MOM

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 BaalChatzaf

BaalChatzaf

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 11,397 posts
  • Location:Currently residing in New Jersey, the Bad-a-Bing State.
  • Interests:mathematics, physics, alternative energy sources.

I am also involved in preparing recorded books for blind and dyslexic folks.

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

In the generation ahead of me I still have my mother's sister and father's brother. Makes you pause and think. Your perspective keeps changing as you get older. Older people buffer you from the reality of your own mortality. At least the only dementia was my mother's and her mother on either side of my long-lived families and my mother got hers ten years older than her mother did. I'm genetically programmed to live into my 90s mentally sharp, which doesn't mean I will; shit happens. I mean when there is no apparent male-pattern baldness in any of my relatives and ancestors to speak of and I could use a toupee made from a bear skin . . . --well, its more vegetables and less meat. Uck.

Indeed. I am a pater familia. No one between me and the Brink. I am next over the edge or my wife.,

So it goes. Since it is inevitable I don't worry about it.

Ba'al Chatzaf
אויב מיין באָבע האט בייצים זי וואָלט זיין מיין זיידע

#22 daunce lynam

daunce lynam

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 8,038 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, what else is there?

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

In the generation ahead of me I still have my mother's sister and father's brother. Makes you pause and think. Your perspective keeps changing as you get older. Older people buffer you from the reality of your own mortality. At least the only dementia was my mother's and her mother on either side of my long-lived families and my mother got hers ten years older than her mother did. I'm genetically programmed to live into my 90s mentally sharp, which doesn't mean I will; shit happens. I mean when there is no apparent male-pattern baldness in any of my relatives and ancestors to speak of and I could use a toupee made from a bear skin . . . --well, its more vegetables and less meat. Uck.

Indeed. I am a pater familia. No one between me and the Brink. I am next over the edge or my wife.,

So it goes. Since it is inevitable I don't worry about it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

it's interesting isn't it. I have a whackload of thriving aunts, but I cannot bear the thought of their dying, I would no longer be me in my proper place in the family/world. At my mother's funeral, my darling aunt Charlotte said to me, sobbing, ,"You poor child!"She remembered me being a child, and her brother and sister-in-law whom she had so loved. It was the only time I cried,myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users