NH: Angry mob swarms Rick Santorum

RidleyReport

Who were the assholes screaming at Santorum?

Who cares? Who cares what some crowd of people (or portion of crowd) shouts? Is it remarkable that Americans shout at and heckle their candidates?

From my point of view, in America it is okay to shout at candidates for office as they come and go from media events. It is not only a constitutional right to shout at candidates, it is a constitutional right to move along the path you have chosen (as Santorum did) freely, from your vehicle, to the sidewalk, past the microphones, smile (as Santorum did) and with handlers and agents and other suited gentlemen, calmly enter the building (as Santorum did).

As for the headline: Angry mob swarms Rick Santorum -- this is BS.

No 'mob,' just vocal (in parts) citizens. No swarm on Rick Santorum, just a stately procession, with smile, from car to indoor space. If he wasn't so stupid, he would have stopped in front of a microphone (well in front of the people 'swarming' him from forty feet away) and gave 'em heck. He could certainly have stood up to hecklers, or let off a good one-liner or spoke to a question or comment shouted at him. If the intent of the shouty people was to drown him out ... then an able politician would have been able to turn that to his advantage.

Has OL always had this subcurrent of stupid non-reporting of non-events?

Edited by william.scherk

Who cares? Who cares what some crowd of people (or portion of crowd) shouts? Is it remarkable that Americans shout at and heckle their candidates?

From my point of view, in America it is okay to shout at candidates for office as they come and go from media events. It is not only a constitutional right to shout at candidates, it is a constitutional right to move along the path you have chosen (as Santorum did) freely, from your vehicle, to the sidewalk, past the microphones, smile (as Santorum did) and with handlers and agents and other suited gentlemen, calmly enter the building (as Santorum did).

As for the headline: Angry mob swarms Rick Santorum -- this is BS.

No 'mob,' just vocal (in parts) citizens. No swarm on Rick Santorum, just a stately procession, with smile, from car to indoor space. If he wasn't so stupid, he would have stopped in front of a microphone (well in front of the people 'swarming' him from forty feet away) and gave 'em heck. He could certainly have stood up to hecklers, or let off a good one-liner or spoke to a question or comment shouted at him. If the intent of the shouty people was to drown him out ... then an able politician would have been able to turn that to his advantage.

Has OL always had this subcurrent of stupid non-reporting of non-events?

William:

I care about who was shouting and that is why I asked.

The tittle of the thread was horribly misleading and verges on pure propaganda.

Of course citizens have the right to shout at a candidate. The question is not about their rights, but about their tactics and that is why I am interested in what their agenda is.

Adam

Well... I was there, it looked like a mob to me (though maybe a peaceful one) and they stormed into the restricted area to get close to him. Maybe I should call it "Somebody doesn't like somebody" to ensure fewer views.

Angry mob confronts ...would have worked fine.

Stormed connotation is violent...

4. a violent military assault on a fortified place, strong position, or the like.

Second, my other question is who did they represent? What was their agenda?