Happy Birthday Revah

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 15,822 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

Happy Birthday Revah!

Your first at OL!

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#2 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,273 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Happy birthday to the new member.

And many more to come.

(Birthdays, that is, not members... :) )

Michael

Know thyself...

#3 daunce lynam

daunce lynam

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 8,038 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, what else is there?

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

...and so say all of us.

The first 25 years are the hardest - it's all uphill from there!

#4 Revah

Revah
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Early childhood education, writing SF, anthropology, philosophy, tea-drinking

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

What a lovely surprise! Thank you!

I had a wonderful birthday. I took the initiative and set in order a few things that had been bothering me at work; the lessons I had planned for the children all went well, and then I had dinner in the evening with the members of my family whose company I really enjoy.

I also ordered myself a couple of gifts (I'm almost too good at budgeting, I very rarely use up much of my 'disposable income,' so a birthday is a good excuse to treat myself). I bought a few books on writing, which I may post about after I've read them and can judge how useful and/or insightful they are. I also got a copy of The Virtue of Selfishness. I wanted to read another of Ayn Rand's books, and that title was just too delightful to pass up.

I hope you're right, Carol! Certainly the last 5 years have been a little easier than the 5 before them, so perhaps that trend will continue. Life became a lot easier since I began to live purposefully, anyway. :)
"See, Leisha -- this tree made this flower. Because it can. Only this tree can make this kind of wonderful flower. That plant hanging up there can't, and those can't either. Only this tree. Therefore the most important thing in the world for this tree to do is grow this flower. The flower is the tree's individuality -- that means just it, and nothing else -- made manifest. Nothing else matters." ~ Beggars In Spain, by Nancy Kress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users