beyond ayn rand blog

Ellen Stuttle

I will ban that person, if xxxxxxxxxxxxxx replies to me by saying that she does not know any of these people. And you can restrict me, Michael, all you want, since I know that it is meaningless to seek alliance with you or your forum members. This forum goes the same way as OO for me.

I will ban that person, if xxxxxxxxxxxxxx replies to me by saying that she does not know any of these people. And you can restrict me, Michael, all you want, since I know that it is meaningless to seek alliance with you or your forum members. This forum goes the same way as OO for me.

Nah.

You're not banned.

But I will filter your posts for awhile.

I xxxxxxxxxx'd out the person's name.

Michael

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Sometimes communication cannot solve a problem.

What happened to incommensurability?

Just so OL readers get me, I'm doing this because of vanity keyword searches. People often do a Google search of their names and pseudonyms.

If a regular member here on OL mentions one of the names of the crazy person, I don't mind so much, even though the name might appear in Google SERPS. The regular member already knows who that person is and will write in a dismissive manner. Or banter. The crazy person is not that interested because of accumulated past history.

When someone new shows up defending this crazy person as an honest intellectual, that might encourage said neurotic creep to start a new sockpuppet account and start all over.

I'm not eternal to keep swatting that particular fly. God knows I've swatted it enough. So I stop the buzzing before it starts.

Now let's see if Ilya continues with his martyr in the name of truth routine. (Man, do I get tired of this shit. :smile: )

Michael

What happened to incommensurability?

All that matters is to try to prevent incommensurability, and I've tried as much as I could. Our incommensurability is not so extreme, however. It is probably of a pragmatic variety.

Just so OL readers get me, I'm doing this because of vanity keyword searches. People often do a Google search of their names and pseudonyms.

If a regular member here on OL mentions one of the names of the crazy person, I don't mind so much, even though the name might appear in Google SERPS. The regular member already knows who that person is and will write in a dismissive manner. Or banter. The crazy person is not that interested because of accumulated past history.

When someone new shows up defending this crazy person as an honest intellectual, that might encourage said neurotic creep to start a new sockpuppet account and start all over.

I'm not eternal to keep swatting that particular fly. God knows I've swatted it enough. So I stop the buzzing before it starts.

Now let's see if Ilya continues with his martyr in the name of truth routine. (Man, do I get tired of this shit. :smile: )

Michael

That's very funny, Michael, especially considering that I've mentioned a real person who could help identify the fraud. But you don't get my pragmatics and see only what you want to see, not my actual words. Oh well.

I just saw this and let it through.

There goes more time in my life I wasted and will never get back.

Come on, dude.

Let's talk about something else, something that provides value to OL readers (and me and you).

Try trading values for a change.

You might like the experience...

Michael

No problem, Michael. I've banned the evil person from my blog. It's over. I am continuing to post there, and I know that everything now is going to be all right.

• 5 weeks later...

Here is an enlightening post, which proves that all of you have been correct.

Ilstar,

That guy can sure talk crap, can't he?

I made the mistake of reading your link. Everything he writes, even when he writes "the" and "and," comes with a subtext--look at how smart he is and how stupid everyone else is. This subtext oozes out of his words like the contagious fluid from poison ivy blisters. And he can namedrop and mischaracterize ideas with technical names to prove it.

:smile:

btw - I've released the restriction on your posting. Now, please, let's not discuss this troubled needy individual anymore. Thanks.

Michael