3rd Party Time

dennislmay

I'm listening to Beck's radio show on SiriusXM but pausing it now and again. What started out as a discussion of immigration reform has turned into the Republican Party is dead - now just like the Whig Party and Beck is advocating the formation of a 3rd party. He is saying if Rand Paul announced a presidential run today as a 3rd party he could pull it off.

Though few were listening I heard several conservative Republicans say the same thing about a year ago - if the Republicans go back to their old ways again after this election there will be a 3rd party. Immigration reform and the failure to address the deficit/debt is proof they intend to go right back to their old ways of appeasement and compromise giving away the country.

Beck's co-hosts are trying to talk him out of it but Beck is far from alone.

Today could be the beginning of interesting things.

Dennis

There are lots of 3rd parties. Pick one. But Objectivists always say they have no chance of getting elected.

Polls are as follows:

Immanuel Kant: 49%

Satan the Devil: 49%

John Galt: 2%

Objectivists are divided 50-50 between Kant and Satan, which is the less evil. Voting for Galt would be a wasted vote because he has no chance of getting elected. Every election it's the same.

The candidates in my example are slightly exaggerated.

Dennis:

Disregarding Jerry's inane observations, I am actively exploring with folks in the fifty (50) states the task of organizing a third party effort at all levels.

The key is starting at the local community level and building the foundation for a national party. This was the classical mistake that the Libertarian party made from it's birth in the '70s.

You cannot launch a national party effort without the fundamental and foundational building blocks that reach down to the physical election district level.

A...

Dennis:

Disregarding Jerry's inane observations, I am actively exploring with folks in the fifty (50) states the task of organizing a third party effort at all levels.

The key is starting at the local community level and building the foundation for a national party. This was the classical mistake that the Libertarian party made from it's birth in the '70s.

You cannot launch a national party effort without the fundamental and foundational building blocks that reach down to the physical election district level.

A...

I have heard this has been what the Tea Party has been doing. I expect the new 3rd party will grow out of the efforts the Tea Party has been putting in place. Rubio is now a sad disappointment with McCain leading him around by the nose with his same old RINO tricks. The Republicans have failed one time too many.

Dennis

Dennis,

Even before Glenn, mainstream-wise, I have heard Mark Levin and Sarah Palin (and the group around them) making noises in a third party direction.

btw - I don't know if the following thing will grow, but there have been many complaints of conservative accounts being removed from Facebook by the Facebook staff. So some people got fed up and started their own platform:

Tea Party Community

I haven't signed up yet, but I will. Along with FreedomConnector (run by FreedomWorks).

I believe these sites will play a major role if an actual small-government third party gets off the ground.

Michael

Dennis,

Even before Glenn, mainstream-wise, I have heard Mark Levin and Sarah Palin (and the group around them) making noises in a third party direction.

btw - I don't know if the following thing will grow, but there have been many complaints of conservative accounts being removed from Facebook by the Facebook staff. So some people got fed up and started their own platform:

Tea Party Community

I haven't signed up yet, but I will. Along with FreedomConnector (run by FreedomWorks).

I believe these sites will play a major role if an actual small-government third party gets off the ground.

Michael

It would be hard to get a 3rd party going before the midterm elections but if they could it would vastly increase the chances of success during the next presidential election. The downside is that progress being made at the state level and governors might be forfeit for an election cycle or two until the Republicans Party at a nation level evaporates. Splitting the vote is always a danger but the national level Republicans have failed one time too many - the party needs disvolved and the power players now involved banished from politics and replaced by those who will fight for principle each and every time - that can only happen with a new party.

Dennis

Why do you need a party? What is wrong with Jesse Ventura's idea of not having parties? What is wrong with running as an independent?

The opportunity to run as an independent has always existed - it seldom succeeds and now many state laws have erected so many barriers to get on the ballet that without a party it isn't going to happen in most places.

Dennis

Gentlemen:

First, all Democratic Congresspeople and State Senators/Assembly/Mayors/Councilpersons should have "Tea Party like" candidates running in each and every primary.

At the same time in each district, an Independent ballot position should be secured for the general election. A generic name like the Community Independent Party [CIP].

This divides the Democratic vote, might pull some upsets and advances the general election chances because we could endorse a Tea Party Republican and eventually bring them over to form the Independent Party at the next general election.

It means hard work E.D. by E.D. with the networking technology at our fingertips. It means going into every community hall, bar, PTA, American Legion Hall etc. and network with real choices.

A...

Why do you need a party? What is wrong with Jesse Ventura's idea of not having parties? What is wrong with running as an independent?

Nothing, in itself as such. However many people vote according to the party label the candidate presents to the world.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You need a third party as a serious alternative to the two (2) blood sucking scum of the present statist parties.

You need a third party as a serious alternative to the two (2) blood sucking scum of the present statist parties.

Do you mean like the Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party?

Jerry:

Once again, you disappoint me. Surely you understand that both of these parties have failed miserably. I was an original organizer of the Libertarian Party in New York way back in the '70's.

I was the first County Chairman of Queens County in the City of New York. I made the same argument then, as I am making now, that we need to do the hard work, Election District, by Election District. Then, with the incredible advantages that we now have with the technology, social networking and other ancillary factors, we can, basically sweep the field within a decade.

So, ask me an intelligent question, because, clearly, I did not mean the failed Libertarian Party [which I helped guide to a "permanent ballot line in NY State"], which they then, totally, fucked up with their infantile issues, rather than organize at an Election District level, per my game plan.

As to the Constitution Party, they are another worthwhile effort that is idea oriented, and, has no clue as to Election District by Election District organizational paradigms.

A...

Do you mean like the Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party?

Jerry:

Once again, you disappoint me. Surely you understand that both of these parties have failed miserably. I was an original organizer of the Libertarian Party in New York way back in the '70's.

I was the first County Chairman of Queens County in the City of New York. I made the same argument then, as I am making now, that we need to do the hard work, Election District, by Election District. Then, with the incredible advantages that we now have with the technology, social networking and other ancillary factors, we can, basically sweep the field within a decade.

So, ask me an intelligent question, because, clearly, I did not mean the failed Libertarian Party [which I helped guide to a "permanent ballot line in NY State"], which they then, totally, fucked up with their infantile issues, rather than organize at an Election District level, per my game plan.

As to the Constitution Party, they are another worthwhile effort that is idea oriented, and, has no clue as to Election District by Election District organizational paradigms.

A...

Every third party failed miserably. How many more third parties will you create before you understand that all third parties are doomed to fail miserably? The game is rigged.

Elections are an illusion to make you think you have freedom. If voting made a difference, they wouldn't allow it. The left and the right are the 2 boots stomping on freedom. They are the 2 wings of the same ugly predatory bird. They are the 2 lies that people argue about which is true. They are the 2 bullies tossing the football of freedom between them. They are the 2 pillars that support tyranny.

There is only one solution. That is the ants figure out that they outnumber the grasshoppers a hundred to one.

There is only one solution. That is the ants figure out that they outnumber the grasshoppers a hundred to one.

Who is afraid of the tiny dot? Everybody. Somehow that seems strange.

http://youtu.be/H6b70TUbdfs

There is the matter of the guns, tanks, helicopters and planes in the hands of the armed forces who may or might enforce the will of the government in case of a rebellion. And even that might not be necessary. A few thousand in the right place can bugger our bank accounts, credit standing and alter our vital records to our detriment. So counting dots is not a particularly accurate or interesting way to view the situation.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• 1 month later...

I received a letter directly from Rand Paul. At the top is the slogan, "Rand Paul in 2016." Rand is running. Please support him.

Peter

He was on the Glenn Beck show today and did a fine job. Beck is going to have him back on for a full hour some time to explain his thoughts on foreign policy - which seems to be the primary concern many have about him. If he can outline in a clear manner a reasonable foreign policy he will do well. That might be a big if. Many convervatives and liberarians are far apart on foreign policy while having a great deal of common ground in economic and small government matters. Paul would do best to emphasize that economic failure is military and foreign policy failure and leave it at that. Whatever libertarians theorize about military and foreign policy matters won't matter if there is a total economic collapse.

Dennis

I'm listening to Beck's radio show on SiriusXM but pausing it now and again. What started out as a discussion of immigration reform has turned into the Republican Party is dead - now just like the Whig Party and Beck is advocating the formation of a 3rd party. He is saying if Rand Paul announced a presidential run today as a 3rd party he could pull it off.

Though few were listening I heard several conservative Republicans say the same thing about a year ago - if the Republicans go back to their old ways again after this election there will be a 3rd party. Immigration reform and the failure to address the deficit/debt is proof they intend to go right back to their old ways of appeasement and compromise giving away the country.

Dennis

The Republican Party is not only dead. It is brain-dead and has been so for some time.

I greave for The Republic.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Dennis

The Republican Party is not only dead. It is brain-dead and has been so for some time.

I greave for The Republic.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Either the Republican Party has to become the Tea Party or the Republican Party has to go away and be replaced by the conservative/libertarian wing of the Republican Party but with a new name. There is no place left for the establishment Republican Party. This should have occurred right after Reagan, it may be too late to avoid authoritarian rule given the imminent financial collapse and the majority dependent populace.

Dennis

The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations. -- David Friedman

Dennis wrote:

Either the Republican Party has to become the Tea Party or the Republican Party has to go away and be replaced by the conservative / libertarian wing of the Republican Party but with a new name. There is no place left for the establishment Republican Party.

end quote

Dennis I want to NOMINATE a *more than barely acceptable candidate* who can also WIN a presidential election, not just make a philosophical statement. Lets look at the entire Republican Party and not just the candidates who are worthy of a Tea Party. The Republican Partys top seeds are listed in the order of their elect-ability: Marco Rubio. Rand Paul. Paul Ryan. All strong examples of the Tea Party / Conservative / libertarian wing. You want a new name party, like the Bull Moose Party? I profoundly disagree. Thats so far fetched as to be laughable- snort, snort, chuckle. Why in the heck NOT go with one of the above three and WIN. Sorry for yelling. Your topic title should be 3rd Party Time question mark. I need to blow my nose = not our very possible *real chances.*

The time has come today. Here is the response from an ad I answered that had Rand Paul 2016 at the top of the page. Rand gets my vote and my money. I deleted the spaces between the lines and the art did not get copied.

Peter

Dear PETER,

Thank you for supporting my efforts to bring Constitutional values to Washington.

I would like to take a second to tell you about RandPAC.

RandPAC isn't your run-of-the-mill political action committee. We have a two-pronged plan of attack to advance the conservative movement:

1. RandPAC pressures members of Congress with TV ads, emails, phone calls, faxes, and petitions to oppose big government power grabs and to uphold the Constitution.

2. And if any member of Congress sells out to the big-government establishment, RandPAC will work to flush them out of office by recruiting, endorsing, and promoting candidates who are committed conservatives.

RandPAC will only endorse candidates who will fight for limited government, free markets, and the right to life. You have my word on this.

And despite being new on the scene, RandPAC has already had great success!

In 2012, RandPAC-endorsed candidates like Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky, and Rep. Kerry Bentivolio of Michigan defeated big-spending establishment incumbents all across the country.

Our legislative priorities are gaining steam being backed by our constitutional coalition in Congress that grows larger with each election cycle.

RandPAC has led the fights to repeal Obamacare, protect our Constitutional rights, and save our wallets from tax hikes and ill-advised foreign aid.

And over the next few days, you will receive emails detailing the battles RandPAC has fought and will continue to fight.

Your support for RandPAC is crucial in these fights because it is YOUR voice that matters on these issues.

RandPAC is leading the fight for conservative values in Washington, but we cant do it without your help.

So please chip in $50, $25, or whatever you can afford to help RandPAC expand our conservative coalition and fight for our values in Washington.