Images

Kat

Here is how you can put images in your posts.

1 - Find or upload your image up to the web.

2 - Right click and select properties

3 - Copy url from the image's properties

4 - Go to the post editing window and paste in that url

5 - Select the url and click the image button (image.gif) to link to the image.

[img=http://www.barbarabranden.com/images/photos/photo-saki.jpg]

photo-saki.jpg

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

b415.jpg?grIPssDBLtxSHvPl

Yes, it works!

BTW, this is my cat!

Later: Hey! my cat has disappeared!

I see that the address has been changed, with the new address the picture appears again, but why does the address change spontaneously? Is that while I have added other pictures?

Still later:

Now this one won't disappear, I hope...

floris3c.jpg

I cobbled this together from two pretty decent photographs taken at Nathaniel's house in Beverly Hills in 2000. It's pretty funny thinking of me being NB's kid and Bill Dwyer being JH's. Oh my god.... :lol: Best 2 all, REB

P.S. -- After the "disaster" of re-addressing URLs at the Yahoo photo site, I am now replacing the un-cropped photo with Kat's cropped version, both of which are still in my Yahoo photo folder. Kat, if you want to delete your followup post ("Like Father, Like Son"), it's no longer necessary, and thanks! reb

5ac1.jpg?grA4wsDB91PohJEj

Well, it seems like a good idea at the time....

Apparently anytime an image is added to the photos on the Yahoo site the url for all the photos change and the links no longer work. That really sucks. I tried to fix what I could. Saki, Barbara's kat did not change because it was not from the Yahoo photo albums. I know that there are free image hosting sites out there, but I don't know the urls. Images are a lot of fun and its too bad that the Yahoo thing isn't working like we wanted it to. :(

Kat

Thanks so much for the tip, Dragonfly. I signed up for the basic free account to start out. It looks like just what we need and it seems rather user friendly. We just need to keep those image sizes fairly small and keep it clean.

I will post the user name and password in the Yahoo Group to protect from prying eyes :shock:

Kat

Well it looks like the images finally stuck. I agree that if you use a lot of images or are building your own site, it is best to have your own account. The group account is for convenience so people who occasionally share images with this group have a place to upload them so they won't disappear from the posts.

There are now more smilies for your enjoyment. Use sparingly. If you have any suggestions let me know.

kat

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about BBCode and I don't know if anyone here is familiar enough with it to answer. I posted my meeting notice up and it is too honking big! In HTML you can size images with tags like width and that is what I did on the other forum. It doesn't work here and I tried to figure it out last night using a bunch of different combinations. Is it a limitation of BBCode or is there a secret code. Also, HTML does not seem to work here even when I have the "Disable HTML" unchecked.

Kat

Event.jpg

Hi Dragonfly,

I have a club that meets monthly in Chicago. I posted a jpg notice over in Events. You can maybe try the sizing with your picture of the yellow cat a couple of posts up and clue me in on the tags. I would also like to make graphics link to another site. btw - when are you going to show us your site? I really like your work.

Thanks,

Kat

Thanks Dragonfly. I wanted to size it about that much, but I was wondering if there was a way to do it from the original image I uploaded. Your image was not from the same source and also lost some of its original clarity. HTML has a fairly easy way of sizing, and I am trying to figure out how to do the same thing in BBCode. I know I could have easily sized it in Photoshop, but if I did, I would either need to post a second version of the image or it would be affected on the other forum. Do you know if there is a reference book or cheatsheet out there on BBCode or a comparison between HTML and BBCode? I am also wondering about i-frames, linking within images and other geekly delights.

Kat

Looking at that code was pretty scary stuff, looked like major scripting. I was having horrible javascript flashbacks, but I'm no fraidy kat. I found a little nugget of code

[img width= height=]resized_image_url_here[/img]

Lets see if it works

[img width=500p]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/objectivistliving/Event.jpg

Dayaammm! I still can't get it to work. Now I know why I became a chart monkey instead of a code monkey. I'll have to tinker with it later, when my kid can show me how simple it all is. #-o

Kat

• 2 weeks later...