The Psychology of Evitaspeak...

Selene

Be prepared voters, we are about to see the language become meaningless, or, so detailed as to be meaningless.

Evita explained:

...... that emails on the private server she used when she was secretary of state contained material that is now classified

I love this one...Evita's...I did not do it...it was not classified when I had it...and did you not say that it was not you who decided it? So, you are an ignorant violator of the laws?

the material had been retroactively classified out of an abundance of caution by U.S. intelligence agencies.

This one is just priceless, just think atrophied rotting pretzel...

“She was at worst a passive recipient of unwitting information that subsequently became deemed as classified,” said Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Mrs. Clinton’s campaign.

A...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-says-classified-emails-were-on-server-1440030491

Several commentators seem positive Old Hickory Clinton will be in legal trouble and will leave the race. I will believe it when I see it. Judge Napolitano and others think what she did was worse than General Patreaus. I think Congressman Gowdy is measuring her for the orange jump suit, but the cynic in me says political progressives are pardoned of all sins by their spinners, supporters, and Progressive presidents who want their legacy of Obamacare to be praised for eight more years and preserved.

As Scooby Doo says, “Rut Row.”

From Patriot Update: Michelle Obama Likely Planning 2016 Presidential Run . . . .

And,
From The Conservative Tribune: While Barack and Michelle Obama may have been a power couple during the former’s two terms as president of the United States, it has been rumored that the first lady has big plans following her stay at the White House — plans that do not involve her husband.

Hillary Clinton may think she is a shoe-in for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, but that may not be the case it Michelle decides to throw her hat in the ring.

Columbia University professor Dorian Warren brought the idea up on Alex Wagner’s MSNBC show, saying: “I want to start a whisper campaign on your show right now. I think we should draft Michelle Obama to run.”

On April 30, Michelle joked on “The Late Show with David Letterman” about a presidential run. Since then, bumper stickers reading “Michelle ’16” in the style of Barack Obama’s old campaign logo have started to pop-up . . . .

Sometimes going off subject is fun too. According to Wiki, Dub had four siblings: Minnie Margret Taylor, Maud Clare Taylor, George Taylor and Edna Fay Taylor. I have a great uncle George and I think that may be the connection. I think I met Minnie when I was a kid. And I had a great aunt Margarite, (not Margret) and my Dad’s Mom’s middle name was Maud. I have a cousin Fay. Per Wiki, Dub loved field sports and was seen often with his much-loved 28 gauge Parker shotguns. My grandfather Harley Hopkins Taylor was a champion skeet shooter too. I have a family tree somewhere and I will look me up when I find it.
Peter

From Wikipedia, Dub Taylor: His acting roles, even during his Cannonball period, were not confined to these films. He had bit parts in a number of classic films, including Mr. Smith Goes to Washington with James Stewart, A Star Is Born, and Them!, along with dozens of television roles. Taylor was cast regularly alongside Alan Hale, Jr., in the syndicated Casey Jones television series, in the role of Jones' fireman, Wally. Taylor can also be seen in a brief role in No Time for Sergeants as the Callville representative of the draft board who summons Andy Griffith from his rural home to the United States Air Force. In A Hole in the Head (1959) directed by Frank Capra, Taylor plays the Garden of Eden Hotel clerk for hotel owner Frank Sinatra. He has scenes with Edward G. Robinson, Carolyn Jones, Ruby Dandridge and Eddie Hodges.
Observant fans who saw the 1954 feature film Dragnet watched him in an uncredited role at the start of the movie; his character, gangster Miller Starkie, is killed in the opening scene. He had a small role in the 1958 Walt Disney film Tonka as a rustler of stray horses for sale.

He joined Sam Peckinpah's stock company in 1965's Major Dundee as a professional horse thief, and appeared subsequently in that director's The Wild Bunch (as a prohibitionist minister who gets his flock shot up by the title outlaws in the film's infamous opening scene), Junior Bonner, The Getaway, and Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, as an aging, eccentric outlaw friend of Billy's. He also appeared in Michael Cimino's crime film Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.

Despite his extensive career as a character actor in a wide array of varying roles, Taylor's niche was in westerns, of which he appeared in literally dozens of films. He was in The Undefeated with John Wayne and Rock Hudson, in which he played an ill-tempered chuckwagon cook with a cat. Arguably, his most memorable role was playing the father of Michael J. Pollard's C.W. Moss in Bonnie and Clyde. Taylor also co-starred in the 1971 movie, Support Your Local Gunfighter, as the drunken Doc Shultz, who removes star James Garner's chest tattoo, which reads "I Love Goldie."

He is also remembered for his trademark bowler hat, which he wore in most of his appearances. He was also known for his wild gray hair, an unshaven bristly face, squinty eyes, and his raspy voice and cackle. He put that voice to use, alongside fellow western veterans like Jeanette Nolan and Pat Buttram, in the Disney animated feature The Rescuers, as Digger the mole. In the early 1980s, Taylor appeared as the cartoonish sidekick of a John Wayne-like cowboy called "The Gumfighter", exclaiming "Hubba Bubba wins again!" in a series of Western-themed Hubba Bubba bubble gum commercials. He wore it too when he played Mr. Tucker, a political party chairman, in Used Cars.

In 1967, Taylor played the Colorado silver miner "Chicken Bill" Lovell in the episode "Chicken Bill" of the syndicated series Death Valley Days, hosted by Robert Taylor. Don Haggerty played Horace Tabor. In the story line, Lovell salts his mine to get Tabor to pay off Lovell's lingering debt and to fund his continued operation.[2]

On television, Taylor appeared often in such roles as a talkative hotel clerk or a court bailiff. He guest starred in "The Outlander", the fifth episode of the ABC/Warner Bros. western series, Cheyenne, starring Clint Walker, the first hour-long western on the networks. Taylor guest starred three times in the syndicated western series The Range Rider, starring Jock Mahoney and Dick Jones, and in the episode "The Last Rebellion" of another syndicated western series 26 Men, true stories of the Arizona Rangers starring Tris Coffin.

Taylor guest starred in two episodes of CBS's anthology series, The Lloyd Bridges Show (1962–1963) in episodes entitled "My Child Is Yet a Stranger" and "The Tyrees of Capital Hill". In 1965, he portrayed Marshal Denny Moran in "Yahoo" of NBC's western series, Laredo. In 1966, he was cast as Dude Meeker on the same series in the unusually-titled episode "Limit of the Law Larkin."

In 1967, he appeared on the short-lived ABC military-western Custer, starring Wayne Maunder in the title role. He guest starred on NBC's The High Chaparral western series. Taylor also appeared on CBS's The Andy Griffith Show as the preacher who married Charlene Darling to Dud Wash, as postmaster Talbert, and as the brother-in-law of town handyman Emmett Clark, who convinced Emmett to give up his shop and sell insurance for a living.

Taylor also appeared in sitcoms, including NBC's Hazel, with Shirley Booth. His character Mitch Brady, owner of a local cab company and a frequent boyfriend of Hazel's. He was cast with Lucille Ball in an episode of CBS's I Love Lucy and also guest-starred on The Brian Keith Show and in a fourth-season episode of The Cosby Show, both on NBC.

Taylor played a recurring character, Houston Lamb, over the course of four episodes of Little House On The Prairie in seasons six and seven (1979 to 1981). His character worked and lived at the school for the blind in Sleepy Eye.
Taylor's later years on television were consumed by his weekly appearances on the long-running country music/comedy show Hee Haw. Taylor's participation lasted six seasons, 1985–1991, where he was mostly seen as a regular in the Lulu's Truck Stop skit featuring Lulu Roman and Gailard Sartain. Taylor's routine was to complain about the food being served. And, in a classic portrayal of his comic abilities, Taylor appeared in several episodes of CBS's Designing Women as a somewhat off-the-beam rustic who becomes enamored of the women from Sugarbaker's during a camping expedition.
Dub Taylor made at least two film cameos in the early 1990s. In Back to the Future Part III, he appeared alongside veteran Western actors Pat Buttram and Harry Carey, Jr.. His last appearance was in the film Maverick, as a hotel room clerk.
In 1994, he appeared in a commercial for Pace Foods, where he portrays one of four participants in a fair's "Dip-Off" contest, where he and two other competitors use their "secret ingredient" of Pace Picante Sauce in their dips. When the fourth participant holds up a jar of "Mexican Sauce" as a "secret ingredient", Taylor shouts, "That stuff's made in New York City!", causing his competitors to shout "NEW YORK CITY?!" and all three give the "Mexican Sauce" user the rough treatment.[3]

Dub loved field sports and was seen often with his much-loved 28 gauge Parker shotguns. He was a common fixture at many of the popular Southern California trap and skeet ranges about Los Angeles.

Biden for Prez? There have been too many leaks for it not to be true, though Biden has not officially announced and may do it a month from now. Joe would not have the Teflon coat that Donald has but if Trump is forgiven some gaffs I am sure Biden would be forgiven too.

Peter

Some snips from WASHINGTON (AP) August 25, 2015. — President Barack Obama is the man in the middle, caught between the White House aspirations of two of his closest advisers: Vice President Joe Biden and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. For months, White House officials expected Clinton to be the Democratic nominee in the 2016 election. Some of Obama's top political advisers moved to New York to run her campaign and Obama appeared to give his tacit approval, saying she would be an "excellent president."

But that bet on Clinton suddenly looks less certain. With Biden weighing his own presidential run more seriously amid signs of weakness in Clinton's campaign, the White House faces the prospect of a family feud over who will become heir to Obama's legacy. "Certainly he's got something at stake here," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Monday of Obama's interest in the 2016 election. Biden's recent overtures to donors and Democratic officials have led to palpable awkwardness in the West Wing as aides — many with close ties to Clinton, the vice president or both — try to maintain impartiality.

Earnest raised the prospect that Obama could endorse a candidate in the Democratic primary, though others close to the president say it's unlikely he'd publicly put his thumb on the scale if Clinton and Biden were locked in a close contest.
In picking between Biden and Clinton, Obama would be making a choice between two of the most influential members of his administration. Obama and Clinton long ago turned their political rivalry from the 2008 primary into an alliance. Clinton left the administration in early 2013 after four years as Obama's secretary of state, but she and the president still get together for occasional meetings. They both attended a birthday party in Martha's Vineyard last week for Democratic powerbroker Vernon Jordan, and Obama played golf on the tony Massachusetts island with former President Bill Clinton.

However, some White House officials were irked by revelations that Clinton sidestepped administration guidelines by using a private email account on her own computer server to do State Department business. Privately, some Obama allies also say they're miffed at Clinton's handling of the email controversy, which continues to dog her campaign.

Meanwhile, Obama and Biden appear to have developed a genuine friendship during their six-and-a-half years in the White House. When Biden's son, Beau, died of brain cancer earlier this year, Obama delivered a moving eulogy in which he referred to the vice president as a "brother." In the weeks after the younger Biden's death, Obama made sure the vice president was by his side for high-profile administration announcements.

Earnest said Obama viewed his selection of Biden as a running mate as the smartest decision of his political career.
"I think that should give you some sense of the president's view of Vice President Biden's aptitude for the top job," Earnest said.

On Monday, Obama and Biden met for their weekly lunch in the president's private dining room. Both men spent much of August on family vacations and their lunch marked their first in-person meeting since Biden stepped up his deliberations and outreach about a possible campaign. Those close to Obama and Biden insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the vice president's deliberations or the White House's view of the 2016 race.

Of course, what's at stake for Obama in the 2016 election is more than just his personal relationships with Clinton and Biden. Much of his legacy is contingent on a Democratic president maintaining his policies on immigration, health care and climate change, as well as the nuclear agreement with Iran. Since announcing her candidacy in April, Clinton has largely backed Obama's policies. However, she's distanced herself from his decision to approve offshore oil drilling in the Artic and said she would have voted against his bid to get fast-track authority for an Asia-Pacific trade deal if she were still in the Senate. Clinton has more latitude than Biden in breaking with Obama policies given that her portfolio in the administration was largely limited to foreign affairs. The vice president, however, has been a central figure in wide-ranging administration policies and has been the point person on everything from the economic stimulus to gun control legislation to Ukraine.

REPORT: The FBI put its 'A-team' on the 'extremely serious' Hillary Clinton email probe, , By Natasha Bertrand and Michael B Kelley 6 hours ago
The "extremely serious" investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she served as secretary of state is being led by an FBI "A-team," an intelligence source told Fox News. The source said the investigation is centered around 18 US Code 793, a section of the Espionage Act related to gathering and transmitting national-defense information.
Two emails reportedly found on Clinton's server from 2009 and 2011 contained information regarded as "Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information," one of the highest levels of classification. The two emails were drawn out of a batch of 40 randomly selected from about 30,000 "work-related" emails that Clinton turned over to the State Department from her time as secretary of state, from 2009 to 2013. Some of the information — such as communications intercepted via satellite or drone — is protected under the law 18USC798, which means they have tighter rules and higher penalties.
Massimo Calabresi of Time recently noted that the law "makes it a crime not just to knowingly mishandle such secrets, but also to use them 'in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States.'" As a result, the FBI's investigation has gone "way beyond what the intelligence community's Inspector General ever would do," a senior intelligence official familiar with the case told Time. The New York Times reported that the FBI's "unusual" decision to run the investigation out of its headquarters in Washington, DC. "Nearly all [FBI] investigations are assigned to one of the bureau’s 56 field offices," according to The Times.

"But given this inquiry’s importance, senior FBI officials have opted to keep it closely held in Washington in the agency’s counterintelligence section, which investigates how national security secrets are handled."
end quote

The FBI A Team? Smells like team spirit to me! Let’s see, if Obama didn’t unleash the hounds of justice, then who has the power to do such a thing? Could it be his second in command, Vice President Biden? If so, it is power well exercised. Good job, Joe.
Peter

From Yahoo news: Pleading the Fifth: Worker who set up Clinton’s private server chooses silence. A former State Department employee who helped Hillary Rodham Clinton set up her private email server said he will assert his Fifth Amendment right not to testify before the House committee on Benghazi. Attorneys for Brian Pagliano sent the committee a letter Monday saying their client would not testify at a hearing planned for next week. The panel subpoenaed Pagliano last month. The top Democrat on the Benghazi committee, Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, wrote that he is not surprised that Pagliano would wish to take the Fifth, given what Cummings calls the “wild and unsubstantiated accusations” against Clinton, the former secretary of state and current Democratic presidential candidate.
end quote

This is the end of the world as we know it. (And I Feel Fine) R.E.M.

I can’t WAIT to see some sort of testimony from Old Hickory Clinton’s State Department fixer. Is there an exemption from taking the fifth if a case of espionage is involved or if a computer was hacked containing Secret, State Department documents? There should be as occurs in the Armed Services. If a soldier is under oath in a military court he can’t plead the fifth.
Peter

Notes:
The Fifth: No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

If a soldier is under oath in a military court he can’t plead the fifth.

And you would be completely wrong in that belief...

5/3/2007 - MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, Mont. -- "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law ..." How many of you have heard those words before? Pretty much anyone who has seen an episode of "Law and Order" or "CSI" watched the cops read suspects their rights. The Fifth Amendment of the Constitution requires law enforcement to give these warnings when questioning a suspect in custody. The question is, do you have those same rights as a military member? The answer to that is absolutely.

Military members are guaranteed that right under the Fifth Amendment, but are also subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. The UCMJ is not just a tool for commanders to hold Airmen accountable; there are individual protections and rights in various sections of the code. Such as Article 31, which is similar to certain Fifth Amendment rights, particularly the right to remain silent.

Here...

SUSPECT RIGHTS

Self-Incrimination Protections. The military justice system provides an accused rights and due process that in many ways are superior to those provided a defendant in civilian criminal courts. Pursuant to Article 31, Uniform Code of Military Justice (Section 831 of Title 10, United States Code), servicemembers have a right against self-incrimination and an entitlement to be informed of the suspected offense(s) before questioning begins. In addition to protections against self-incrimination, servicemembers have a right to free military counsel when questioned as a suspect of committing an offense, upon preferral of court-martial charges, or initiation of arrest or apprehension.

In the military justice system, these rights are afforded much earlier in the criminal justice system than in civilian practice. These rights and protections apply whenever the servicemember is questioned as a suspect of an offense. In civilian practice, Miranda rights or warnings are not required unless there is custodial interrogation by law enforcement personnel. In fact, the U. S. Supreme Court referenced the military’s "warning rights" practice under Article 31, UCMJ, when deciding to establish the "Miranda Warning" requirement. A showing of indigence is required before a defendant is provided counsel without cost in the civilian system.

Article 31, UCMJ Rights. Article 31 has two important parts:

No one subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice may compel any person to incriminate himself or to answer any question the answer that may tend to incriminate him.

No person subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice may interrogate, or request any statement from a person suspected of an offense without first informing him of the nature of the accusation, that he does not have to made a statement regarding the offense, and that any statement may be used against him as evidence in a trial by court-martial.

http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/Portals/135/MJFACTSHTS%5B1%5D.html

I won’t stand completely corrected though I thank you for your info Adam. As soldiers, we were told that if you are ordered to answer a question you answer the question or you will end up in the stockade. That is at the investigative, pretrial stage of things. So if you are now allowed to plead the fifth (which still may NOT be the case if Secret clearances are involved) I still think your military lawyer will always advise you to speak the truth. I remember my Dad about 30 years ago, saying you could not plead the fifth in the Navy. If the military is now allowing transgender people to be soldiers and use the women's bathroom I think your code of military justice may be a recent development.
Peter

Some notes my daughter took from The Focus of the army school system which doesn't prove much - What is the highest military value (courage, honesty?) How mil. Is distinguished from civilians- scope of service, level of responsibility, extent of personal liability, monopoly of practice 3 clients- must uphold constitution, social order, members of the profession itself.

I found another paper from one of my daughters about free speech, dangerous times, and the military. This is just a few snips from Schenck v. United States. My daughters both have a stubborn libertarian streak. Again this proves little. I just like bragging.

Peter

The case of Schenck v. United States deals with limitations on free speech during times of war. Justice Holmes classifies Schencks pamphlets as a clear and present danger to the nation, because they might interfere with the conscription process. If Schencks pamphlets presented a clear and present danger, couldnt any literature voicing dissenting opinions in war-time be suppressed as well? Under the Espionage Act, anything that could potentially cause insubordination in the military was illegal. This leaves no room for dissenting opinions, and sharply conflicts with one of this nations most important principles, free speech.

Justice Holmes relates Schencks pamphlets to someone falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic (587). This comparison seems illogical to me. Nothing in the pamphlets was false, it was simply a matter of opinion. It seems more like Schenck was trying to enlighten people on their Constitutional rights, while also sharing his own views.

It bothers me that something like the Espionage Act was ever a law in America. It seems like something from Soviet Russia, or Orwells 1984. Why should the government be so concerned over one persons views? If the governments actions are truly justified, then the people will be on the governments side. If the people do not feel the actions are just, then it is their right to express that. Without dissent, positive progress and reform would be impossible. It bothers me even more that almost a century later, some of the same tactics are being employed by the government, via the Patriot Act. Didnt we learn from this mistake the first time around?

end quote