We should have quarantined Africa 50 years ago

Wolf DeVoon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk radio is truly pessimistic about the spread of Ebola and a local hospital employee was saying a regular hospital would be overwhelmed by the disease. Currently one and a half to two people are getting the disease from every one infected person. I saw a man in a hazmat suit spraying the latest victims sidewalk.

As mentioned, soon, caregivers may strike in America like they did in a Spanish hospital from fear of the disease. Calling the spread a breakdown is not satisfactory. I worry about local flights coming in and a black kid who was coughing behind me at the inside line at Wendys. Maybe I am being morbid, but what about the ventilation exhaust from hospitals?

My wife was saying she would like to see The Judge but I passed on it. Who wants to go to a movie nowadays? I have always thought that is where I pick up colds.

I got the double dose flu vaccine three days ago (for the privileged class) at the VA and my arm is still a bit sore if I touch it. I wonder if they will give an Ebola shot in the arm or the butt? How big will the needle and dose be? Will Jenny McCarthy say we are getting Ebola from the shots? If someone works at a doctors office or the hospital I think I will avoid them just to be prudent.

Fear mongering and ignorance. What a happy couple.

Ah, William. You get me. I try to mix provocative ideas with humor so that I am not preaching or shaking a finger at altruistic idiots, just not as well as Stephen Colbert, but I have been doing it a lot longer to lesser results. Run on sentence. Fix before sending.

Ah, William. You get me. I try to mix provocative ideas with humor so that I am not preaching or shaking a finger at altruistic idiots, just not as well as Stephen Colbert, but I have been doing it a lot longer to lesser results. Run on sentence. Fix before sending.

I got you too--a long time ago, Peter. But now I'm confused. Because of subjective value considerations my get must be different than William's.

--Brant

Has anyone made the point yet that otrhomyxoviridae (like the flu) kill more than 1000% more people on any given year than filoviridae (like ebola). Perhaps it is airports in general that should be quarantined as well as their hotels and areas of tge city they serve.

Or more conveniently "safe zones" could be the ones quarantined or prepared for isolation, something like idk a gulch.

Has anyone made the point yet that otrhomyxoviridae (like the flu) kill more than 1000% more people on any given year than filoviridae (like ebola). Perhaps it is airports in general that should be quarantined as well as their hotels and areas of tge city they serve.

Or more conveniently "safe zones" could be the ones quarantined or prepared for isolation, something like idk a gulch.

Ebola seems to be just out of the starting gate.

--Brant

malaria kills millions of babies because of the demonization of DDT