Donald Trump

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Maybe not.

John McCain is a legend in his own time. He's a MAVERICK. He makes HISTORY.

He bucks his side for the GREATER GOOD.

That's the story he tells himself and, from the looks of things, this issue is the MAVERICK's LAST STAND to prove it to himself.

This is the BIG ONE in his mind. People will cuss him today and HISTORY will hold him up as right. The LEGEND goes down shooting as he cries out, "We can do better!"

So he tells himself.

Honestly, with all my study of persuasion, I don't know how to cut through a core story like that in a man so close to the end.

Besides, for a person thirsting for public attention, McCain doesn't have many bullets left in his pistol. Time is running out in his clock.

Hopefully, Roy Moore will be elected in Alabama over the Strange Swamp Creature :) (even though President Trump did come out supporting Strange in a trick play) and this will send shock waves throughout the Senate, both Dem and RINO. Then, it's a good bet  we will get the Obamacare repeal, or we will get it with the new MAGA House and Senate in 2018.

Michael

It reminds me of Fidel Castro , when he was in Batistas prison and wrote " History will absolve me " .

Leaving Cuba politics out of this thread , McCain is on the wrong side of history .

Hail to The King , soon to be King ! 

President Galt .

edit 

President Trump

On 9/23/2017 at 8:54 PM, Brant Gaede said:

Brant,

You know that gushing over President Trump and his UN speech by Jack Wheeler is welcome by me.

:)

I especially liked the ending where Jack Wheeler said:

This speech is beyond magnificent.  In our lifetimes only Ronald Reagan could have matched it.  It causes you to realize that we are truly blessed to have this man at this crucial time in our nation’s history as our president.  We need to be thankful for the blessing.

As a contrast, I keep seeing the following sentiment in the mainstream:

A Divider, Not a Uniter, Trump Widens the Breach

What the NYT doesn't get is that President Trump is uniting productive people like never before. But, there is no uniting with cancer unless one wants to die. One has to fight cancer to live. When the divide-and-conquer elitist cancer was eating the healthy cells of America and cussing all that was good in American culture in the harshest terms, I never saw the NYT clamor about division. Now that actual producers are uniting, the elitist and elitist-owned mainstream press is bitching.

As it should. One cures cancer. One does not unite with it.

Thank God the breach between producers and establishment parasite power-mongers is getting wider.

Michael

Trump is obviously The President of all Americans and very traditional in his values. It is the left that despises the Constitution and Americanism. It is very nice seeing a patriot who can shoot from the hip and hit his target, time after time. No prewritten commentary is used unless for a formal speechifying event, which  makes him the best President since Reagan in my estimation. He trusts his own judgment just as I do in my life. And I am not afraid to speak my mind ever . . . though I understand discretion too.     

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brant,

You know that gushing over President Trump and his UN speech by Jack Wheeler is welcome by me.

I especially liked the ending where Jack Wheeler said:

As a contrast, I keep seeing the following sentiment in the mainstream:

A Divider, Not a Uniter, Trump Widens the Breach

What the NYT doesn't get is that President Trump is uniting productive people like never before. But, there is no uniting with cancer unless one wants to die. One has to fight cancer to live. When the divide-and-conquer elitist cancer was eating the healthy cells of America and cussing all that was good in American culture in the harshest terms, I never saw the NYT clamor about division. Now that actual producers are uniting, the elitist and elitist-owned mainstream press is bitching.

As it should. One cures cancer. One does not unite with it.

Thank God the breach between producers and establishment parasite power-mongers is getting wider.

Michael

Nicely stated.

Heh.

William is griping about President Trump and Puerto Rico on his OL blog (see here) and even locked comments. From his tone about standing up to Trump or whatever, he is really irritated about something...

I wonder if it has to do with the NFL...

:evil: 

Anyway, he locked comments on that post, which means nobody can comment over there. I obviously can, but I prefer to let him do his thing his way.

However, I do want to address his concern that the president might not be doing anything about the hurricane disaster on the island, but instead only focusing on a spat with the NFL.

Actually, President Trump is doing a lot. It's the mainstream press that isn't worried about Puerto Rico and only worried about the NFL. They don't care about actions, they only want a statement or tweet. I mean, if the president doesn't make a statement or tweet about something, they have no news to report, right? :evil: 

Fortunately, the President put together a form of news updates from his administration. The short one below read by pop star Joy Villa says that President Trump declared Puerto Rico a major disaster (unleashing funds) for the distressed island,  is coordinating with FEMA and other agencies to support the victims, and is especially addressing the power outage.

And if you wish to be a bit clever and search for FEMA and Puerto Rico instead of Trump and Puerto Rico, you discover that FEMA is making massive efforts of aid. The local people are issuing statements of gratitude for the federal efforts. Etc., etc., etc. Even a leftie news site like Slate sees it: Puerto Rico Is Getting Short-Term Aid. (No leftie apple comes without a worm, though, so the article also speculates negatively about Trump's long-term aid. :)

I can't recall where, I think it was in President Trump's campaign speech for Luther Strange, but he said there is no way he was going to let the power be off in Puerto Rico for a long time. I don't have a quote though. I'm pretty sure I can find it, but Google right now is so interested in manipulating the search results to only talk about the NFL when you search Trump's name that it will take too much digging to be worth my time and effort.

So it looks like what can be done is being done by President Trump and even more. I hope this news brings some comfort to our dear William. He sounded so worried.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Actually, President Trump is doing a lot. It's the mainstream press that isn't worried about Puerto Rico and only worried about the NFL.

In a few recent tweets, President Trump criticized the decrepit pre-hurricane state of Puerto Rico's power infrastructure and the island's lousy record in paying its bills to lenders.

Some in the mainstream interpreted this to mean the President was kicking victims when they were down. (yawn) But that's not how his mind works. He was making an inspection of the problems to be dealt with and these are massive ones, ones he knows a lot about as a former real estate developer. I have no doubt he will solve them, too--and will use his construction and fix-it skills in dealing with this tragedy to drain some of Puerto Rico's corrupt political swamp.

At any rate, it looks like President Trump will visit Puerto Rico.

From Breitbart:

Donald Trump Plans Puerto Rico Trip on Tuesday in Wake of Hurricane Maria

From the article:

The president told reporters Tuesday that next Tuesday will be the earliest he can visit, due to the extensive storm damage.

“We don’t want to disrupt the relief efforts,” Trump said.

He praised the Puerto Rico response from FEMA and other emergency aid groups, asserting that food, water, and supplies are landing on the island hourly.

“We've worked very, very hard in Puerto Rico,” said Trump, noting that it was more difficult to send aid to an island.

“The island is devastated. … I read this morning, literally destroyed,” he said, recalling that the Category 5 storm hit the island “dead center.”

He thanked officials in Puerto Rico for their response to the storm.

“These are great people, wonderful people. They’re hardy people,” he said. “They’ll be back, but we’re helping them.”

Michael

On 9/22/2017 at 4:04 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Hopefully, Roy Moore will be elected in Alabama over the Strange Swamp Creature :) (even though President Trump did come out supporting Strange in a trick play) and this will send shock waves throughout the Senate, both Dem and RINO. Then, it's a good bet  we will get the Obamacare repeal, or we will get it with the new MAGA House and Senate in 2018.

Well, Roy Moore won.

Get ready for the ride of a lifetime. Like Moore's supporters said, the deal is Trumpism, not Trump the man. Trumpism is what they vote for.

And we now a strong precedent is set and we get to witness major history in the making.

Breitbart is going nuts crowing (see here) and President Trump personally called Roy Moore to congratulate him.

For entertainment value, we also get to watch all the chickenhawk anti-Trump establishment Republicans turn into chickenshit. :)

Guess how many are suddenly going to see deep wisdom in President Trump (over this thing or that thing) they somehow they missed earlier? And they better, too. At least the ones up for reelection in 2018 if they want to keep their seats. As for those who can't, well... Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee, for example, announced his retirement today. He will not seek another term. I bet he will not be the only one.

I saw Dana Perino talking to Karl Rove earlier this evening trying to bolster his morale, but man did he sound sad. Like $30 million pissed down the drain on Luther Strange kind of sad. 

I want to pity him, but I just can't...

Michael

I keep seeing pop up in the press (both alternate and some mainstream) that the Mueller investigation is having difficulty--lots of difficulty--finding a crime with the Trump people. And I keep reading about lots of whispers by insiders that the Mueller staff is frustrated.

What's worse, apparently the Mueller investigation is finding crimes surrounding the Hillary Clinton campaign and her people and doesn't know what to do with them.

If true, it will be hilarious how this plays out.

Michael

This is the most incredible thread in the entire world ! 

Just this page alone , is magnificent .

Kelly saw it first ( MSK ) 

Kelly keeps seeing it first , every tweet ! 

God Bless President Trump , The United States of America and the entire world will benefit from President Galt . All 7 billion . 

For all those beautiful souls .

God bless MSK,

Galt is the President , Trump is The King 

6 minutes ago, Marc said:

This is the most incredible thread in the entire world ! 

Just this page alone , is magnificent .

Kelly saw it first ( MSK ) 

Kelly keeps seeing it first , every tweet ! 

God Bless President Trump , The United States of America and the entire world will benefit from President Galt . All 7 billion . 

For all those beautiful souls .

God bless MSK,

Galt is the President , Trump is The King 

And you are a monarchist.

--Brant

did you even ever read Atlas Shrugged?

15 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

And you are a monarchist.

--Brant

did you even ever read Atlas Shrugged?

I don't know what that means, but I am assuming its a compliment , so God bless you to my man ! 

I do recall reading that novel , yes ? Why do you ask , Sir ?

Even Rand herself predicted this moment in that novel , 

She spoke about draining the swamp , I seem to recall .

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.” 
― Ayn RandAtlas Shrugged

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

I don't know what that means, but I am assuming its a compliment , so God bless you to my man ! 

I do recall reading that novel , yes ? Why do you ask , Sir ?

John Galt was tortured because he refused to rule the county. The torture was to make him change his mind.

--Brant

Just now, Brant Gaede said:

John Galt was tortured because he refused to rule the county. The torture was to make him change his mind.

--Brant

President Galt , has been intellectually tortured because he refused to play their game . That torture was to make him change his mind i.e. as ONE example , The Pledge .

Next ?

Well, President "Galt", aka Trump, has little intellectual gravitas. His torturers have even less. In the 1960s and before as in the 50s, 40s, and 30s they were pretty good at playing the dominant intellectual game, but that evaporated during the Vietnam War protests and has never come back.

--Brant

Trump does draw down on competent people such as his speech writers

My daughter , Dominique - just sent me a picture . It was the tickets that are available for the Hillary Clinton visit to Toronto . 

For 3K , you are guaranteed a picture with Her Majesty . 

In case anyone on this thread wants to come up here , just saying .

Agree to disagree Brant , but I think there are seriously a lot of comparisons to Trump/Galt/Roark .

I think he is a genius . 

Also, I do believe that if you met him , and had a long talk with him , you would be surprised that his personal persona may be different to his public persona . 

He is working the crowd, he is pure brilliance and John Galt and Howard Roark were characters and we would agree  on Rands brilliance , I believe. 

Trump has that genius , street smarts ,  and a hell of a lot of moxie ! 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:02 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Get ready for the ride of a lifetime. Like Moore's supporters said, the deal is Trumpism, not Trump the man. Trumpism is what they vote for.

And we now a strong precedent is set and we get to witness major history in the making.

Elsewhere on OL, someone is not amused.

William wrote there:

It made me wonder just what qualities and policies an Objectivish person might celebrate in the Republican candidate for the December 12 special Senate election.

Then he listed a bill of quotes from Roy Moore that had nothing to do with Objectivism.

William said something "made him wonder," but did it? Wonder, I mean. Truly wonder.

Nah... From the quotes he chose, it looks an awful lot like it made him disapprove, not wonder.

:evil:  :) 

This is a perfect example of how invisible Trump people are to folks who live and govern their lives inside a certain kind of narrative. They think this is a religious war--and only that--because many Trump supporters are Christian.

Well, President Obama is a Christian, or so he said often when he was in power. So how does that work? Are Moore kind of Christians welcome among Obama kind of Christians or not? It doesn't sound like it. I mean, according to the narrative that results in this Trump supporter invisibility thing, the fundamental philosophical issue is Christianity, right? 

:evil: 

And therein lies the invisibility--in that contradiction.

Anyway, if Roy Moore gets excessive in his religious beliefs in exercising power and goes against the Constitution, he will fall like he did before. (I doubt that will happen, but who knows?) And, in that unlikely event, Trump supporters will not shed a tear.

Meanwhile, Moore was elected because his political principles (which mostly align with Trumpism) are not for sale to ruling class elitists. And that is the real issue. He's not corruptible, thus he is useless as a power tool by the establishment elitists. In fact, he's a threat to their hold on power. His loyalty is to producers, not ruling class power-mongers.

Let's frame this from a collectivist perspective, shall we? Let's see if this framing will be understood by the more left-leaning folks.

Politics-wise, this election was not a religious war, but a class struggle of freedom-loving producers against a technocratic busybody elite. What this means is that the freedom-loving producers want to let individuals make their own decisions about what to do and what to think (and believe) in their lives, and technocratic busybody elitists claim to know what is best for everybody and want to impose this "best" by covert manipulation and force through a massive central government that (surprise surprise :) ) they want to run.

Well, if they want such power, which they had but did not manage to keep, they have to take their case to the invisible people who vote. Technocratic busybody elitists hate that--they absolutely hate it--because they don't think the invisible people should exist. Especially not as equals under the law to the awe-inspiring them.

Michael