155 replies to this topic

#141 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,953 posts
  • Interests:All kinds of stuff

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Precisely. I still cannot understand why he spent all that money on avoiding this moment. He looks weak to the sharks in the world by capitulating.

Au Contraire. He makes the Birthers look stupid and silly, which they are.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Moi? No, not me. But look, Bob, the media made him President by giving Obama a free ride from the tough investigative reporting any presidential candidate should get. This should have been all hashed out three years ago. I am glad McCain isn't President. He would have been a super go-to-war-President--much more than this guy. Just like this guy, he is a super economic ignoramus. This country is too big and powerful to be run by morons, but it's morons all the way down. The last President who was really any good was Eisenhower. He wasn't good enough, really, but as relief from bad and terrible he was something of a relief. It may sound strange, but Roosevelt was a better President than Hoover--the President who did this country the most damage since Lincoln--or any would-be Republican President from the 1930s and 1940s. Here's the real test: we, mirabile dictu!--get a great President and the birds are singing and the sun is shining. He'll probably be followed by a first-class ass assuming he doesn't turn into one while in office.

--Brant
avoid the fallout: be upwind

Rational Individualist, Rational self-interest, Individual Rights--limited government libertarian heavily influenced by Objectivism

#142 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,953 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

--Brant
this country is screwed--soon you can stick it with a fork and call it "done"

Brant: you've said this a number of times, it'd be great if you'd create a thread elaborating on how it is definitively screwed because in spite of the fact that it's easy to see what is bad and why, it's hard to see that things are definitively screwed. My position has been that it is and has been screwed all along, that the bad stuff is right here right now, and that most people don't see it because they can't envision how things could be and ought to be, and that this kind of doom-saying entirely misses the point.

Shayne

I should but I've no time to do a decent job. I'm referring to a country of freedom wanting more freedom which is not existing but going to war the wrong way for the wrong reasons and spending so much money it cannot afford on obligations it should never have undertaken such as Social Security and Medicare, etc. The country will go on existing, of course, but it won't be remade in a good and positive way because the middle class will be impoverished and destroyed, a process just getting underway.

--Brant

Rational Individualist, Rational self-interest, Individual Rights--limited government libertarian heavily influenced by Objectivism

#143 Martin Radwin

Martin Radwin

$$$$

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

http://reason.com/bl...rtificate-revea

"So long Birthers. It wasn't nice knowing you.

And yes, White House, let's get on with the discussion of how the America-born Barack Obama is effectively enacting a third Bush term, pursuing virtually of that bum's bad policies (war, massive government spending, expansion of already-unsustainable entitlements, disinterest in civil liberties, you name it) under the banner of hope and change. As that conversation gets all the focus, you may wish that you never closed out this inane topic."

#144 Jonathan

Jonathan

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

What is the significance of the smudges in the box containing the name of the reported attendant?

There's something fishy about this document - if you open the original .pdf (from whitehouse.gov) you see that there are TWO layers - one with doctors' signatures - could it be that whoever manufactured this document forgot to flatten the last two layers...

Wow. This isn't going to go away now. It's going to get worse. I just opened the pdf, and the document is divided into several layers, with different bits of text or graphics on each. The "kookiepants obsessives" are correct that the green patterned background appears to have been added -- it extends beyond the cropping, and it does not curve with the curvature of the document.

How hard is it to scan a frickin' document and post it without messing with it, and without making it obvious that it's been messed with? Are Obama's people really that stupid? They have to have done this on purpose to fuel the controversy.

J

#145 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

$$$$$$

• VIP
  • 3,582 posts
  • Interests:psychological theory, self-esteem, classical music, jazz, blues, music history

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Martin,

I'm old enough to know what a long-form birth certificate looks like.

But I agree with Nick Gillespie on the main issue. He says of the Obama White House:

As that conversation gets all the focus, you may wish that you never closed out this inane topic.

Yup, they wanted to keep this topic alive as long as possible, in order to discredit their opponents.

I would never cast a vote for Donald Trump. But he's called Obama's bluff.

Robert Campbell

#146 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,953 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

What is the significance of the smudges in the box containing the name of the reported attendant?

There's something fishy about this document - if you open the original .pdf (from whitehouse.gov) you see that there are TWO layers - one with doctors' signatures - could it be that whoever manufactured this document forgot to flatten the last two layers...

Wow. This isn't going to go away now. It's going to get worse. I just opened the pdf, and the document is divided into several layers, with different bits of text or graphics on each. The "kookiepants obsessives" are correct that the green patterned background appears to have been added -- it extends beyond the cropping, and it does not curve with the curvature of the document.

How hard is it to scan a frickin' document and post it without messing with it, and without making it obvious that it's been messed with? Are Obama's people really that stupid? They have to have done this on purpose to fuel the controversy.

J

World class experts are going over this thing right now with all the analyses and technology available to determine how authentic it is. If it's phony they'll prove it. The shit will start hitting the fan if it is very soon, like next week, and the whole thing will morph to cultural elephantiasis. It will be a disaster to keep focusing on the man as opposed to ideas and policies.

--Brant

#147 Michael Stuart Kelly

Michael Stuart Kelly

$$$$$$

• Root Admin
  • 20,045 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

Jonathan,

If it has been altered, it won't be the first time an amateur tried to present something like that on a national scale.

Dan Rather lost his reputation over someone on his team presenting a false document of Bush's record, and he endorsed it without checking.

Michael

Know thyself...

#148 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

$$$$$$

• VIP
  • 3,582 posts
  • Interests:psychological theory, self-esteem, classical music, jazz, blues, music history

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Dan Rather lost his reputation over someone on his team presenting a false document of Bush's record, and he endorsed it without checking.

Michael,

After bloggers exposed that fake letter and Dan Rather was forced to retire, I'd have thought that no one in the Obama White House would dare pull such a stunt.

We'll know soon enough.

Robert Campbell

#149 sjw

sjw

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 3,718 posts
  • Interests:Individual rights, politics, physics, epistemology.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

http://www.nationalr...nathan-goulding

#150 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 15,358 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

http://www.nationalr...nathan-goulding

Well that is a relief.

Thanks Shayne.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

#151 Jonathan

Jonathan

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Jonathan,

If it has been altered, it won't be the first time an amateur tried to present something like that on a national scale.

Michael

I doubt that the document is altered. It's just odd that the green background was added, and that what should have been presented as a simple, clear jpeg file ended up instead being this layered, oversharpened/filtered pdf. It just makes it look like total ineptitude or manipulation, and the dedicated Birthers are going to see it as the latter.

One possible explanation for the added green background is that any official copies that the Hawaiian state registrar makes might be printed on paper which has the patterned background.

J

#152 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,953 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

A possible explanation for "African" is his father was identified as from Kenya, West Africa and it was a carry over from that. I don't think it not saying "Negro" is going to get anyone anywhere.

--Brant

#153 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,953 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

Martin,

I'm old enough to know what a long-form birth certificate looks like.

But I agree with Nick Gillespie on the main issue. He says of the Obama White House:

As that conversation gets all the focus, you may wish that you never closed out this inane topic.

Yup, they wanted to keep this topic alive as long as possible, in order to discredit their opponents.

I would never cast a vote for Donald Trump. But he's called Obama's bluff.

Robert Campbell

Best explanation I've seen.

--Brant

#154 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

$$$$$$

• VIP
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Goulding's explanation is clear and straightforward.

I suspect they layered the original birth certificate over the green background (in use today, probably not in use in 1961).

And if you see an uncropped version of the thing (e.g., on the Wall Street Journal site), the birth certificate, with binding curl along the left edge, sits in a rectangular frame, surrounded by a flat expanse of green background, with the signature of the official who released the thing to the bottom right.

I really do think Obama and his handlers would have preferred to see the Corsi book come out, giving them a new round of opportunities to make their opponents look like wackadoodles.

Instead, the release of the birth certificate has made the Corsi book worthless before it's even published.

Robert Campbell

#155 Brant Gaede

Brant Gaede

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 14,953 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

I think the pertinent thing about the Birth Certificate is it was verified as authentic by the State Registrar. If it was phony it'd probably take him down. Who'd do that and for what?

--Brant
we badly need to get beyond this crap or 2012 will be an absolute farce--maybe regardless, considering the way all the politicians continue to slip and slide trying not to go down the drain with the rest of the country

#156 Selene

Selene

$$$$$$

• Members
  • 15,358 posts
  • Interests:Chess, birding, football, baseball, minimalist backpacking, argumentation and debate, politics and philosophy, strategic board gaming, history, Rand, poetry, writing.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

It's BAAACK just when you thought it was safe...

Sheriff Joe held a press conference today...

This is the major preliminary finding of a six-month ongoing Sheriff's Cold Case Posse law enforcement investigation into the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate and his eligibility to be president.

Having developed probable cause to believe the long-form birth certificate was most likely a computer-generated forgery, investigators began examining other evidence of President Obama's life history.

Investigators additionally have developed credible evidence suggesting:

• President Obama's Selective Service card was most likely a forgery, revealed by an examination of the postal date stamp on the document;

• Records of Immigration and Naturalization Service cards filled out by airplane passengers arriving on international flights originating outside the United States in the month of August 1961, examined at the National Archives in Washington, D.C., are missing records for the week of President Obama's birth, including the dates Aug. 1, 1961 through Aug. 7, 1961.

http://www.wnd.com/2...ficate-a-fraud/
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users