Hockey Playoffs Approach

caroljane

GAME ONE ....

Rangers win 3-1

14 shots on goal the entire game and 3 went in!!

Awesome performance by the entire team....

They have a clear shot at being in the finals...

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the wingmen are producing--especially Dustin Penner. Kings win, 3-0.

Meanwhile, Angelenos suffer a collective panic attack. OMG! A massive identity crisis looms. Aren't we supposed to be thinking about next year by now?

Then again, the Kings never had the awesome wind chills of the Great White North at their backs before.

So far a bicoastal final, the American TV network's nightmare, looks possible!

Adam, your Blueshirts' only fear is the gnawing dread that you are only 15 or 16 healthy players away from having to recall Sean Avery.

So far a bicoastal final, the American TV network's nightmare, looks possible!

Adam, your Blueshirts' only fear is the gnawing dread that you are only 15 or 16 healthy players away from having to recall Sean Avery.

Geez....get your mind out of the gutter girl! First this bi-coastal stuff with lesbian, trans gender, cross dressing checking and LBGTXYZ stuff and then Avery!!!!

Controversial "sloppy seconds" comment

On December 2, 2008, prior to the Stars' morning skate in preparation for a game against the Calgary Flames, Avery approached the assembled reporters in the dressing room and informed them that he was about to make a statement. He proceeded to make the following comment directed towards then Flames' defenceman Dion Phaneuf, who is dating Avery's ex-girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert.[24] “ I'm just going to say one thing. I'm really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight. ”

Within hours, the NHL suspended him indefinitely for "conduct detrimental to the league or the game of hockey". His comments were met with near-unanimous condemnation by the Stars organization, fellow players and fans alike. Stars owner Tom Hicks said that the team would have suspended Avery had the NHL not acted first.[25] Avery apologized the next day, calling his actions "a bad attempt to build excitement for the game."[26]

Heh. I was not thinking of that classy little episode, but of his long-stated assertion that he has outgrown hockey and wishes to display his unique specialness in other fields (nobody has angled for a reality show harder than he has). This casting of Our Game as a mere stepping stone in his fascinating life, is what outrages the devotees of this most hallowed sport. And the players, even more than pro footballers or baseballers, despise showboating unless it's on the ice, winning games. Avery regularly headed every formal and informal Unopularity poll in the NHL in his peak playing years. I haven't read anything about his relationship with Tortorella but I can't imagine much

harmony there.

I see your Ranger's win streak is, uh, OVEr geddit?

Couldn't resist.

Couldn't resist.

How is the Toronto winning streak going...

Couldn't resist.

Couldn't resist.

Oh, how could you...Did you not find any beggars to kick today? No homeless to jeer at?

Young Holtby is really something though isn't he? He also in on something of a streak, 25 games where he has never lost two in a row... which means likely he is due to do so, but you are the oddsmaker. How do you think he will hold up (as opposed to hope)?

In other goalie news, did you hear the rumour that Tea Party Tim Thomas is set to retire and run for office? I hear he has already lined up soon-to-be-ex-Sgt Stein as his Communications Director, and commissioned research from the Cato Institute that shows he is already assured of .03% of the vote, from the demographic of the electorate known technically as the Perpetually Confused, who think they will be voting for Tim Tebow.

Alert Jonathan! Phil has sneaked back on OL and is impersonating him, complaining that other people are wasting time on subjects not of interest to him and would be more usefully employed in discussing the subjects that are....

Start your own thread, "J", entltled How Not to Get Into the Playoffs like the Wild didn't despite Leading the League at One Point.

Civilly,

Carol

Are male "journalists" permitted in the bitches basketballpersontypehumanbeings locker room?

Are male "journalists" permitted in the bitches basketballpersontypehumanbeings locker room?

And you tell me to lift my mind from the gutter! It is no use your getting accreditation from "Objectivist Living Sports and Recreation" or even Reason Magazine. You are on the blacklist along with Sean Avery.and his expired Vogue press pass.

Wait for the Swimsuit issue of the Hockey News like everybody else.

And you tell me to lift my mind from the gutter! It is no use your getting accreditation from "Objectivist Living Sports and Recreation" or even Reason Magazine. You are on the blacklist along with Sean Avery.and his expired Vogue press pass.

Wait for the Swimsuit issue of the Hockey News like everybody else.

Is that the headlights are on brightly issue?

victoria_beckham_rest_small.jpg

This next one is only for Dennis's eyes!

CAUTION APPROACH WITH EITHER A LOT OF MONEY OR WHAT JOE BIDEN SAID

LAST CHANCE

Nice-Headlights.jpg

Nice Headlights

Fantastic game for the whole six periods and five hours! Goalies unbelievable, Congrats NY.

Wish I had not gone to watch it at the pub however.

Carol

Hungover and broke

Carol:

Yes. One of the great games in Ranger history. Longest since 1939.

You need to go to the pub on ladies drink for free night, or ditch the Pilgrim garb and go with senior sexy!

coupleformalrose300.gif

acuteangina.jpg

Fantastic game for the whole six periods and five hours! Goalies unbelievable, Congrats NY.

Carol

Hungover and broke

Carol:

You need to go to the pub on ladies drink for free night, or ditch the Pilgrim garb and go with senior sexy!

coupleformalrose300.gif

acuteangina.jpg

Carol

Hungover and broke

Carol:

coupleformalrose300.gif

acuteangina.jpg

lol. Adam, this is a Scottish pub, nobody drinks free. I might leave off the widows cap next time though, it looks a little weird with my Habs jersey.

On the ladies note, you and Dennis will doubtless be interested to know that the Nashville Predators ice girls are universally acknowledged as the best looking in the league (with a minority vote for Detroit whose ice crew are mostly male). The girl who picked up the catfish barehanded is getting a lot of appreciation.

On the ladies note, you and Dennis will doubtless be interested to know that the Nashville Predators ice girls are universally acknowledged as the best looking in the league (with a minority vote for Detroit whose ice crew are mostly male). The girl who picked up the catfish barehanded is getting a lot of appreciation.

http://predators.nhl...ge.htm?id=37163 here they are with all their "information," like Stephanie [picked her for Dennis because of the Blouse Brothers she displayed] "I own over 100 hats!" and she is 5' 8."

"shrink 100 heads for her to use as hatstands."

I do not even want to consider the sickness embedded in that gender feminist cannibalistic display!!!!

Lioncold...Koro...

I do not even want to consider the sickness embedded in that gender feminist cannibalistic display!!!!

Lioncold...Koro...

Lioncold...Koro...

What's with the gender sickness? I'm just a regular hockey fan. You should see my collection of voodoo iceman dolls that I started as an adolescent. Occasionally I give Pocklington another spearing in the nether regions just for old times' sake.

http://predators.nhl...ge.htm?id=37163 here they are with all their "information," like Stephanie [picked her for Dennis because of the Blouse Brothers she displayed] "I own over 100 hats!" and she is 5' 8."

There’s a joke in there somewhere about top heavy ice skaters, but I’m too busy shopping for pom-poms and foam fingers to figure it out.

Long may you wave the foamies, Dennis. LA is becoming something of a fave with the sportswriters up here, with headlines like "Playing Like Royalty." Bet you are glad the owners lured Daryl Sutter away from his ranch.

See, Adam? It is the power of Hockey. Dr Hardin glances not at a babes gallery, and scorns any bulging chests that are not bulging with boalie underpads.

Now you know why Canadian women are so nervy and snappy all winter.

See, Adam? It is the power of Hockey. Dr Hardin glances not at a babes gallery, and scorns any bulging chests that are not bulging with boalie underpads.

Well, er, ahhhh. . .I did sort of glance at it. . .(Twice.)

Well, er, ahhhh. . .I did sort of glance at it. . .(Twice.)

Clear case of double vision blinded by those solid headlights...