• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RagJohn

RagJohn

$$$

• Limited to 5 posts a day
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

I certainly agreed with most of what I heard. I suppose that I must read his books, but I also thought I'd ask here, since you all seem to be quite a knowledgable and reasonable group of thinkers. I have to ask, also, what it is about Libertarianism that Objectivists object to so strongly? I haven't read much of it, but it seems to me to be on track, politically, at least.

Edited by RagJohn, 12 December 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#2 Reidy

Reidy

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,487 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, cooking, music, philosophy

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

You mean Boortz?

#3 Ninth Doctor

Ninth Doctor

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 3,969 posts
  • Interests:Fiction authors: Umberto Eco, P.G. Wodehouse, Thomas Pynchon, Douglas Adams, Robert Heinlein

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

Maybe he means Peter Schwartz? Not in 2006 though. Why's this in the David Kelley Corner?
Prandium gratis non est

#4 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 19,507 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

I Googled his name briefly and from an article I saw, I think Neil Borsh is a conservative radio show host. But I'm not sure without more looking.

Some links would have been helpful.

Michael

Know thyself...

#5 RagJohn

RagJohn

$$$

• 114 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Sorry, I thought I was still on the "chewing" forum. I haven't a clue how to post a link, nor have I checked out the Net for Boortz's site, if he has one. I just figured most here would have heard of him. He's been on talk radio longer than Rush, and has some very insightful commentary. All the other hosts just parrot Rush, with rare exceptions.

#6 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,768 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

Sorry, I thought I was still on the "chewing" forum. I haven't a clue how to post a link, nor have I checked out the Net for Boortz's site, if he has one. I just figured most here would have heard of him. He's been on talk radio longer than Rush, and has some very insightful commentary. All the other hosts just parrot Rush, with rare exceptions.

John:

You copy and paste the URL which appears as an underlined link, hopefully.

http://boortz.com/

Out of Atlanta and started in 1969.

You make a lot of assumptions about OL don't you?

Adam

Edited by Selene, 23 December 2010 - 10:33 PM.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#7 RagJohn

RagJohn

$$$

• 114 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:44 AM

copy-paste is not an option on the PCs to which I have access. In a few months, that will change. Thank you for the tip, tho.

#8 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 19,507 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

copy-paste is not an option on the PCs to which I have access. In a few months, that will change...

RagJohn,

Good Lord!

I've never heard of this.

Are you posting from prison or something?

(I have you right in the middle of Oklahoma City on my IP checks), but I haven't looked further.)

EDIT: My son just informed me that a Wii lets you write on a forum or wikl, but not copy-paste. Are you using a Wii?

Michael

Know thyself...

#9 RagJohn

RagJohn

$$$

• 114 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

It's a library PC, Mike, to which I have nearly 24-7 access, thru a buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Nightingale-Conant