197 replies to this topic

#81 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,814 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

LM,

I hope you're right but I suspect you're not.

I don't think anyone knows what would happen. But I think we're going to find out.

Michael

Know thyself...

#82 dennislmay

dennislmay

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

LM,

I hope you're right but I suspect you're not.

I don't think anyone knows what would happen. But I think we're going to find out.

Michael

The talking heads are trying to decide if the preemption will start before or after the election. Nearly all are saying before. I don't hear anyone but the administration saying sanctions will work.

Dennis

#83 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,592 posts
  • Interests:All kinds of stuff

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

The US would never launch a ground war or an air war on Syria and I doubt very much that Israel or the US would attack Iran openly. They know what would happen in both cases and they're not prepared for those consequences.

They really aren't prepared for any consequences, including the consequences from not doing anything. The hots for war now is seemingly being dissipated which actually increases the possibility of war. Israel does not want to pre-announce an attack.

--Brant
just a mess to beat all messes

Rational Individualist, Rational self-interest, Individual Rights--limited government libertarian heavily influenced by Objectivism

#84 Peter Taylor

Peter Taylor

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Rush had a caller today, Maryann from Lewes, Delaware who questioned the wisdom of tapping into the strategic oil reserve. Rush pronounced her town Loos, but it is pronounced LOOis. We will need to repurchase the oil at the prevailing rate, so the politics of using the reserve to lower the gas price now is dumb. It is a 36 day reserve which means if the Strait of Hormuz is closed by mines we would need that reserve then, so don’t use it now. Since it is only a 36 day supply we could expect even and odd days to buy gas based on the last digit of your license plate which happened under Jimmy Carter and which is rationing.

Rush wondered, why not use the Keystone Pipeline as our Strategic Reserve? Our contract with Canada, which they in turn would then have in writing on China or India’s oil futures contracts would stipulate that in the event of an emergency the U.S. gets the first chance at the Canadian oil. It sure makes sense, as does the sexy Sarah Palin saying, “Drill, Baby. Drill!” I’m for that. Very quickly oil would be spurting.

A local natural gas company is renting about three acres from a relative to park their machinery and pipes on. The rental price was agreeable. Their pipeline is about two miles from her property at this time, and runs along the State owned right of way. I sat in on the preliminary meeting and was impressed. I think the Keystone people would be as friendly and lucrative – and strategic, as these folks were. I thought Obama was the ultimate political animal, but Obama is a fool.
Peter Taylor
Semper cogitans fidele,
Independent Objectivist,
Peter Taylor

#85 Peter Taylor

Peter Taylor

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

John McCain’s and Obama’s plan to strike Iranian proxy, Syria appears to have been scrapped. That plan could have lead us into spearheading a strike against Iran if an aggressive no fly zone was established over Syria, since Iran was supplying Syria via commercial air transports. That practice may have been halted because of McCain’s plan.

Israel’s continuing strikes against neighboring terrorists is a dress rehearsal to see what can be thrown against them when they begin to neutralize Iran. Striking locally now, also has the advantages of testing Israel’s anti missile defense system, getting re-supplied before a campaign against Iran, and to preemptively destroy Iran’s proxies in neighboring territories. This strategy also suggests that Israel will go it alone with conventional weapons. That conclusion, if true, means Israel plans on winning the war.

What sort of casualties can Israel expect? An Israeli video of first responders practicing a chemical rocket attack indicates that Iran does not yet have nukes or a dirty bomb but may, in vengeance, use chemical weapons as WMD’s. I remember when Iraq was shooting scuds into Israel that the Israelis worried about chemicals sinking into their underground civilian shelters. I hope that problem has been lessened or eliminated.

Iran is being cut off of the world wide financial market, tomorrow, Saturday March 17th. However they are already doing test runs of money laden speed boats to neighboring Arab banks to conduct business as usual though it will be slower. This is another point where our Navy in the area will probably stop them, by sinking them. I think boarding and confiscating the cash would lead to charges of American piracy and bombs being set off once the Seals come aboard.

Hostilities may begin soon. Buy some gas, and keep your tanks topped off. Iran is promising to strike inside America and they will try to do the most damage possible, perhaps to our gas supply lines.
Peter Taylor
Semper cogitans fidele,
Independent Objectivist,
Peter Taylor

#86 Libertarian Muslim

Libertarian Muslim

$$$$$

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

John McCain’s and Obama’s plan to strike Iranian proxy, Syria appears to have been scrapped. That plan could have lead us into spearheading a strike against Iran if an aggressive no fly zone was established over Syria, since Iran was supplying Syria via commercial air transports. That practice may have been halted because of McCain’s plan. Israel’s continuing strikes against neighboring terrorists is a dress rehearsal to see what can be thrown against them when they begin to neutralize Iran. Striking locally now, also has the advantages of testing Israel’s anti missile defense system, getting re-supplied before a campaign against Iran, and to preemptively destroy Iran’s proxies in neighboring territories.

Israel can't destroy Iran's proxies, they've been trying since the 80's and have failed miserably with an outright defeat when they attacked Lebanon in 2006. Furthermore, it appears that Israel is again trying to draw the US into a war by using their Mossad agents to recruit terrorists to launch attacks inside Iran and all the while telling those terrorists that they are working for the CIA, not Mossad. I think the US has caught wind of this and I believe that the Iranians know that Israel is doing this and are therefore exercising restraint and not responding against the Americans.

This strategy also suggests that Israel will go it alone with conventional weapons. That conclusion, if true, means Israel plans on winning the war.

This means nothing really, they can intend to fly to the moon but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to. In fact one could almost guarantee that if Israel attacks Iran it will face a military response that it can not handle.

What sort of casualties can Israel expect? An Israeli video of first responders practicing a chemical rocket attack indicates that Iran does not yet have nukes or a dirty bomb but may, in vengeance, use chemical weapons as WMD’s. I remember when Iraq was shooting scuds into Israel that the Israelis worried about chemicals sinking into their underground civilian shelters. I hope that problem has been lessened or eliminated.

I think this is really preposterous. Iran would never use chemical or radiological weapons against Israel or anywhere else. Anyone who suggests that they would should produce some type of evidence that Iran demonstrated the intention to do so. If anything, history shows that Iran is very anti WMD as during the Iran Iraq War the Iraqis were using British and US supplied Chemical weapons against Iranian cities and the Iranians didn't respond with Chemical weapons.

Iran is being cut off of the world wide financial market, tomorrow, Saturday March 17th. However they are already doing test runs of money laden speed boats to neighboring Arab banks to conduct business as usual though it will be slower. This is another point where our Navy in the area will probably stop them, by sinking them. I think boarding and confiscating the cash would lead to charges of American piracy and bombs being set off once the Seals come aboard. Hostilities may begin soon. Buy some gas, and keep your tanks topped off. Iran is promising to strike inside America and they will try to do the most damage possible, perhaps to our gas supply lines. Peter Taylor

I think people are freaking out a little too much over the prospect of war, I honestly don't think that the US or Israel will actually attack Iran openly.

#87 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

Next week three US aircraft carrier groups will be in position respecting Syria and Iran. The USS Enterprise is beginning her last deployment before being retired in seven months after 50 years of service.

To win a war the other side must be destroyed or come to such an agreement with you to stop fighting. Iran is at war right now with whomever wants to be at war with it. The question is how much ramp up in the fighting there will be, by and with whom in particular. The entire situation could blow up in the faces of oil importing and exporting countries giving their economies a mighty shock.

--Brant

Rational Individualist, Rational self-interest, Individual Rights--limited government libertarian heavily influenced by Objectivism

#88 Infidel

Infidel

$$$$$

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

I honestly don't think that the US or Israel will actually attack Iran openly.
Because you think America is cowed by a great enemy?

#89 dennislmay

dennislmay

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

http://articles.busi...-dmitry-rogozin

Another twist in the region.

Dennis

#90 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Israel and the U.S. will commence the overt war against Iran in September. The idea will be to help Obama get re-elected. Israel needs the U.S., but the U.S. doesn't need Israel to do this, so the U.S. may do it alone. Regardless, this gives the U.S. the ability to dictate the actual date.

--Brant
my speculation

#91 BaalChatzaf

BaalChatzaf

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 11,706 posts
  • Location:Currently residing in New Jersey, the Bad-a-Bing State.
  • Interests:mathematics, physics, alternative energy sources.

I am also involved in preparing recorded books for blind and dyslexic folks.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Israel and the U.S. will commence the overt war against Iran in September. The idea will be to help Obama get re-elected. Israel needs the U.S., but the U.S. doesn't need Israel to do this, so the U.S. may do it alone. Regardless, this gives the U.S. the ability to dictate the actual date.

--Brant
my speculation

If we are still at peace on Oct 1, that means you are wrong.

Ba'al Chatzaf
אויב מיין באָבע האט בייצים זי וואָלט זיין מיין זיידע

#92 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

--Brant
my speculation

If we are still at peace on Oct 1, that means you are wrong.

Ba'al Chatzaf

If war breaks out on Oct 3 you'll call me a "genius!"

--Brant
head for the shelter!

#93 dennislmay

dennislmay

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Israel and the U.S. will commence the overt war against Iran in September. The idea will be to help Obama get re-elected. Israel needs the U.S., but the U.S. doesn't need Israel to do this, so the U.S. may do it alone. Regardless, this gives the U.S. the ability to dictate the actual date. --Brant my speculation

If we are still at peace on Oct 1, that means you are wrong. Ba'al Chatzaf

If war breaks out on Oct 3 you'll call me a "genius!" --Brant head for the shelter!

What qualifies for "war breaking out"?

#94 jts

jts

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Israel and the U.S. will commence the overt war against Iran in September.

LW predicts September or October, 2012 and he claims inside knowledge. But with Alex Jones shining the spotlight on them cockroaches, they probably will change their plans.

#95 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Israel and the U.S. will commence the overt war against Iran in September. The idea will be to help Obama get re-elected. Israel needs the U.S., but the U.S. doesn't need Israel to do this, so the U.S. may do it alone. Regardless, this gives the U.S. the ability to dictate the actual date. --Brant my speculation

If we are still at peace on Oct 1, that means you are wrong. Ba'al Chatzaf

If war breaks out on Oct 3 you'll call me a "genius!" --Brant head for the shelter!

What qualifies for "war breaking out"?

Extensive if not prolonged bombing.

--Brant
the pre-war war is already well underway

#96 Libertarian Muslim

Libertarian Muslim

$$$$$

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

LOL I'd be so surprised if a war did break out. From what I can see, the US is desperately trying to avoid it and in fact, Israel seems to be doing everything they can to make it happen, even by posing as the CIA and getting groups from Baluchis in Iran and Pakistan to attack Iranian targets with terrorist attacks, same with the Kurds.

#97 whYNOT

whYNOT

tony garland

• Members
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

LOL ... and in fact, Israel seems to be doing everything they can to make it happen...

LM,

For all your knowledge, you don't have the slightest idea.

One false principle, and all your knowledge falls flat.
"To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge". Nicolaus Copernicus (An original objectivist) 1473-1543 ***No man may be smaller than his philosophy...***

#98 gulch8

gulch8

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Is it your contention that Obama dreads an election in which he loses big time to the point where he seeks to engage us in a WWIII in order to postpone the election altogether, declare himself president for life or the like. Even during WWII FDR ran in an election here and was re elected.

#99 Libertarian Muslim

Libertarian Muslim

$$$$$

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

LOL ... and in fact, Israel seems to be doing everything they can to make it happen...

LM,

For all your knowledge, you don't have the slightest idea.

One false principle, and all your knowledge falls flat.

I have a very good idea actually. Israel, reluctant to go to war against Iran by themselves or be seen as starting the war has been sending in the MOSSAD pretending that they're the CIA to get groups to launch attacks on Iran blowing up mosques and government facilities in the hope that Iran would lose patience and strike out against the US, thus pulling the US into a war.

It's the typical story of one weak loud mouthed punk that has a bigger and stronger friend and then tries to start a fight between his friend and some random person he doesn't like.

Iran is completely justified even now in attacking the US if we use the same ridiculous standards that the US has in the past to launch wars against other nations, but Iran doesn't want a bar of it, they're wanting to avoid war at all costs and for good reason. It will not be pretty for anyone involved.

#100 whYNOT

whYNOT

tony garland

• Members
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Ahh, man. I'm not sure if I want to sympathise with that innocent
ignorance of yours, or combat your terrible cynicism.
It is obvious you're a victim of your own propaganda.

One question: Why would Israel seek war with Iran?
Put another way: How would it be in their self-interest?
"To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge". Nicolaus Copernicus (An original objectivist) 1473-1543 ***No man may be smaller than his philosophy...***

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World War, Iran, Israel, Nuclear Weapons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users