Hello and so happy to have found this site!

EyeofCassandra

Hello. I have knowingly been an Objectivist for about two years. I have UNknowingly been an Objectivist my entire life. I was amazed when I discovered the works of Ayn Rand and found out I was not alone in the universe. Since then I have been reading every book I can find. I am happy to know there are other people out there who study and believe in the philosophy. It has led me to incredible discoveries!

3 minutes ago, EyeofCassandra said:

Hello. I have knowingly been an Objectivist for about two years. I have UNknowingly been an Objectivist my entire life. I was amazed when I discovered the works of Ayn Rand and found out I was not alone in the universe. Since then I have been reading every book I can find. I am happy to know there are other people out there who study and believe in the philosophy. It has led me to incredible discoveries!

+

Welcome to OL.

Are you a student, business owner, worker?

A...

+++++

["Just a worker"]...  If you are an objectivist you are a trader.  Meaning, always a student, a business owner, and a worker regardless of what your talents are.  As well as a thinker, problem solver, mentor, forward thinker, entrepreneur, producer of capital and a creator of a better future for yourself and your partners.  And a fan of all that makes a human being a truly human being.

13 hours ago, EyeofCassandra said:

I am just a worker

at the moment! But I am also a former student and an aspiring author.

As an author, we have areas on OL that you will find fit your endeavors well.

Also, do you write fiction, or, non-fiction?  

There is also a forum where you can post your work, 

Most of the folks here are critical and some actually are quite mannerly about how the constructive criticism is meted out, lol.

A... 

7 hours ago, Selene said:

As an author, we have areas on OL that you will find fit your endeavors well.

Also, do you write fiction, or, non-fiction?  

There is also a forum where you can post your work, 

Most of the folks here are critical and some actually are quite mannerly about how the constructive criticism is meted out, lol.

A... 

I write fiction but I have also started a blog. (It is in its beginning stages and I have only made one post so far.) I am trying to become more disciplined about writing on a regular basis so I can someday publish my work. 

12 hours ago, Mikee said:

["Just a worker"]...  If you are an objectivist you are a trader.  Meaning, always a student, a business owner, and a worker regardless of what your talents are.  As well as a thinker, problem solver, mentor, forward thinker, entrepreneur, producer of capital and a creator of a better future for yourself and your partners.  And a fan of all that makes a human being a truly human being.

True! I try to keep in mind that I produce and live by my own efforts. That is an accomplishment even if I don't really feel I have done much. 

On 2016/02/22 at 6:02 AM, EyeofCassandra said:

Hello to you too! What you show, that's it exactly, that's the spirit. Not likely, I think, you'll give it up for any thing or to anyone. All the rest? 'simply' maintaining and sustaining, discovering and exploring what you've already found (and leads up to Mike's good thoughts). The best to you Cassandra.