Donald Trump

6 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Being that Trump didn't write The Art of the Deal, rather Trump was the subject of the book and it was written by Tony Schwartz...

I read the book and it was written by narration because it sounds exactly like Donald Trump talks. That's something a busy man would do who doesn't have the time. He delegated that tedious job to someone else.

Greg

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

Especially if one ignores all of his business accomplishments, or chalks them up to blind luck.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

I wouldn't say they are blind luck, Trump's second handing takes a certain kind of effort

:evil::P

11 hours ago, moralist said:

I read the book and it was written by narration because it sounds exactly like Donald Trump talks. That's something a busy man would do who doesn't have the time. He delegated that tedious job to someone else.

Greg

A great ghost writer will seamlessly mimic others, and Trump only hires "the best and the brightest"  :)

28 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

A great ghost writer will seamlessly mimic others, and Trump only hires "the best and the brightest"  :)

In effect, Trump has hired someone to mimic Trump.

3 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

I still believe the information was narrated because Trump would want first person control over the content...

...but I can also understand the unwillingness to give him any credit.

Greg

16 hours ago, moralist said:

Greg

Greg,

Tony Schwartz is a trip. There's a whole other side to him than the honorable virtuous ghostwriter. He got a measure of fame co-writing The Art of the Deal that he has never been able to replicate since. And, believe me, he is crazy-anxious to replicate it.

Oh, he got a small bump with self-help guru Jim Loehr, but nothing like the center of the hurricane that Trump does. He couldn't even make a thing with Eisner of Disney work correctly.

During the election, the mainstream press put him on all the shows because he bashed Trump and off he went imagining he had struck gold again. But it was fool's gold and off he goes into the mist of obscurity again.

It might be interesting for critics to ask why Trump went on to write one best-seller after another with a string of co-authors, but Tony Schwartz kinda bottomed out. (But don't hold your breath waiting for them to ask this. :) )

So where's the real talent?

Sorry, Charlie, Tony the Tuna is Charlie the Tuna's fishy soulmate. Only the best goes into the limelight and stays there...

:)

btw - There's another story about why he stopped writing for Trump and it has nothing to do with a sudden attack of moral superiority. It seems like he got greedy and Trump got someone else... As in "Your fired!" :) 

Michael

On February 2, 2017 at 9:58 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

Trump is an intuitive business man,  but he has little grasp of science and technology.  My guess is that Trump is a scientific ignoramus.  He probably would not know a differential equation if it came up and bit him in the ass.  Some people have a primordial and intuitive genius for Doing the Deal.  I think Trump is one of those.

He became President with his little grasp of science and technology . Won the election on social media 

40 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Sorry, Charlie, Tony the Tuna is Charlie the Tuna's fishy soulmate. Only the best goes into the limelight and stays there...

One of the communist sympathizers at the New Yorker tried to squeeze the truth out of Tony the Tuna:

THE POLITICAL SCENE  JULY 25, 2016 ISSUE

Donald Trump's Ghostwriter Tells All

“The Art of the Deal” made America see Trump as a charmer with an unfailing knack for business. Tony Schwartz helped create that myth—and regrets it.

Schwartz is a commie symp himself, but there is some fine and poignant writing and an interesting thesis. 

Starting in late 1985, Schwartz spent eighteen months with Trump—camping out in his office, joining him on his helicopter, tagging along at meetings, and spending weekends with him at his Manhattan apartment and his Florida estate. During that period, Schwartz felt, he had got to know him better than almost anyone else outside the Trump family. Until Schwartz posted the tweet, though, he had not spoken publicly about Trump for decades.

There will be various take-away lessons from reading it, some of which should involve thinking about the craft (or hackwork) of ghostwriting+, some of which should involve thinking about Schwartz's observations. Seeing as he and Trump agreed a strategy of 'job shadowing' Trump, to the point of listening in on his business and PR calls ... it pays to listen to both of the men involved in getting that book to market. They spent hundreds of hours adjacent, one watching, listening, observant, recording but not as stenographer to the other.

The cut Schwartz negotiated for his work-shadow was not beans. He demanded and got 50%.  Which probably paid for his kids' college and a New York townhouse before he went full commie, turned on Trump, and began to donate his 50% to commie charities.  "He never lived up to his promise, Schwartz. Sad. The equivalent of a meth head compared to the titanic achievements of real men like, er, other ghostwriters and hacks."

Five bucks to OL for the best quote from the lengthy CommSym article.

(TL;DR -- short attention span necessitated a creative approach to capturing Trump -- in the context of an ''autobiographical" business triumph book. Ghost writer now second-author, had second thoughts, kept a diary, remembers much if not well, tries to tell of Fable-making nuts and bolts, along with insights and regrets. If you peel six layers of partisan hate onion from his insights and observations, what do you get?)

To a purist, Schwartz is unkind to the man he worked with hand-in-glove. That he disavows some of the fable he constructed means betrayal. So there might not be an opening to his I-Was-There-You-Were-Not opinions on the President's character.  It is then best to impugn Schwartz's.

Plus, and most convincingly, he hasn't had a NYT bestseller on the charts for twenty months and translated into 28 languages since 2003

Loser.

On January 28, 2017 at 0:28 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I forgot to mention that on the American side, the Dow Jones is raging strong.

Must be because the traders haven't heard about the 20% thing yet.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

Silicon Valley has 50 tech IPO deals this year so far , Wall St is going to explode on the upside . 

Bulllllllllllllll

Market 

6 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

To a purist, Schwartz is unkind to the man he worked with hand-in-glove. That he disavows some of the fable he constructed means betrayal. So there might not be an opening to his I-Was-There-You-Were-Not opinions on the President's character.

William,

Actually, the biggest fable Tony Schwartz ever created was that he created Trump (fable) and not the other way around (reality)--that is, Trump created him.

Schwartz knows this all the way down, too. He would not be a celebrity without Trump. He didn't have what it takes to do it on his own. That truth is the wound he's been trying to deny ever since he got a taste for the limelight and it just won't heal. Look at his career since and you see it all over his work.

:) 

Michael

18 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Plus, and most convincingly, he hasn't had a NYT bestseller on the charts for twenty months and translated into 28 languages since 2003

Loser.

William,

I like Jim Loehr. He's the real bestseller (albeit his success is tiny compared to Trump), that is unless Schwartz tries to create another fable--that he's responsible for Loehr, too.

Tony Schwartz is an OK writer and a great suck-up to the rich and powerful. That's his real talent. He knows it and I believe it keeps him up at night.

Don't believe me, though. Look at his career. His solo book (What Really Matters: Searching for Wisdom in America) bombed. What little it did sell was the afterglow of The Art of the Deal, not anything based on the merits of the book or him as a guru. 

Schwartz needs the light of another to shine since he has very little light of his own. He has the wisdom of the parasite or the hired help.

Michael

The 9th Circuit just ruled against Trump.

This is not good, but it's not President Trump who will suffer.

I hope I'm wrong, but here goes my prediction. I believe there will be some terror attacks coming from terrorists who enter the country under this decision. The Americans who die in those attacks and their families will be the ones who will bear the cost.

It's pretty obvious (to me and many experts, although I'm not one of them) that the Supreme Court will rule in favor of Trump. Once that happens, if a terror attack occurs around that time, the population will be spitting red-eyed furious with the 9th Circuit and even with that so-called judge who started it. And how will that fury manifest itself? Congress will review and redo the entire judicial system (see here for a very plausible outcome). The people will demand it and the members of Congress will not have the fortitude to stand up to their furious constituents.

It won't be good for the liberal benches.

My greatest fear, though, is that this will consolidate an enormous amount of unexpected assumed power into the hands of President Trump. A windfall, so to speak. I am pretty sure he will not abuse that power (but who knows?--power does tend to corrupt).

But what of those who come after him? They will have that extra power, too. What will they do with it?

Michael

On 2017-02-02 at 7:58 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

My guess is that Trump is a scientific ignoramus.  He probably would not know a differential equation if it came up and bit him in the ass.

I will pretend I'm an aspie. A differential equation is not an animal and can't bite someone in the ass.

45 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The 9th Circuit just ruled against Trump.

This is not good, but it's not President Trump who will suffer.

I hope I'm wrong, but here goes my prediction. I believe there will be some terror attacks coming from terrorists who enter the country under this decision. The Americans who die in those attacks and their families will be the ones who will bear the cost.

It's pretty obvious (to me and many experts, although I'm not one of them) that the Supreme Court will rule in favor of Trump. Once that happens, if a terror attack occurs around that time, the population will be spitting red-eyed furious with the 9th Circuit and even with that so-called judge who started it. And how will that fury manifest itself? Congress will review and redo the entire judicial system (see here for a very plausible outcome). The people will demand it and the members of Congress will not have the fortitude to stand up to their furious constituents.

It won't be good for the liberal benches.

My greatest fear, though, is that this will consolidate an enormous amount of unexpected assumed power into the hands of President Trump. A windfall, so to speak. I am pretty sure he will not abuse that power (but who knows?--power does tend to corrupt).

But what of those who come after him? They will have that extra power, too. What will they do with it?

Michael

The 9th gets more decisions overturned than an overturned turnip truck dumps turnips.

--Brant

21 minutes ago, jts said:

I will pretend I'm an aspie. A differential equation is not an animal and can't bite someone in the ass.

If a differential equation had teeth (it doesn't)  Trump would not recognize it if it bit him in the ass.

On 2/2/2017 at 7:58 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

Trump is an intuitive business man,  but he has little grasp of science and technology.  My guess is that Trump is a scientific ignoramus.  He probably would not know a differential equation if it came up and bit him in the ass.  Some people have a primordial and intuitive genius for Doing the Deal.  I think Trump is one of those.

Math is a tool of science and technology. Math does not a scientist make and there is doubt the greatest scientist of his century--for a period of about ten years--Benjamin Franklin--knew much math.

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Math is a tool of science and technology. Math does not a scientist make and there is doubt the greatest scientist of his century--for a period of about ten years--Benjamin Franklin--knew much math.

Mathematics made the modern theories of gravitation and quantum theory possible.  No math. No theory.  Franklin worked during the infancy of the physical sciences,  Part of his lifetime intersected that of Isaac Newton who invented mathematical physics.  Franklin died a little more than one hundred years after Newton published Principia Mathematica.   Since the time of Franklin all of the physical sciences have become  very abstract.  Even chemistry. You can't do chemistry w.o. calculating orbitals which are approximations to the solution of Schoedinger's Equation.  Thermodynamics is an exercise in the statistical estimation of thermodynamic states.  Math is more than a tool of physical science.  It is the intellectual and mental infrastructure of physical science.  It is totally essential for the physical sciences. 

Baali Hai wrote, “Mathematics made the modern theories of gravitation and quantum theory possible.”

Tonight’s Big Bang Theory was about that very thing.

And now to our show. Thank you. Thank you. Welcome to the Graham Norton Show on the BBC. I have noticed that President Trump glows when his wife is around, but she is away too often. I guess his son Baron needs to complete school in NYNY, so Melania stays at Trump Towers with him packing his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for school. Do Trump Towers and the Taj Mahal sound similar? With Melania, it’s more than just swinging Donald's wicket. It’s something psychological.

What the Yankee’s Prez said today, somewhat contradicting his O’Reilly interview, was kind of funny. He said that HE would have a tax reduction plan in two or three weeks and the stock mark shot up one minute later. But he also noted that the Senate and the Congress would need to fiddle with it and who knows how long that will take? Still, the last I heard the NYSE went up 104 points. And did you hear what Disney made in one quarter? Ten Billion Dollars! How can those fantasy driven visionaries make one RIGHT decision after another? Alas, the stock is up so I may not buy any Diz until 2018.

On tonight’s show we have Matt Damon, Madonna, and Taylor Swift. Ms. Swift is already donning her roller derby gear to duke it out with those two, predictable Hollywood liberals. Stick around for the fun!

55 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Mathematics made the modern theories of gravitation and quantum theory possible.  No math. No theory.  Franklin worked during the infancy of the physical sciences,  Part of his lifetime intersected that of Isaac Newton who invented mathematical physics.  Franklin died a little more than one hundred years after Newton published Principia Mathematica.   Since the time of Franklin all of the physical sciences have become  very abstract.  Even chemistry. You can't do chemistry w.o. calculating orbitals which are approximations to the solution of Schoedinger's Equation.  Thermodynamics is an exercise in the statistical estimation of thermodynamic states.  Math is more than a tool of physical science.  It is the intellectual and mental infrastructure of physical science.  It is totally essential for the physical sciences. 

Thank you for embellishing my statement and doing it so well.

--Brant