66 replies to this topic

#41 Chris Grieb

Chris Grieb

Mr.

• Members
  • 4,327 posts
  • Interests:History of Objectivism, American & World history, movies

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:54 AM

I have the feeling Kori and Jeff are busy with school. Is that true of the rest of you?

#42 John C.

John C.

$

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

Hey guys,

I'm Julian from New Jersey. I go to a pre-med oriented high school, and I want to be a plastic surgeon.

I first read Rand sophomore year. I'm a junior now.

#43 Kori

Kori

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

Howdy, Julian. :D You have a themed high-school? How does that work? Is it private?
"But if you do that you'll be missin' the world, because it doesn't stop turnin' whatever you heard."

#44 Chris Grieb

Chris Grieb

Mr.

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

Kori; Have you been alright?

#45 Kori

Kori

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:08 AM

I've been ok, Chris. Just school and work. How have you been?
"But if you do that you'll be missin' the world, because it doesn't stop turnin' whatever you heard."

#46 Chris Grieb

Chris Grieb

Mr.

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:31 AM

I'm feeling better now that it is Spring. Got to Cato yesterday. We'll go again today and tomorrow.

#47 Kori

Kori

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

Great to hear, Chris. I definitely am feeling better now that it is Spring, too! I always forget how awesome flowers and fresh-cut grass are. It's the kind of weather that makes ya wanna clean out your filthy car. I mean, when I'm cruisin' with the windows down I don't want all my McD's bags flying around whappin' me in the face. :P

Hope you have a wonderful time at Cato. :)

#48 Chris Grieb

Chris Grieb

Mr.

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

Great to hear, Chris. I definitely am feeling better now that it is Spring, too! I always forget how awesome flowers and fresh-cut grass are. It's the kind of weather that makes ya wanna clean out your filthy car. I mean, when I'm cruisin' with the windows down I don't want all my McD's bags flying around whappin' me in the face. :P

Hope you have a wonderful time at Cato. :)

Yesterday was good too.

Gov Sanford was very good. The question period was good too. Worth catching on-line.

#49 John C.

John C.

$

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

Howdy, Julian. :D You have a themed high-school? How does that work? Is it private?

Hi Kori,

Haha, I never thought of it that way. It's public, but I had to test to get in. It's pretty cool. Every year we do different dissections. We watch live surgeries via distance learning. Last year we did hospital rotations and next year we get to intern in a medical profession of our choice. Our curriculum is also more science-oriented, although we get the regular humanities classes.

This is not an endorsement of public schools though. :angel: It's definitely an improvement (I don't think I could have survived at a regular high school), but it is still frustrating at times.

#50 Chris Grieb

Chris Grieb

Mr.

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

Julian; Maybe I missed it but what year are you? Your high school sounds interesting and impressive.

#51 Inky

Inky

$$

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:22 AM

Hi Kori,

Haha, I never thought of it that way. It's public, but I had to test to get in. It's pretty cool. Every year we do different dissections. We watch live surgeries via distance learning. Last year we did hospital rotations and next year we get to intern in a medical profession of our choice. Our curriculum is also more science-oriented, although we get the regular humanities classes.

This is not an endorsement of public schools though. :angel: It's definitely an improvement (I don't think I could have survived at a regular high school), but it is still frustrating at times.

That's so cool! I want to be a medical illustrator, and I'm waiting [im]patiently to learn all the proper anatomical stuff in college.
Anyway, welcome to anyone who's joined up since I was here last, enjoy your stay =)

I'll try showing up a wee bit more often. Oh, and I'm rereading Atlas Shrugged, for the record.

Sayonara!
There was a power outage at a department store yesterday. Twenty people were trapped on the escalators. -- Steven Wright

My roommate got a pet elephant. Then it got lost. It's in the apartment somewhere. -- Steven Wright

#52 Chris Grieb

Chris Grieb

Mr.

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

Kori; Who is Steven Wright. His quotes are cool. Chris

#53 Inky

Inky

$$

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

Dunno why you're asking Kori, dear, since I'm the one with the quotes. :P Anyway, he's a stand up comedian, not as famous as he used to be. His brand of humor was...strange. He would deliver his jokes with minimal expression and just run straight through his ludicrous lines without pausing for laughter or anything. Quite something. ;)
There was a power outage at a department store yesterday. Twenty people were trapped on the escalators. -- Steven Wright

My roommate got a pet elephant. Then it got lost. It's in the apartment somewhere. -- Steven Wright

#54 Chris Grieb

Chris Grieb

Mr.

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:48 PM

Sorry Inky about the mix-up. On Steve Wright I don't think I ever saw him. Don't forget the old quote "Dying is easy. Comedy is hard."

#55 Kat

Kat

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image

Yay!!! Inky's back!!!

#56 Kori

Kori

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:11 PM

LMAO! ^ That dress is pretty rad, Inky.

#57 brg253

brg253
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

I really wish I had discovered Objectivism when I was a teenager. It would have saved me a shit ton of trouble...

#58 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,835 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:46 AM

Chris and his teenage home boy group:

Here's some recent Steve Wright - I have always found his dry insanity hilarious:

http://www.stevenwri...lips/index.html

:rofl:
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#59 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,835 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:59 AM

http://www.weather.n...evenWright.html

Here are a plethora of his one lined insanity.

Some of his one liners you will be thinking about for days, like: "I was born by Caesarian section...but not so you'd notice. It's just that when
I leave a house, I go out through the window." -- Steven Wright

Which reminds me of the test tube baby who had a womb with a view.

Adam
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#60 Areopagitican

Areopagitican

$$

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Blogging

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hello, I'm seventeen.

More importantly, is everyone alive in this neck-of-the-woods?
Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.
- John Milton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Nightingale-Conant