Canadian Politics: Boring beyond Belief, or just Dull and Tedious?

caroljane

.... Jamie (4) will remember it and Callum (1) will hear about it so regularly that he will think he does.

Ah, the family mythology. I have clear recollections of events that I do not remember! Lol. The "stories" that you hear so much that you think you remember them. Of course you were two (2), so it is possible. However, it is more than likely the framing of the story is what you imprinted in your memory.

.... Jamie (4) will remember it and Callum (1) will hear about it so regularly that he will think he does.

Ah, the family mythology. I have clear recollections of events that I do not remember! Lol. The "stories" that you hear so much that you think you remember them. Of course you were two (2), so it is possible. However, it is more than likely the framing of the story is what you imprinted in your memory.

That is interesting Adam - I do not know the child psych of it, but when you wrote that I remembered (maybe) something from when I was around 2, and I do not remember ever hearing my parents talk of it- it was so commonplace , I was just standing up in my crib yelling and crying because I did not want to go to sleep, then I realized nobody was going to come and take me out of bed. That is all I remember but it is quite vivid, I remember the twilight. And I don't remember any emotions, just I was yelling and trying to get them to come. Maybe I had some conversations with my parents that I Forgot? I never even remembered it until your post - shades of Cathy!

Also I remember somehow that the crying itself was quite satisfying in itself -a sort of project? I just cried as long as I could until I got tired of it.

Several news sources report tensions are high since news broke police have also been gathering residents’ firearms.

“I find that absolutely incredible that they have the right to go into a person’s belongings out of their home,” resident Brenda Lackey told the Calgary Herald. “When people find out about this, there’s going to be untold hell to pay.”

“This is the reason the U.S. has the right to bear arms,” said Charles Timpano at the checkpoint, where he and others have gathered to demand reentry into High River.

Video of the standoff can be seen below:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/police-confiscate-guns-from-flooded-town/

Now we should make that province our 51st State!

Several news sources report tensions are high since news broke police have also been gathering residents’ firearms.

“I find that absolutely incredible that they have the right to go into a person’s belongings out of their home,” resident Brenda Lackey told the Calgary Herald. “When people find out about this, there’s going to be untold hell to pay.”

“This is the reason the U.S. has the right to bear arms,” said Charles Timpano at the checkpoint, where he and others have gathered to demand reentry into High River.

Video of the standoff can be seen below:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/police-confiscate-guns-from-flooded-town/

Now we should make that province our 51st State!

You aren't allowed to keep your firearms in Canada where you can use them when you need them? I wonder what the self defense rules are?

--Brant

c'mon to my house, to my house: 12 gauge tactical pump loaded with #4 buck

The Mooslems-- they're Heeere!

The alarm must be raised again here in peaceful Canada. The sinister and disturbing influence of Nail Yakupov, Islamic Tatar, and former Student Muslim activist Nazem Kadri has been noted by many analysts.

The primary influence appears to be on the female demographic in the cities of Edmonton and Toronto, ages ranging from too old to be their mothers to too young to be their girlfriends.Experts fear that if allowed to continue their activities the two may gain adherents among other sectors of the population.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• 2 months later...

"Our Man in Tehran", a new movie documenting the historical facts of the rescue of Americans by Canadians during the Hostage Crisis, is debuting today at the Toronto International Film Festival.

It is supposed to open in theatres later this year, (if it gets a distributor I guess). Maybe it will do as well as the Atlases but I will not hold my breath.

In brighter news, a Toronto cop has actually been convicted of assault for beating a G20 protester three years ago, and Kadri has caved, signed a bridge contract and gone to training camp just under the wire. So life can go on.

• 3 weeks later...

FRATERNAL ORDER OF THE SACRED IGLOO Local 13

Office of the Grand Shaman

Dear Brothers,

Today sees the achievement of a vital goal of the Secret Plan, as the US Government is shut down for the opening of the NHL Season!

Pride will swell our hearts as we gather in the Satellite Hut to hear O Canada ring out from Montreal and shout abuse at the Habnots. And that pride has been earned by each and every one of us with a few exceptions, you know who you are.

Brothers, we asked for it! And we got it together!

Associate Shaman and Director of Iglovacy

Attention hockey phreaks: the game is only important to Canadians and exploited by Americans. We do appreciate the consequential pacification of our northern neighbors obviating the need for a heavily defended border requiring a vast increase in military expenditures.

--Brant

unanswerable, such is the nature of truth!

just to be safe we are building a fleet on the Great Lakes (in case the Brits come back--honest!)

This is a truth indeed unanswerable. Although if you spent any Saturday nights in the Satellite Hut you would not notice much pacifism,

Just thought I would help you out in your default Blame Canada position for everything.

This is a truth indeed unanswerable. Although if you spent any Saturday nights in the Satellite Hut you would not notice much pacifism,

Just thought I would help you out in your default Blame Canada position for everything.

Blame Canada Today, Bomb Canada Tomorrow! (BCT = BCT, also a nice metaphorical sandwich [bacon, Canuck, Tomato])

--Brant

and the world keeps turning

We have noticed much increased activity in the Great Lakes fleet boatyards within the last two days. It is unclear if this connected with the arrival on Canadian shores of two raftloads of self-proclaimed "political refugees", some of them armed and shouting incoherent slogans about insurance companies and national parks. They have been interned , but officials at the Ricoh Stadium warn that they have to be out of there before the team gets back from Rochester. Provincial officials ,who spoke on condition of anonymity, say there is concern that this may be the first wave of similar incidents , and are hastily examining protocols from the Great Bush Exodus in preparation.

• 4 weeks later...

Toronto's Halloween trick came from a guy in a police costume, announcing that cops had retrieved a video that obviously does not exist since it was made up by the lying liars at the Toronto Star.Law and Order Mayor Rob "Not a Crackhead" Ford laughed heartily at the joke.

The treat was that the Leafs have won in Calgary for the first time since 2002 and are the Eastern Conference leaders.

"I have no reasons to resign", says the mayor, and that is certainly true. One, he can't be removed from office...even if he is convicted of a crime, he keeps the job until he actually goes to jail. There is nothing in it for him to give up the power and resources he has as mayor, which can still be exploitable for his personal aims.

Of course, it would be good for Toronto if he quit, but he has never cared or pretended to care about what is good for Toronto, only its suburbs.

"I have no reasons to resign", says the mayor, and that is certainly true. One, he can't be removed from office...even if he is convicted of a crime, he keeps the job until he actually goes to jail. There is nothing in it for him to give up the power and resources he has as mayor, which can still be exploitable for his personal aims.

Of course, it would be good for Toronto if he quit, but he has never cared or pretended to care about what is good for Toronto, only its suburbs.

The latest reports on you guys from across the border is the alleged crackhead has allowed/ordered the tape to be released and that he is going to have to get help/treatment for this issue.

However, there is nothing on-line:

toronto-mayor-rob-ford-im-not-a-crackhea

Brett Gundlock, Reuters

Rob Ford: I'm not a crackhead.

Can you guys rent him out to Macy's Parade this year?
We can put him on a big crack pipe float, or, he could be the big crack pipe float.

This guy had a 70% approval rate?

You realize that according to Moralist's standards it is the people of Toronto that share his morals because he was elected by you!

And I saw you sneak in that new member yesterday from Ontario!

A....

lol. Ford has indeed called for release of the tape, because he knows it can't be released. It is part of the evidence in the extortion case against his dealer, and the trial is not yet scheduled. He knows he is safe to politick this way.

He has not addressed the crack issue at all, The issue of getting hammered in public he has apologized for, and he promised not to do it again. He says he will just get hammered at home and I hope he will now properly recycle his vodka bottles and not throw them in the trash.The mayor should set an example.

The Forders are indignant that people are assuming it is crack in the crack pipe. There is no way to prove that!It could be crystal meth in the pipe, or marijuana or regular tobacco. Also, if he is a crack head, why is he so fat?

Never imagine I would be casually discussing these things at my age! I feel so hip.

The Forders are indignant that people are assuming it is crack in the crack pipe. There is no way to prove that!It could be crystal meth in the pipe, or marijuana or regular tobacco. Also, if he is a crack head, why is he so fat?

Never imagine I would be casually discussing these things at my age! I feel so hip.

Yes this paid commercial announcement was brought to you by the Gettin Jiggy With Carol YouTube channel.

Here is something that , seriously, alarms and saddens me. Yesterday Ford was on his bullypulpit radio show, saying "What more can I do? I've made mistakes and not perfect. \I won't get drunk in public anymore. etc etc"

A supporter calls to air his views. "Rob, I support you 100 percent, you are doing your job and saving our tax money. Personally I think what a person does in his free time doesn`t matter as long as he does his job. Even if somebody does smoke crack, that is only his own business as long as it doesn`t affect his job.`

And in the background of this call I heard kids shouting, young kids. They were hearing their father, presumably on his free time from his job, say that it is OK to smoke crack and the business only of the crack smoker.

I am not yet hip enough to know the answer to that. I have read that heroin addicts can function, but not crack addicts. Also that you can do both heroin and crack but not become addicted and be an occasional user.

The latest reports on you guys from across the border is the alleged crackhead has allowed/ordered the tape to be released and that he is going to have to get help/treatment for this issue.

However, there is nothing on-line:

toronto-mayor-rob-ford-im-not-a-crackhea

Brett Gundlock, Reuters

Rob Ford: I'm not a crackhead.

Can you guys rent him out to Macy's Parade this year?
We can put him on a big crack pipe float, or, he could be the big crack pipe float.

This guy had a 70% approval rate?

You realize that according to Moralist's standards it is the people of Toronto that share his morals because he was elected by you!

And I saw you sneak in that new member yesterday from Ontario!

A....

Hey Adam, Brother, that was not Rob or his brother Doug. It was his Other Brother Doug. He is a good guy who does not get let out of the house much and will benefit from the ideals of the Order by having different Brothers from Rob and Other Doug. Also he paid five years of membership dues in advance, in cash.

Hey Adam, Brother, that was not Rob or his brother Doug. It was his Other Brother Doug. He is a good guy who does not get let out of the house much and will benefit from the ideals of the Order by having different Brothers from Rob and Other Doug. Also he paid five years of membership dues in advance, in cash.

Ah. Got it.

Did yeah hear'd about the southern imbeciles, morons, geez, I have so many groups to blame...

Too busy with northern morons. Now Ford has admitted he smoked crack, but only because he was in, his words, "one of my drunken stupors." So that is OK then. Meantime his brother Doug has called on the Police Chief to step down.