Nevada GOP Chairman Michael McDonald arose after several Las Vegas Valley polling locations allowed voters to cast ballots well past the scheduled closing time Friday, the final day of the state’s two-week early voting period.

“It’s being reported that certain key Democratic polling locations in Clark County were kept open for hours and hours beyond closing time to bus and bring Democratic voters in,” Trump said during a campaign rally in Reno on Saturday afternoon. “Folks, it’s a rigged system. It’s a rigged system and we’re going to beat it.”

McDonald, while introducing Trump at the rally, said the polls were kept open “so a certain group could vote.”

“The polls are supposed to close at 7. This was kept open until 10. Yeah, you feel free right now? You think this is a free and easy election? That’s why it’s important,” McDonald said.

The comments appeared to be directed toward the polls at Cardenas Market near Bonanza Road and Lamb Boulevard. The polls there were scheduled to close at 9 p.m., but because of the lengthy line around that time, voters were casting ballots about an hour later.

Closing times for the polls on Friday night ranged between 7 and 9 p.m. depending on the location. But Joe Gloria, Clark County’s voter registrar, said county workers allowed anyone in line to vote, even if they showed up after the scheduled closing time.

“I would be doing a disservice to them if I didn’t allow them to vote during the early voting period. The whole point (of early voting) is to allow more access to voters,” Gloria said. “If they’re in line after the closing time, we process their vote.”

Under Nevada law, there was nothing wrong with that.

State law spells out a minimum time frame for early voting polls to be open, but doesn’t lay out specific closing procedures to follow.

There are, however, specifics for Election Day. By law, polls must close at 7 p.m. Tuesday. People in line then will be allowed to vote, but Gloria said workers at polling locations will go to the end of the lines at 7 p.m. to ensure no one else joins.

McDonald isn’t backing down from his comments.

McDonald said social media posts made before polls closed raised additional questions; he noted that one Democratic candidate posted at 8:47 p.m. Friday that the Cardenas Market location would be open until 10 p.m.

Democratic Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto’s Facebook account posted that information, urging people to go out and vote.

“Here we have a candidate that is quoting on Facebook saying the polls don’t close until 10,” he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal Monday. “How does that person know that?”

Gloria said McDonald and Trump’s complaints were off base. He said what happened Friday night has been the norm in Clark County at least since 1995, when he started working there.

“Nothing we did on Friday night was out of the ordinary,” Gloria said.

A spokeswoman for the Nevada Democratic Party declined to comment on McDonald’s claims.

Ben Botkin contributed to this report. Contact Colton Lochhead at clochhead@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-4683. Follow @ColtonLochhead on Twitter.

Cwwr_X0WgAAGgrn.jpg

Edited by william.scherk
Added an article from the Las Vegas Review Journal; added a page-scan of the Clark Co lawsuit.

Edited by william.scherk

Another nail in the coffin, not as "I told you so," but as food for thought.

Life does not boil down to a media narrative created by insiders.

Pollsters suffer huge embarrassment
By Jonathan Easley
The Hill
November 09, 2016

From the article:

Pollsters and election modelers suffered an industry-shattering embarrassment at the hands of Donald Trump on Tuesday night.

Trump had long said the polls were biased against him. His claims – dismissed and mocked by the experts – turned out to be true.

“It’s going to put the polling industry out of business,” said CNN anchor Jake Tapper. “It’s going to put the voter projection industry out of business.”

I don't think this election will put the prediction industry out of business. There has always been a role for Gypsy soothsayers looking into crystal balls, Tarot card readers, etc., and there always will be.

:evil:  :) 

But the political polling prediction industry will have to make a choice, either make-believe play at predicting or reflect actual data.

And the theme right now is: The revenge of reality.

Ayn Rand once said something to the effect that wishing alone will not change reality, but ignoring reality will destroy the wisher.

That goes for elite manipulators, too.

They are not superior to reality no matter how much they mock those who disagree with them.

Michael

9 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Another nail in the coffin, not as "I told you so," but as food for thought.

Life does not boil down to a media narrative created by insiders.

Pollsters suffer huge embarrassment
By Jonathan Easley
The Hill
November 09, 2016

From the article:

I don't think this election will put the prediction industry out of business. There has always been a role for Gypsy soothsayers looking into crystal balls, Tarot card readers, etc., and there always will be.

:evil:  :) 

But the political polling prediction industry will have to make a choice, either make-believe play at predicting or reflect actual data.

And the theme right now is: The revenge of reality.

Ayn Rand once said something to the effect that wishing alone will not change reality, but ignoring reality will destroy the wisher.

That goes for elite manipulators, too.

They are not superior to reality no matter how much they mock those who disagree with them.

Michael

Somehow I am reminded of the 1948 election.  "Dewey Beats Truman"  said the headline.   And so it goes.

I am gratified to see that the People still rule in the United States.  

The Pundits in Britain (and elsewhere)  did not understand what the BREXIT vote was about.  Many folks on the Left still don't get it.   Now if good sense and decency comes out of the elector victory it will mark a sea change in the course of the United States.   Damn!  Somehow the U.S.  Muddle Through.  It is downright amazing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Updated ...

On 8/2/2016 at 10:41 AM, william.scherk said:

The evidence presented by Mr Trump? Right here ...

• 1 year later...

kobachFail.png

Chris Kobach versus the ACLU

• 3 months later...

1.10Tampering with electronic voting machines

Top Voting Machine Vendor Admits It Installed Remote-Access Software on Systems Sold to States
Remote-access software and modems on election equipment 'is the worst decision for security short of leaving ballot boxes on a Moscow street corner.'

Jeesus H. Christ! My main argument about the credence of Russian Meddling is to ask, how many voter's minds did they change, 5 or 10? Now we must wait to see if there's truth to the voting machine story. Our free press will find the truth. "The truth is out there," as Mulder, or was it Scully said, on every episode of "The X Files."

If this "tampered voting machine" story had truth it would cause "break ins" of the usual network fare, and news conferences. Nancy Pelosi would be shouting, the Russians are coming!   

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

My main argument about the credence of Russian Meddling is to ask, how many voter's minds did they change, 5 or 10?

Did you read the indictments?  The document is a relatively brief 29 pages and may initiate in your mind a different set of questions ...

• 3 weeks later...

Dang. I meant to mark the anniversary ...

GOP Presidential Candidate Donald Trump raises the spectre of a stolen election, a rigged electoral system, a plot or plots to deny him (and the GOP) a rightful victory.  This is not the first time Mr Trump has raised the spectre. 

Doubt == Hate, from a particular point of view.