Trump humor

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ain't that funny?

The entire mainstream media spent two days grandstanding nonstop about shithole and racism and the Trump quote was pure fake news.

:)

Michael

I can hardly wait for the

Fake News Awards

Wed, January 17

Your description is accurate. The country was again distracted from something important, actual news. Both Trump and his opponents cause these distractions at times, to distract and prevent something else’s viral ascent. O’Keefe’s Twitter videos got buried.

We don’t know who got that aide to say that, so who knows, maybe the Trump team was distracting from DOJ execution of more sealed indictments.

The takeaway I get is that the country is under mass media mind control. People are acting likes moths to randomly appearing points of light, infinitely distractable, numb to common sense. If I was wrong, we would see much healthier, stoic, less triggered responses to stupid news items about tough language. This specific stupid shit, his tone and language, has been going on for two years. As I see it more as a public health issue I am starting to feel for the idiots who keep falling for this same old shit, I really want it to stop.

1 hour ago, syrakusos said:

Do you actually regard James O'Keefe as credible?

Michael,

The videos don't lie.

James O'Keefe films actual people saying actual things. Nobody dubs those words in their mouths.

And when companies deny and make excuses, it is never to deny that the people said what they did. Companies often say the person in the video does not represent the entire company and things like that.

In early projects, O'Keefe was criticized for slanted editing, but since then he has normally supplied raw footage for those interested in spending the time watching it as well as the shorter edited stuff for general consumption.

That pretty much solves the credibility problem.

Michael

2 hours ago, syrakusos said:

You guys really live in the echo chamber. I had to google O'Keefe, but I enjoyed reading...  Do you actually regard James O'Keefe as credible?

Of course he is credible, he just records people being themselves.

It looks like you’ve got it backwards, could you the one in an echo chamber welcoming of patent stupidities? One where “everyone knows” his credibility is in question, but no one ever says how or in what way, or how it could ever change what he recorded people saying, approving, explaining, laughing about?

Really, you had to fucking Google James O’Keefe, but I live in an echo chamber? Maybe I don’t understand how you use the term.

trumpWSJ-excerpt.png

_________

Trump, "I know more about wedges than any human being that's ever lived..."  ---  LOL!  :D

Trump, "Sure, you see that a lot with me and then all of a sudden somebody's my best friend.  I could give you 20 examples.  You give me 30.  I'm a very flexible person."  --- Wait, double LOL!!  :D

#verystablegenius

tt_c180118.jpg?resize=807x807

9-jim-morin-miami-herald.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Heh...

From The Daily Mail:

Adam Schiff sent his staff to try and collect 'classified materials for the FBI' after Russian pranksters told him Putin has NAKED blackmail pictures of Trump

And the pranksters uploaded the call to YouTube.

Schiff is jonesen hard for some nekkid pitchures of Presden Trump.

This even hit Real Clear Politics Video: Audio: Russian Comedians Prank Called Rep. Adam Schiff, Promised Him Naked Photos Of Trump

Michael

Talk about some fakey-fake BS, why the hell is Omarosa whispering on TV?

Even the dramatic music isn't helping to take out the fake-staged feel of this.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the WH response:

Your ass is fired!

Four times...

If I know President Trump, though, she'll be back. She's a go-getter and Trump likes that.

Also, when she's on game, she's good for ratings. When she's off game, though, ya' gotta let her go. She makes messes when she gets too comfortable...

Michael

And another guilty pleasure of mine: Jimmy Dore (a flaming progressive) in his comedy show.

The guy's wicked funny, even when he's bashing President Trump & Co. (I don't agree with his criticisms of Trump, of course, but I can't deny they are funny.)

Oddly enough, it's hard to make comedy out of someone like Keith Olberman because he's a walking parody all by himself. Just as a comedy duo needs a straight man, a lampoon needs normal behavior by the target to bounce the zany stuff off of. But Jimmy manages to leave his audience in stitches and makes Olberman not only seem crazier than usual, but sleazy as well.

Michael

The following meme is from anti-Trump folks who think it is a criticism of President Trump's management talent.

02.11.2018-12.21.png

But when you look at it from the following lens, the picture turns into something else.

In short, the people who help someone get elected are great at their jobs. The election proves it. That doesn't mean they are the best at day-to-day governing. Nor are they the most loyal in that new environment.

Idealists and colorful personalities are fantastic warriors, but usually not good administrators.

The President sees that. His critics, though...

They sell his strength and think they have bashed him.

They are the perfect foil in the cultural story wars for a media savvy man like President Trump. They will never be anything more than Hamilton Burger to Trump's Perry Mason.

Michael

Heh. The Obamas are trying to be hip and ethnic. Trying to be just the right degree of kind of shocking and relatively new, even though the styles are about a decade or two old (which is still new in comparison to boring old traditional portraits). It's like if Obama had decided to be a daring trendsetter bucking tradition at his inauguration by wearing MC Hammer's golden suit from two decades earlier. C'ain't tetch dis. I likes big butts. It's da 80s, and I prefer da ladies. Don't mess round wit no Oscar Mayer weinsr.

Already dated. Passé. So last season.