David Bowie Had Passed At 69...

Selene

Sad.....

The legendary musician David Bowie has died at 69, according to his publicist.

His death was reported in posts on Facebook and Twitter, and confirmed by the publicist, Steve Martin, on Monday morning.

Mr. Martin did not provide a cause of death, but a statement on Mr. Bowie’s Facebook page said the singer had died after an 18-month battle with cancer.

The multitalented artist, whose last album, “Blackstar,” was released on Friday — on his birthday — was to be honored with a concert at Carnegie Hall on March 31 featuring the Roots, Cyndi Lauper and the Mountain Goats. He also has a musical, “Lazarus,” running Off Broadway.

Born David Jones on Jan. 8, 1947, in South London, Mr. Bowie rose to fame with “Space Oddity,” in 1969, and a later through his jumpsuit-wearing alter ego Ziggy Stardust. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996.

His last live performance was at a New York charity concert in 2006, according to Reuters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/arts/music/david-bowie-dies-at-69.html?emc=edit_na_20160111&nlid=53564225&ref=headline

Space Oddity and Changes were my favorites, resonated with me the most. I played a lot of his other work in cover bands, but those two were special.

The best thing, to me, about any of his looks or styles was always the one aspect that wasn't intentional, and that was the anisocoria. Beautiful and sometimes quite stunning in the promo imagery.

J

Space Oddity and Changes were my favorites, resonated with me the most. I played a lot of his other work in cover bands, but those two were special.

The best thing, to me, about any of his looks or styles was always the one aspect that wasn't intentional, and that was the anisocoria. Beautiful and sometimes quite stunning in the promo imagery.

J

Anisocoria (IPA: /ænˌaɪsəˈkɔriə/) is a condition characterized by an unequal size of the eyes' pupils. Affecting 20% of the population, it can be an entirely harmless condition or a symptom of more serious medical problems. David Bowie famously exhibited anisocoria, owing to a teenage injury. [1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisocoria

Wow, and I never even noticed - my bad ...

• 2 weeks later...

I was never a fan of Bowie, but I can appreciate his influence on the music industry. He's nothing short of an icon. One of the giants. Sad to see him go. Though he died at 68, he lived enough life to fill 1000 years.

I especially enjoyed his collaborations with Trent Reznor.

tumblr_o0sjn2qbrJ1uyl55io1_1280.jpg