Ron Paul predicts 15-yr depression, dollar crash in 1-4 yrs

RidleyReport

New projections from Ron Paul as his prominence in the mainstream media continues to increase.

You can digg it at

http://digg.com/business_finance/Ron_Paul_...rash_in_1_4_yrs

How can we have a dollar crash and a depression at the same time. During a depression many people are unemployed and prices of goods and services will fall. A dollar should go a longer way in this case.

It sounds like Master Ron wants to remonitize gold.

If we go back to gold and full fraction banking (no fractional banking) how does our money supply expand as production and services increase. Where will the money capital come from?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Why stop there, lets go back to bartering.

Full bore bartering is now impossible because of the vast number of different goods and services offered. If we tried to barter then one or a few commodities would emerge as universal trading commodities and would be the equivalent of money. Think of SKUs (SKU = store keeper's unit, a unique identifier of the types of goods for sale. If the number of SKUs is n, then there are n(n-1)/2 possible trading transactions. With a single trade commodity there are n trades possible. If the trade commodity is not perishable and bulky it will be store in some safe repository and a claim ticket will be issued so the deposit or its equivalent can be retrieved. What shall we call these claim tickets? I know! Let's call them money.

Ba'al Chatzaf

New projections from Ron Paul as his prominence in the mainstream media continues to increase.

You can digg it at

http://digg.com/business_finance/Ron_Paul_...rash_in_1_4_yrs

How can we have a dollar crash and a depression at the same time. During a depression many people are unemployed and prices of goods and services will fall. A dollar should go a longer way in this case.

It sounds like Master Ron wants to remonitize gold.

If we go back to gold and full fraction banking (no fractional banking) how does our money supply expand as production and services increase. Where will the money capital come from?

Ba'al Chatzaf

et al,

The hyperinflation is already in the works as a result of the fact that Obama and cohorts, Geithner and Bernanke are printing up enough paper currency which will be the equivalent to multiplying the former money supply by fifteen times!

The depression is already in the works in the form of exacerbation of the government created crisis in the banking sector, the insurance sector, the housing sector, the auto sector with ramifications in virtually all other realms which depend on those. Sales are suffering which result in reduced orders as inventories stagnate, layoffs continue to climb with resultant decrease in demand for goods and many services as laid off workers economize and cut back on their purchases to enable them to meet primary payments of rent and food and mortgage.

So an inflationary depression will be experienced in the next few years and it will be prolonged because the govt will be in the hands of statists who will seize the opportunity to expand their powers the exercise of which will interfere with any recovery. The statists will increase taxation and regulations as they will blame the crisis on the marketplace rather than acknowledge the states role in causing the crisis in the first place.

Hopefully more and more people this time will learn the truth in time to elect wiser heads as more of us come to appreciate that the free market is best, sound money is best, non intervention is best, limited government is best and adhering to the principles of the Constitution is best.

www.campaignforliberty.com 25Mar 5PM 128385, 6PM 128418, 8PM 128495,

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Full bore bartering is now impossible because of the vast number of different goods and services offered. If we tried to barter then one or a few commodities would emerge as universal trading commodities and would be the equivalent of money. Think of SKUs (SKU = store keeper's unit, a unique identifier of the types of goods for sale. If the number of SKUs is n, then there are n(n-1)/2 possible trading transactions. With a single trade commodity there are n trades possible. If the trade commodity is not perishable and bulky it will be store in some safe repository and a claim ticket will be issued so the deposit or its equivalent can be retrieved. What shall we call these claim tickets? I know! Let's call them money.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You knew I was joking, right? My point is that just because we have irresponsible (unsane a la Korzybski) people in charge of our institutions doesn't mean we should throw out the institutions. But I could be wrong, maybe we should.

You knew I was joking, right? My point is that just because we have irresponsible (unsane a la Korzybski) people in charge of our institutions doesn't mean we should throw out the institutions. But I could be wrong, maybe we should.

Wrong. I am genetically incapable of telling when people are joking unless they hang a sign out saying "I am joking". Then I know how to process their input. I am an Aspie. I was born literal minded.

Ba'al Chatzaf