• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dglgmut

Dglgmut

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

If you could only choose one quote of Rand's to pass on to someone who hasn't looked into her, what would be your choice? A reasonable sized quote--short enough to make a T-Shirt out of (just a reference point, I'm not actually doing this).

---

Mine is: "The man who lies to the world, is the world’s slave from then on." -AS

#2 Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

$$$$

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, politics, power-fantasies, economics, comedy, history, humanity, computers, video games, fits of rage, fitness, debate, delusions of grandeur, ideas, music, voice-acting, and human psychology.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live. - AS

"I’ve been waiting for awhile to meet you. For the chance to shake your hand. To give you thanks for all the suffering you command." - STP

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

#3 studiodekadent

studiodekadent

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,192 posts
  • Interests:Austrian and Evolutionary Economics, Objectivism, Electro-Industrial Music (Listening/Composing/ Producing), Synthesizers, Goth/Industrial/ Cyberpunk/Formal Fashion, Makeup (more than my mother), Drinking, Blackjack, Debauchery of Assorted Varieties.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

"Thought Does Not Bow To Authority" - The Comprachicos

www.myspace.com/studiodekadent

#4 Las Vegas

Las Vegas

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
  • Interests:Business, computer science, consumer electronics, medical science, lap swimming, weight training, photography, sports, Rand & anyone who makes sense.

U.S. Army Veteran

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

"Individual rights. There are no others"

Live long & prosper

#5 Dglgmut

Dglgmut

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for making me aware of this essay :)

#6 studiodekadent

studiodekadent

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,192 posts
  • Interests:Austrian and Evolutionary Economics, Objectivism, Electro-Industrial Music (Listening/Composing/ Producing), Synthesizers, Goth/Industrial/ Cyberpunk/Formal Fashion, Makeup (more than my mother), Drinking, Blackjack, Debauchery of Assorted Varieties.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Thanks for making me aware of this essay :smile:

My pleasure. That's the essay which pretty much "confirmed" me as an Objectivist.

www.myspace.com/studiodekadent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users