THE DONALD TRUMP SHOW BEGINS AT 9 PM TONIGHT EST

Selene

Since we will all, more than likely, if we watch the SHOW, be watching with an OL global village device and this thread can be an internal blog on the Art of Political Practical Psychology 101.

If it works great.

I expect Donald will be outspoken & to the point. He is, after all, a New Yawker.

-J

It has to be streaming someway Derek

Also, Fox got their big gotcha question right off the bat.

And thankfully Trump stood up and said what he believed.

Excellent.

Get your 3rd party pants on boys and girls.

A...

Rubio very nice - attacked Hillary that is the point boys hit the bitch.

Oh God Bashful speaks...I have to take a nap now,

see even Bashful wants to be Italian.

He also had the line item veto

Thanks for grooving that pitch, Kelly.

Bye bye Mr. Spalding.

Walker - very nice response. Kelly has shown herself to be more of a snake than I thought.

I have lost a lot of respect for her.

A...

Kasiche - excellent response - there is a high choice VP and he was part of the Gingrich revolution.

oops Bashful woke me up with his use of the worth Amnesty...

A...

And I'm Italian and from NJ

And Paul smacked him good.

And back at you Paul

Sorry was away at the Yankee game!! Ellsbury HR 2-1 in the 6th over Boston

that would be the 1st place NY Yankees

Yankees won 2-1.

Chris Wallace is an ignorant man and he surprised me at how stupid he is about the Bankruptcy Law which stems from one of his and his dad's favs FDR.

It was called the Homestead Act...and it is a business and personal tool.

A...

I figure the Jays will pass the Yankees for first somewhere around Sept 15th

They have, I believe 14-17 games head to head and they made serious improvements with Tulewiski and if he stays healthy, it is a possibility.

However, the Yanks seem to have some real magic going. And my Mets are actually competitive in August.

A...

Biggest loser tonight was Evita.

Biggest winner Dr. Carson wins the Gold.

Walker, Kasitch and Huckaabee tie for the Silver

Cruz, Christie and Rubio tie for the Bronze

Honorable mentions Jeb the Bashful and Trump

Sadly the biggest loser was Rand Paul - he was distracted and apparently thinking that making birdlike movements of his arms at the start of every time he spoke and totally blowing it with Trump so badly that I felt sorry for him.

A...

It is about a couple of hours after the debate.

Frankly I didn't think Trump was at his finest. Not bad but not great either.

I saw a lot of pundits do a lot of blah blah blah saying the same thing I felt, but many were really down on Trump.

(Frank Luntz was one of the absolute worst--in full manipulation mode. His focus group was unnaturally inactive compared other focus groups he normally runs--kind of like a bunch of paid stooges this time around. The folks were mostly bland and/or silent except when called on to bash Trump. Then they got passionate. :smile: )

Then, feeling a bit down, I went upstairs to my computer to see Drudge.

Woah... Lookee there. Drudge has a poll running.

I voted. Then I took a screenshot. (Here's the link, but it probably won't work after tonight or maybe tomorrow owing to the name of the URL.)

In fact, I voted twice to see if it was going to be a fair vote, so notice the words, "Thank you, we have already counted your vote" at the top of the screenshot.

08.06.2015-23.47.png

Even on an off day (at least I felt he was off), people are voting that Trump won the debate.

:smile:

Michael

EDIT: Here's what the ballot looks like before voting:

08.07.2015-00.08.png

Even on an off day (at least I felt he was off), people are voting that Trump won the debate.

:smile:

Michael

All Trump had to do in my opinion was to not blow himself up and he did not.

I think he stayed on message and did some counter punching.

Megan Kelly and the lesser Wallace should be ashamed of themselves.

I gave up on sausage boy a long time ago.

I thought the level of discourse was also high level Michael.

A...

I, unfortunately, do not have a cable subscription. I missed the tour du france this year (and last) and I'll miss this debate

Try Fox News online.

--Brant

In order to access the stream on fox online you have to verify your cable subscription

I, unfortunately, do not have a cable subscription. I missed the tour du france this year (and last) and I'll miss this debate

Try Fox News online.

--Brant

In order to access the stream on fox online you have to verify your cable subscription

That must mean the cable companies are paying Fox to carry Fox. Anyway, you saved yourself a lot of boredom. I muted most of it. It makes more sense to read the commentary now than watch mostly nothings trying to be somethings. The already somethings were the two medical doctors--Rand's gotta do something with his hair--and Trump, both of whom Trump trumped. Christie--hair problem too--gotta do something about everything. Trump's hair actually works. That's a wonder. If he ever changes it he better wait until after the election or he'll have no chance. Like I said, his hair's a wonder--a wonder and a nice touch of enhancing mystery. You see, that mild expression of vanity humanizes him enough to make the rest go down--so far. Americans yearn for a human in the White House, subconsciously; it's been so long they're a little consciously confused on that, but many remember Kennedy.

--Brant

Trump's hair actually works. That's a wonder. If he ever changes it he better wait until after the election or he'll have no chance. Like I said, his hair's a wonder--a wonder and a nice touch of enhancing mystery. You see, that mild expression of vanity humanizes him enough to make the rest go down--so far. Americans yearn for a human in the White House, subconsciously; it's been so long they're a little consciously confused on that, but many remember Kennedy.

Brant,

That's the weirdest goddam comment about Trump's hair I ever read.

What makes it weirder is I think it might be true.

:)

Michael

We don't either... and listened to it on the radio. :smile:

Greg

Very important.

How did it, objectively, come across to you both.

Please do not run it through your semantic filter Greg.

This was an important issue in the 1960 debates between Nixon and Kennedy.

We did a number of rhetorical studies that established that the folks who listened to the 1960 debates on the medium of radio thought that one of the participants was the clear winner.

In terms of the arguments offered, what did you both think of the "debate that is a press conference" on the radio?

A...