Peikoff qua "intellectual heir"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually Ayn Rand's intellectual heir....

It all happened late one evening in 1981, while I was driving from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. I found a disheveled and dirty woman lying on the side of Highway 95, approximately 150 miles from Vegas. The woman, who spoke with a Russian accent, asked for a ride, so I told her I would drop her off at the Sands Hotel. During the ride, she identified herself as Ayn Rand.

We had a long talk on the way to Vegas, during which I converted Miss Rand to anarchism. She was so dazzled with my arguments that she proclaimed me her intellectual heir. Miss Rand said she would give written confirmation to "that spineless sycophant Peikoff," but, as I expected, Peikoff has refused to release the documentary proof. He probably destroyed it out of envy.

Ghs

George,

After telling you how impressed she was with your arguments, did she by any chance mention anything about your sworn silence for having found her disheveled and dirty and lying on the side of the road?

Could be she had an ulterior motive for appointing you her intellectual heir.

Just a thought. Hope I didn't burst your bubble.

Aside from GHS's highly plausible "Melvin & Howard" scenario sounding the best so far (or at least the most cinematic), let's not forget the factor that nobody's mentioned thus far: copyrights.

They're clearly the foundation of what is making Peikoff so confident as to his Popery. He can quash anything beyond "fair use," and a great deal that's within fair use, if sufficiently pissed off (such as suppressing a rock band's naming itself "Atlas Shrugged").

Does Kira Peikoff, soon, become the "intellectual heir"? She'll get the "intellectual property," which in the case of Atlas, for example, runs until at least 2052. Unless Congress, for this purpose a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, extends the copyright terms yet again.

Unless Congress, for this purpose a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, extends the copyright terms yet again.

Uh oh, you must have missed the memo: DO NOT MESS WITH THE MOUSE!

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:221275" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e01-the-ring">The Ring</a></b><br/>Get More: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s13e01-the-ring">more...</a></p></div></div>

It all happened late one evening in 1981, while I was driving from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. I found a disheveled and dirty woman lying on the side of Highway 95, approximately 150 miles from Vegas. The woman, who spoke with a Russian accent, asked for a ride, so I told her I would drop her off at the Sands Hotel. During the ride, she identified herself as Ayn Rand.

We had a long talk on the way to Vegas, during which I converted Miss Rand to anarchism. She was so dazzled with my arguments that she proclaimed me her intellectual heir. Miss Rand said she would give written confirmation to "that spineless sycophant Peikoff," but, as I expected, Peikoff has refused to release the documentary proof. He probably destroyed it out of envy.

Ghs

George,

After telling you how impressed she was with your arguments, did she by any chance mention anything about your sworn silence for having found her disheveled and dirty and lying on the side of the road?

When I asked Miss Rand what happened, she said she fell off a train and had to crawl to a highway. She added that no one would believe this story, so there was no point in asking me to keep it secret. Miss Rand was probably right.

Ghs (ARIH)

Ghs

George,

When I asked Miss Rand what happened, she said she fell off a train and had to crawl to a highway. She added that no one would believe this story, so there was no point in asking me to keep it secret. Miss Rand was probably right.

Ghs (ARIH)

What a piker. You could have found Howard Hughes.

--Brant

Ghs (ARIH)

I gave Miss Rand a ride in 1981, five years after the death of Howard Hughes. Therefore, if Miss Rand had told me she was Howard Hughes, I would not have believed her.

Ghs

Ghs (ARIH)

I gave Miss Rand a ride in 1981, five years after the death of Howard Hughes. Therefore, if Miss Rand had told me she was Howard Hughes, I would not have believed her.

Ghs

You were not very proactive on this one, George.

--Brant

Ghs (ARIH)

Ghs

--Brant

True. One can only milk a parody for so long before it dries up. :sleep:

Ghs

Ghs (ARIH)

Ghs

--Brant

True. One can only milk a parody for so long before it dries up. :sleep:

Ghs

I didn't know that. Thanks for nothing.

--Brant

It would make for a good episode of "To Tell the Truth." "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir." "No, I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir." "Actually, I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

"Intellectual heir number two, how come you pronounced 'Ayn' as if it rhymes with 'pane,' while the other two claimants pronounce her first name as if it rhymes with 'pine'?"

"Intellectual heir number three, was the ceremony of your being anointed _the_ intellectual heir videotaped; and if so, where is the video now?"

"Intellectual heir number one, how frequently must you as i.h. expel persons from Official Objectivism as a means of countering reasonable criticism in order to maintain your credentials as Rand's intellectual heir? And is 'intellectual' the right word for that procedure? Also, why are other advocates of 'reason as the only absolute' willing to play along with this?"

"Intellectual heir number three, what is the definition of 'table'...."

Starbuckle,

LOL...

Or how about a YouTube campaign like the "I am John Galt" one they did for the AS movie?

First we get a typical college kid saying, "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

Then a harried housewife: "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

Then a business executive: "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

Then a Native American chieftan in full regalia: "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

Then a hippie-looking libertarian in the middle of OWS: "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

Then a blue-collar worker smudged with black grease: "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

Then a couple walking their dog in the park: "We are Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

Then Peikoff with voice-over and images of him at bug-eyed the end of the O'Reilly's interview: "This is Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

Then Ms. Hsieh in front of her bookcase, first glancing quickly at the camera, then furtively down to the left as she reads off the prompter and says, vulnerably: "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir."

:smile:

Michael

It was exactly this scene from Kubrick's Spartacus that popped into my mind this morning, after reviewing this thread.

I'm Randicus?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Someone with dubbing capabilities should insert "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir!" into this classic scene. :laugh:

Too many syllables. It won't fit. Good idea though.

I think you fools should consider what happened to all those Spartacusicans.

Coward. Not burning to die for your convictions? What we need are some Objectivist Circumcellions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcellions

They condemned property and slavery, and advocated canceling debts and freeing slaves

Ahh, you mean OWS crowd!

Someone with dubbing capabilities should insert "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir!" into this classic scene. :laugh:

Coward. Not burning to die for your convictions? What we need are some Objectivist Circumcellions.

http://en.wikipedia..../Circumcellions

Not for ARI, no siree!

--Brant

instead of "I am Ayn Rand's intellectual heir," we should all stand up and say, "I am Ayn Rand!"

(we can get dresses from the Salvation Army store)

http://en.wikipedia..../Circumcellions

"Spartacusians?" 1) Didn't they all end up in a Soviet ballet troupe performing Khachaturian's Spartacus ballet? Great music, though. Excellent example of "Soviet Realism."

2) We probably shouldn't push this analogy from the real Spartacus. It might be something that the more zealous Leftists would like to apply to us.

"Circumcellions?" Never heard of them. But after reading the piece in Wikipedia, it's too bad that their tactics were not adopted by the Church. Could have saved the world from a heap of trouble.