#61 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,052 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Andrew,

It's been a while. Good to see you.

Your idea is so tempting... so damn tempting...

:)

I won't rule it out, but I find it very, very remote. It would make one hell of an intriguing book--fiction or nonfiction.

If that's in your veins, I say go for it.

Michael

Know thyself...

#62 Ninth Doctor

Ninth Doctor

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 3,992 posts
  • Interests:Fiction authors: Umberto Eco, P.G. Wodehouse, Thomas Pynchon, Douglas Adams, Robert Heinlein

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

I think this is as good a place as any to put this. Brook says he thinks Christopher Hitchens was "honest". Hitchens of course was a Marxist, and continued to identify himself as such all the way to the end. One of the major points of contention in the Fact and Value vs. Truth and Toleration imbroglio was over whether academic Marxists can be honest. Hitchens taught journalism at a University, I forget which one, but suffice to say he was an "academic". So now we have academic, Marxist, and honest all together in one package, per an Orthodox Objectivist...

http://www.peikoff.c...ectivist-cause/

Is it time at last to start calling for Brook's excommunication? How much deviation are we going to have to stand for? As Dean Wormer once said: the time has come for someone to put his foot down, and that foot is me.
Prandium gratis non est

#63 william.scherk

william.scherk

William Scott Scherk

• Members
  • 1,978 posts
  • Interests:Fringe beliefs, pseudoscience, pseudophilosophy, fringe psychology, moral panics, cognitive neuroscience, Dusty Springfield, anthropology, evolutionary psychology, satanic ritual abuse/recovered memory therapy controversy, True Believers, cult dynamics, urban planning, 80s music, urban transportation, Grand Guignol, snarkiness . . .

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

I think this is as good a place as any to put this. Brook says he thinks Christopher Hitchens was "honest". Hitchens of course was a Marxist, and continued to identify himself as such all the way to the end. One of the major points of contention in the Fact and Value vs. Truth and Toleration imbroglio was over whether academic Marxists can be honest. Hitchens taught journalism at a University, I forget which one, but suffice to say he was an "academic". So now we have academic, Marxist, and honest all together in one package, per an Orthodox Objectivist...

According to The Los Angeles Times, Hitchens  ...  also taught as a visiting
professor at the University of California, Berkeley, the University of
Pittsburgh and the New School of Social Research.

No doubt a helluva professor. I can only imagine the night classes. Clink.

Is it time at last to start calling for Brook's excommunication? How much deviation are we going to have to stand for? As Dean Wormer once said: the time has come for someone to put his foot down, and that foot is me.

That foot is indeed you. You have crossed the Is and dotted the Ts and I think the machinery of excommunication can be primed and oiled, ready for a trial ...

Edited by william.scherk, 19 February 2013 - 03:23 AM.

WSS on OL: Friends and Foes(blog) "The Google People"(video) Emotion BOFF: Jonathan
I haunt Twitter @wsscherk see also Facebook Youtube Soundcloud Syria Comment; Banned on SOLO
2013 Wikipedia pick Cognitive Biases | Dream Wet Lunch with Carol & Brant Phil Coates & Christopher Hitchens | Mood low to mid 50s | Weather Dire | Meyers-Briggs Indicator: Priestess

Book of the Year: A Tale of Two Metropolitan Statistical Areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users