Gunsmoke: Gun Control in Dodge
Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:22 PM
PT1- Gunsmoke in Bureaucrat.mp4
PT2- Gunsmoke in Bureaucrat.mp4
PT3- Gunsmoke in Bureaucrat.mp4
Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:53 PM
Thank you for those episodes. Brought back some very fond memories.
Gunsmoke is an American radio and television Western drama series created by director Norman MacDonnell and writer John Meston. The stories take place in and around Dodge City, Kansas, during the settlement of the American West.
The radio version ran from 1952 to 1961, and John Dunning writes that among radio drama enthusiasts "Gunsmoke is routinely placed among the best shows of any kind and any time." The television version ran for 20 seasons from 1955 to 1975, and was the United States' longest-running prime time, live-action drama with 635 episodes.
- 1956–1957: No.8 - 12,720,300 viewers (32.7 rating)
- 1957–1958: No.1 - 18,067,520 viewers (43.1 rating)
- 1958–1959: No.1 - 17,404,200 viewers (39.6 rating)
- 1959–1960: No.1 - 18,437,250 viewers (40.3 rating)
- 1960–1961: No.1 - 17,605,600 viewers (37.3 rating)
- 1961–1962: No.3 - 13,741,065 viewers (28.3 rating)
Compare this show to the modern Deadwood where the prostitute's were clearly labeled and not "Miss. Kitty" types.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users