Censorship on OL!!!I

I knew I shoulda worn the raincoat.

The address you typed in is slightly off - the image you are seeing is a photobucket error message, not from OL - try typing it in again and again until it works.

Edited by Ted Keer

Daunce,

Send me the photo.

I will make sure it is the right size, then walk you through the steps of uploading it as your avatar (if you still need the instructions).

Please send it as an attachment here:

mikellyusabr@yahoo.com

Michael

I have already done exactly that for her. http://i420.photobuc...ap/a5b3887e.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp283/rad4hap/a5b3887e.jpg

Edited by Ted Keer

Daunce,

Send me the photo.

I will make sure it is the right size, then walk you through the steps of uploading it as your avatar (if you still need the instructions).

Please send it as an attachment here:

mikellyusabr@yahoo.com

Michael

It's OK, I am getting patient backstage tutoring. Have to give up the struggle for now as I won't have time for a day or so- just so you know I won't be absent as a censorship protest!

Daunce,

I suggest uploading it from your computer instead of hosting the image offsite (Photobucket).

The difference is if you upload it, a copy will be on OL's server. And it will be displayed from OL's server.

Doing it through Photobucket means that it is being displayed from Photobucket's server. If Photobucket makes a change or thinks your image is an infringement of some kind, they will take it down. If they do that, it will disappear from here, too.

But you decide. Both work.

Michael

Daunce,

I suggest uploading it from your computer instead of hosting the image offsite (Photobucket).

The difference is if you upload it, a copy will be on OL's server. And it will be displayed from OL's server.

Doing it through Photobucket means that it is being displayed from Photobucket's server. If Photobucket makes a change or thinks your image is an infringement of some kind, they will take it down. If they do that, it will disappear from here, too.

But you decide. Both work.

Michael

I was not aware that it did not upload into the server. I am hosting the image at my photobucket account, and will not delete it myself. This saves Carol the trouble of having to save the image from where she found it on the web (she gave me a URL typed by hand to find it) onto her desktop and then browse for it and upload it, all of which she is unfamiliar with. I simply cropped and reduced the image for her and gave her the URL to type in to the upload field.

I am surprised, Michael, that you can't upload the image for her as an administrator.

In any case, if she retypes the URL I gave her properly it will upload and I will not delete the image.

I am surprised, Michael, that you can't upload the image for her as an administrator.

Ted,

Senior moment.

I just didn't think of it.

I downloaded the photo to my computer, renamed it "Daunce.jpg" just to be cute and uploaded it.

It's now fixed.

btw - Here is some information I picked up on the dark side. Jpg's come with written information embedded called EXIF Info (Exchangeable Image File Format Information). Sometimes there are tracking footprints hidden there. The best way to nullify this with low resolution images (like for general web stuff) is the following: show the image on your screen, use the Print Screen command on your keyboard, then paste it into a program like Irfanview (probably the best free Image program for this kind of thing out there), crop it and save it as a jpg. Voila. No EXIF Info.

Michael

Me voila! Thank you, thank you-- I have so many people to thank tonight, my wonderful parents who always told me I could do anything--ok ok, I see you waving, thank you Ted and Mike!

Edited by daunce lynam