#61 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,028 posts
  • Interests:All kinds of stuff

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

Hello, I'm seventeen.

More importantly, is everyone alive in this neck-of-the-woods?

Inky grew up. The teenagers on OL usually leave when they leave for college, which is totally understandable.

--Brant

Rational Individualist, Rational self-interest, Individual Rights--limited government libertarian heavily influenced by Objectivism

#62 Areopagitican

Areopagitican

$$

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Blogging

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

Makes sense, the reason I'm here is because I have a urge to express and read more than my school provides. A true college cannot possibly be so inadequate.
Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.
- John Milton

#63 Alex the Amused

Alex the Amused
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Economics, History, Psychology, Analyzing History and Culture, Essays, Creative Writing, Classical Music, Classic Rock, Reading, Coffee, Good Tea, Video Games, D&D, Warhammer 40k, Nerdy Jokes, and Humor in general.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

G'day. The name's Alexander. 17, Gilbert, Arizona. Became an Objectivist about half a year ago from a combination of The Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged, online lectures, The Virtue of Selfishness, a friend of mine, and a few economic sites and articles.
"Pirates are more honest than government. When a pirate plunders you, he doesn't patronize you by claiming it's for the 'greater good'."

#64 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,183 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:24 AM

Welcome Alex:

Great place to ask questions and make statements.

Adam
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#65 vaguelyhumanoid

vaguelyhumanoid
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

I'm 14 (one of the youngest people here!). I'm not really an Objectivist, but I'm interested in it.

#66 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,183 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

I'm 14 (one of the youngest people here!). I'm not really an Objectivist, but I'm interested in it.

Jackie:

Have you read any of Ayn's books?

Adam
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#67 J.S. McGowan

J.S. McGowan

$

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Reading, Sailing, art and thinking.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hey just joined OL. Names Jacob. Im 17. I live in South Africa. Iv never actually met another objectivist so i thought joining a forum was the next best thing.
"Converting" people to Objectivism is proving second too impossible here :-(
I feel bad for asking (because i dont want to sound like an born again evangelist :-P) : but how does one go about opening other people up to objectivist ideas?
When I speak about my views in class i get rolling of the eyes and general bad looks from my peers (especially in the history class)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users