Jindal reversal on Common Core

Bobby Jindal has reversed his stance on Common Core, possibly because he's gearing up for a presidential run in 2016. I'd like to be excited about this as it directly impacts my son's education. I'm not sure the Archdiocese of NOLA (under whose control my son's private school falls) would have adopted Common Core so readily if not for Jindal's support. Whether they will also start back-tracking remains to be seen, of course.

It's 4 years too late really, but I'm an optimist.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/18/jindal-to-announce-action-against-common-core/

(For all the newcomers here who don't know me, yes, I send my son to Catholic school. In light of the abysmal state of public education in southeast Louisiana, I decided that I would rather un-school Catholicism than public school indoctrination.)

Extremely disappointing.

Well, he loses my support with that position change.

I don't get it. Why is the FoxNews story bad news? It could be better - the opposition rolls over without protest, Jindal comes out for full privatization statewide, congress decides to repeal Common Core - but Jindal's move looks to be a net improvement.

Adam, to be clear, Jindal was an early supporter of Common Core and pushed it heavily in Louisiana. He is now speaking out against Common Core.

Peter, on the Common Core subject, this reversal is a net improvement. It feels a bit hollow personally, though, simply because I know it will be hard for the school systems, both public and private, to backtrack now since they've already invested in implementation. And they did so, in great part, because he shoved it down our throats.

Adam, to be clear, Jindal was an early supporter of Common Core and pushed it heavily in Louisiana. He is now speaking out against Common Core.

Deanna:

Thanks for the clarification. He has always been acceptable to me, however, he is an awful speaker and would not be a good Presidential candidate.

I am surprised that he supported Common Core, I was not aware of that.

A...

• 5 months later...

• 3 months later...

Bobby Jindal Unveils Plan to Eliminate Common Core in Louisiana

“This legislation will help us get Common Core out of Louisiana once and for all,” Jindal said in a statement. “We will not accept this one-sized-fits-all approach to our children’s education. The package of legislation will make clear that the federal government or third parties do not have control over Louisiana’s schools, and help ensure that Louisiana parents and teachers create Louisiana standards and curriculum.”

I have a perfect young man that Jindal can hire as a consultant...

PHOENIX, Ariz. – Fifth grader Aaron Bencomo brought the Arizona Senate Education Committee to tears as he testified in support of HB2190, a bill to end Common Core in the Grand Canyon state.

With his mom Kristi sitting to his left beaming with pride, Aaron decimates the “one size fits all” Common Core standards detailing how they are destroying his love of leaning as they ignore kids’ unique learning needs for the sake of conformity.

I dare you not to tear up as Aaron cites from the Declaration of Independence to support his desire for the adults in the room to stand up against tyranny and fight in his defense when he closes by saying, “It is your right to alter or abolish Common Core as I cannot.”

Aaron's testimony goes till the seven (7) minute mark...A...

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is not a good picture of the future of education in America...

300DCB4A00000578-3394331-image-a-2_14525

Project Veritas scores again!!!

Acorn, Planned Parenthood ... good job!

These are more astounding videos from the real world!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3394331/Textbook-sales-leader-says-national-Common-Core-education-standards-money.html