The Passion of James Valliant's Criticism, Part V

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#121 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

$$$$$$

• VIP
  • 3,582 posts
  • Interests:psychological theory, self-esteem, classical music, jazz, blues, music history

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

Rich,

More irrelevant, stylistically exhausted repetition from Mr. Perigo is now on view here:

http://www.solopassi...2#comment-71730

Robert Campbell

#122 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,472 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

Robert,

Your description nailed that one. There is not a single thing worth quoting in that drivel.

Michael

Know thyself...

#123 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,472 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo is now scraping the bottom of the intellectual barrel and showing how bullies act when they are thoroughly discredited.

It is so self-explanatory that none of Robert's posts are needed to give context. Just look at this thing:

Spot the Diiference
Submitted by Lindsay Perigo on Fri, 2009-05-29 01:57.

Prof. Campbell whines:

I asked Mr. Perigo a simple question.
Who forwarded Barbara Branden's email of May 16 to him, with the appended comment, "This, from a complaint by a 'B. Branden.'"?

To which I say, mind your own fucking business.

Posted Image

I have a question of my own: on the left is the skanky professor, who wages Jihad against Ayn Rand and heroism. On the right is Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who wages Jihad against America. Were they by any chance separated at birth?

This is all Perigo has left.

The mockery of bullying.

He has no answers because he is lying.

Perigo abandoned reason long ago, but he is usually cunning enough to keep up appearances. Here he gave up all pretense at being rational and showed the world the real evidence he has for accusing Barbara Branden of soliciting James Valliant's ban at Wikipedia: "... mind your own fucking business."

And he presents a mocking image comparison of the questioner to a terrorist in an attempt to shock and change the subject.

In other words, the question stings and he has no evidence. Or if he has something, it makes him look like a total fool.

This man, Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo, is the man who wants to tell others how to live and what to think in the name of Ayn Rand, but behold how he lives. Behold his thinking, "... mind your own fucking business."

This man, Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo, claims he burns with rational fire in his gut and something called value swoon in his heart. Well behold the rational fire. Behold the value whatsamajigger.

This man, Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo, dreams of being a fearless Objectivist leader, a savior of mankind. Well behold... er... there is nothing to behold...

If only he had some talent left, he might have pulled this ruse off. The Objectivist world is notoriously quick to turn the other cheek with accusation junkies and give them a pass.

Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo knows this. He counts on it. He trades in it.

Even so, can anyone imagine Ayn Rand writing trash like Perigo's post quoted above?

Michael

Know thyself...

#124 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,000 posts
  • Interests:All kinds of stuff

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

All I asked for was the reference, not self destruction.

--Brant

Rational Individualist, Rational self-interest, Individual Rights--limited government libertarian heavily influenced by Objectivism

#125 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,472 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

From the horse's mouth:

I don't publish folks' private e-mails, but supported Diana's right to do so...

Has anyone ever heard of a right to publish private emails?

Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo preaches such a right by his own admission.

This is Objectivism?

Michael

Know thyself...

#126 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

From the horse's mouth:

I don't publish folks' private e-mails, but supported Diana's right to do so...

Has anyone ever heard of a right to publish private emails?

Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo preaches such a right by his own admission.

This is Objectivism?

Michael

If you had quoted the whole sentence you'd have revealed him as a self-described pragmatist, which in his case is still implicit grandiosity.

That's some tar baby Perigo has latched onto. He keeps saying nasty things about Barbara as if they were life preservers. I hope Barbara forgives me for not wanting him--on one level--to stop that; it says nothing about her and everything about him. Contra, that SOLOP thread is like wrestling in a cesspool. I hope I don't feel the need to post on it again--or anywhere else on that site.

--Brant

Rational Individualist, Rational self-interest, Individual Rights--limited government libertarian heavily influenced by Objectivism

#127 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,472 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

Brant,

I have no problem with quoting a greater portion. Just because this dude claimed that the need of one person creates a right to the property of another, I don't see how this watered down that he preaches the right to publish private emails:

No embarrassment, Skanky Professor ...

.... just honor. I don't publish folks' private e-mails, but supported Diana's right to do so since it was the only way to expose Sciabarra's mendacity and back-stabbing.

For Perigo, Diana Hsieh's alleged need created the right for her to dispose of Chris Sciabarra's property as she saw fit. That is how he is now preaching individual rights, and he preaches this as Objectivism.

Now let me ask you if the following continuation is another reading problem or another lie (my bold).

Your mistress and pin-up smears, lies and blackballs, with your active support. Don't you talk about honor. You're scum.

Here you demand that I publish private e-mails ... and then say I'm hiding something when I don't.

Uhm... that's not right. Here is what Rober Campbell "demanded" of Perigo (speaking in the third person):

Mr. Perigo, Quit Insulting the Intelligence of Your Readers

Mr. Perigo needs to quit insulting the intelligence of his readers.

He needs to name the one who said, "This, from a complaint by a 'B. Branden.'"

"Name the one" who wrote an email that was used as a source to make an accusation is not the same thing as "publish private e-mails."

Any child knows that. But Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo thinks he can fool his readers, like always.

Michael

Know thyself...

#128 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

Gee, Michael, I didn't say or mean to imply you watered anything down. What I said had nothing to do with emails regardless. You really do seem to read too much too fast. It's understandable considering how much gets written here. It irritates me sometimes so I give you feedback like this. It's no big deal unless I let things accumulate. I let nothing accumulate.

If it's not right to publish private correspondence in a book without its author's permission, I doubt if it's okay to do it on the Internet. I can't figure out, however, if there is legal and philosophical--qua Objectivism--congruence and I am not exactly familiar with the apropos laws.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede, 29 May 2009 - 01:59 PM.

#129 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,472 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

Brant,

I didn't even notice that my post could have implied criticism of you.

Maybe my writing is not clear. My target is another.

:)

(btw - That's a quip...)

I'm just sick and tired of this dude always getting a pass whenever he accuses others of crap and does worse himself. So I'm on his case a little.

Hell, I don't even expect to convince anyone in O-Land. After the shouting dies down, I expect many who are silent now will be yacking up a storm with Perigo as if he were some kind of intellectual of merit and has not constantly promoted irrational malice (and even bigotry), all the while pissing all over everything Ayn Rand ever stood for. He talks the Objectivist jargon and that gets him by.

But OL gets crawled regularly by search engine spiders. Although I do not do SEO yet for the site, I do notice the bots around all the time. And when I peek at the stats, I see that OL has well over 4,000 pages indexed in Google.

This means that OL appears in the search results. If, for instance, you Google the following search terms:

solopassion
chris sciabarra diana hsieh
chris sciabarra lindsay perigo
objectivist liar

and so forth, you will find OL on the first page of Google's results. Type one in and you will see. There are oodles and oodles of more terms.

So newcomers who seek information certainly have it.

Wait until I start applying what I have learned...

(btw - I know I am behind in my IM course.)

Michael

Know thyself...

#130 Neil Parille

Neil Parille

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:History Philosophy Theology Literature

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Mr. Perigo is at the "doth protest too much" phase.

-Neil Parille

#131 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,472 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

Back to topic for a second. I just came across this:

Wikipedia to Church of Scientology: You’re Banned!
by Ben Parr
May 29th, 2009
Mashable

From the article:

According to The Register, Wikipedia (Wikipedia reviews) has banned multiple IP addresses related to the Church of Scientology for extreme, one-sided editing...

For a moment I thought I was reading about...

Hmmmmmmmm...

Nah...

Michael

Know thyself...

#132 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,472 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

I am in stitches about something that went on at SLOP right now between Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo and a younger member of his flock who threatens to stray by checking facts. It is a perfect example of bullying, so much so that I am going to give it in play format.

The sins of the wayward lamb are twofold: (1) he is not accepting Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo on faith and is starting to show signs that he believes facts are objective, and (2) he has challenged Objectivist Liar Lindsay Perigo's authority over him. This last is a sin only if a person is an insider, a member of the tribe's inner circle. (This is typical of tribal thinking.)

The posts start here. I offer my apologies to Mr. Gregster for inadvertently including him in this. Despite some rather hostile declarations he has aimed in this direction, I have no quarrel with him.

Here goes, and I quote verbatim. Perigo starts by making reference to Robert Campbell. LDS is one of Perigo's campy-sounding acronyms that he always tries to float to see if it catches on. It means "Linz Derangement Syndrome."

OBJECTIVIST LIAR LINDSAY PERIGO: (to another poster) He has LDS too. There's a lot of it about.

GREGSTER: (to another poster) The Prof. has provided a bit of evidence for me to go over. Some worthwhile too.

OBJECTIVIST LIAR LINDSAY PERIGO: Oh Jesus Gregster. You too? What evidence is "worthwhile"? How could you think that? Hope you're happy in your betrayal of all things decent. Sign up with O-Lying. It's made for you. Ugh!

GREGSTER: I wouldn't go that far. It's interesting that reprints have left references to the Brandens out, edit: though understandable. No betrayal, just independent investigation. Come on Linz, less paranoia.

OBJECTIVIST LIAR LINDSAY PERIGO: Oh Gawd! If you've followed these debates, you'll know no one has been a greater opponent of airbrushing by Randroids than I. On that matter I am opposed to and have been opposed by James Valliant, Casey Fahy, Diana Hsieh and Galt knows who else. They march in lock-step to emotionally repressed, Randroid commands. But that doesn't validate the Brandroids. For fuck's sake, Greg, just look at the Brandroids' conduct re my invitation to speak at TAS!! Brandroids put Randroids to shame in the fascism stakes! What more do you need??!! You already know the answer. So again I say, sign up with O-Lying, marry Robert Skankbell. You deserve each other.

GREGSTER: Airbrushing nonsense. I've read all of the PARC threads and SOLO, and some SOLOHQ, from recent years only. Prior to that I was overseas and unaware of the site. (Linz - That's pleasing to hear your opposition to the airbrushing. Marry him? - I hardly know him.) The post below is the one I referred to earlier as an example for the Prof.

(gives example)

OBJECTIVIST LIAR LINDSAY PERIGO: Greg. You've seen what Babs wrote about me, no? You know me well enough to know it's crap, no? You know Campbell supports Babs's smears, no? So why do you ascribe an ounce of credibility to him about anything?

GREGSTER: Of course her exaggerated lowlife smears and falsities I've read. The credibility is not to the Prof. but to some of the information he pointed to.

OBJECTIVIST LIAR LINDSAY PERIGO: As I say ... Enjoy yourself wallowing in the sewer of falsehood. You deserve it.

GREGSTER: Oftentimes some shit must be waded through to get to the truth. I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree over my wallowing in the sewer of falsehood.

OBJECTIVIST LIAR LINDSAY PERIGO: Cut the crap. I expected better of you. Giving Campbell a blow-job? Please!

This speaks for itself. If you make it up, people say you are exaggerating.

Michael

Know thyself...

#133 Michelle R

Michelle R

$$$$$

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:I don't like long walks on the beach. I hate sunny days. Picnics are overrated.<br />I do, however, enjoy a good discussion. And a good book as well.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

:lol: If someone did turn Galt's Gulch into a reality, it would tear itself apart with all of the bickering and in-fighting going on.
"After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with colour, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn't it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked -- as I am surprisingly often -- why I bother to get up in the mornings. To put it the other way round, isn't it sad to go to your grave without ever wondering why you were born? Who, with such a thought, would not spring from bed, eager to resume discovering the world and rejoicing to be a part of it?"
-- Richard Dawkins

#134 Michelle R

Michelle R

$$$$$

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:I don't like long walks on the beach. I hate sunny days. Picnics are overrated.<br />I do, however, enjoy a good discussion. And a good book as well.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

Back to topic for a second. I just came across this:

Wikipedia to Church of Scientology: You’re Banned!
by Ben Parr
May 29th, 2009
Mashable

From the article:

According to The Register, Wikipedia (Wikipedia reviews) has banned multiple IP addresses related to the Church of Scientology for extreme, one-sided editing...

For a moment I thought I was reading about...

Hmmmmmmmm...

Nah...

Michael

Good. The CoS is a criminal organization.
Not like banning a few accounts will do anything, but it is nice to see Wikipedia taking a stand against the Church's bullying.

Edited by Michelle R, 30 May 2009 - 10:01 AM.

"After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with colour, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn't it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked -- as I am surprisingly often -- why I bother to get up in the mornings. To put it the other way round, isn't it sad to go to your grave without ever wondering why you were born? Who, with such a thought, would not spring from bed, eager to resume discovering the world and rejoicing to be a part of it?"
-- Richard Dawkins

#135 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

$$$$$$

• VIP
  • 3,582 posts
  • Interests:psychological theory, self-esteem, classical music, jazz, blues, music history

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

Michael,

When you lay them out like that, Mr. Perigo's exchanges with Gregster make quite a script.

Robert Campbell

#136 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

$$$$$$

• VIP
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:05 AM

It looks as though Jim Valliant has kept his most important sponsor.

I was amazed, on checking my inbox a few minutes ago, to find an email from Leonard Peikoff. I have never emailed Dr. Peikoff and was, as you might imagine, not expecting to hear from him.

The email is addressed to Jimmy Wales. Of course, it asks him to reverse the recent editorial decision to treat Mr. Valliant's book as an "unreliable source" at Wikipedia.

I'll quote one sentence:

My understanding, which may not be correct, is that one of the instigators of your new policy is Barbara Branden, one of the two persons identified in the Valliant book, with substantial corroborating evidence, as hostile to Ayn Rand.

The overall tone is authentically Peikovian.

Robert Campbell

#137 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,166 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

:lol: If someone did turn Galt's Gulch into a reality, it would tear itself apart with all of the bickering and in-fighting going on.

Yes Michelle, but it would be done profitably and efficiently! :super:

Damn, I am sooo glad I missed these internecine wars!

Adam
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#138 Michelle R

Michelle R

$$$$$

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

Yes Michelle, but it would be done profitably and efficiently! :super:

Damn, I am sooo glad I missed these internecine wars!

Adam

I'm trying to remember that Dr. Seuss book where the two sides were fighting over some absolutely ludicrous thing, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

Edited by Michelle R, 30 May 2009 - 11:57 AM.

-- Richard Dawkins

#139 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,472 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

Robert,

I wonder if Mr. Peikoff is being ingenious or being misled about the accusation that Barbara solicited the exclusion of PARC from Wikipedia.

I shall guess at the result.

Mr. Wales will have the issue decided by Wikipedia's editors based on Wikipedia's TOS, as he does with all other issues.

Michael

Know thyself...

#140 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

$$$$$$

• VIP
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

I'm trying to remember that Dr. Seuss book where the two sides were fighting over some absolutely ludicrous thing, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

Michelle R,

The Sneetches.

It was one of my daughter's favorites, when she was around 4.

"Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches
Had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches
Had none upon thars."

Robert C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users