The Canadian State As Parent - Breathtakingly Stupid and Dangerous!

Dad Arrested, Strip-Searched After Daughter Draws a Picture of a Gun in School

Jesse-Sansone.jpg

Jesse Sansone was arrested and strip-searched after his 4-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun in school. (Image source: Waterloo Region Record)

A Canadian father was arrested and strip-searched Wednesday after his 4-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun in her kindergarten class.

Ontario dad Jesse Sansone told the Toronto Sun his little girl’s drawing was supposed to be him, getting monsters and bad guys. Her teacher apparently thought differently, and the school contacted child protective services. When Sansone arrived to pick his daughter up, three police officers were waiting to take him into custody.

“I’m picking up my kids and then, next thing you know, I’m locked up,” he told the Waterloo Region Record. “I was in shock. This is completely insane.”

Police questioned Sansone’s daughter and his other children, who gave a “detailed description” of a firearm supposedly located in the house and easily accessible to them, Inspector Kevin Thaler of the Waterloo Regional Police said, according to the Calgary Herald.

“The kids were scared,” Thaler. “It is a 4-year-old that we’re taking the information from, but the fact is that this disclosure was very descriptive and very alarming to the officers investigating this.”

He said the arrest was made “because it was the end of the school day” and officers felt they needed to “secure and locate the firearm.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dad-arrested-strip-searched-after-daughter-draws-a-picture-of-a-gun-in-school/

===============================

Now, I know all you Canadians feel soooo much safer now!

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was the threat of monsters that the police were most concerned about. Four-year-olds are the only ones that provide any pertinent information to to locating and eliminating the monster threat.

Seriously, though, did the four-year-old have to sign anything for them to get the warrant? Or did they just superimpose it from the bottom corner of the picture with the gun?

I think it was the threat of monsters that the police were most concerned about. Four-year-olds are the only ones that provide any pertinent information to to locating and eliminating the monster threat.

Seriously, though, did the four-year-old have to sign anything for them to get the warrant? Or did they just superimpose it from the bottom corner of the picture with the gun?

Calvin:

I was surprised that our Canadian brethren did not get up in arms about the violation of individual rights, but since it involved an imaginary picture of an imaginary gun, I am sure that the civil libertarians in Canada thought it was justified to arrest the man on the suspicion that he might even be thinking about a gun!

Thought crimes are punishable in the evolved bastion of liberty and freedom that is Canada!

Adam

Calvin:

I was surprised that our Canadian brethren did not get up in arms about the violation of individual rights, but since it involved an imaginary picture of an imaginary gun, I am sure that the civil libertarians in Canada thought it was justified to arrest the man on the suspicion that he might even be thinking about a gun!

Thought crimes are punishable in the evolved bastion of liberty and freedom that is Canada!

Adam

The depictions of children are taken seriously in our Collective, as are their thoughts and feelings. As guns are uncommon in households here, any suspicion that they might feature prominently in the life of a small child, should be investigated. If we are overzealous, O galt forgive us.

Komrade Karol

your sistren

stock-photo-portrait-of-young-pioneer-on-white-background-75959848.jpg144493-003-5F9FA7EF.gifmember of a Communist organization for children aged nine and under, closely associated with the Komsomol for youth aged 14 to 28

O'Canada ! To sell your immortal soul for Wales!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-nJR15e0F4

I live in Toronto now, and have always lived in Canada.

I remember when I was about five years old I told my mom after school that my teacher had lightly slapped me in the back of the head. My mom called the school and we had to have a parent/teacher/principle meeting. During the meeting, the teacher that had slapped me threatened my mom by showing her a thing I'd written in class about how my mom had hit me in the head with a comb one morning.

It was a true story... but I was annoying her while she was brushing her hair. It's pretty funny to think of that old bitch taking out the incriminating document and sliding it across the table like she was a private investigator blackmailing an inside trader or something. Nothing came of any of it.

I heard the next year the same teacher had pulled a girls hair.

• 5 weeks later...

A 12 year old was arrested here yesterday for having a gun in his backpack.

When my son was 12, he picked up his brother's backpack by mistake and took it to school. In it was a huge sharp scary looking Scout hunting knife. He arrived home shaking in relief that it had not been discovered.

Innocent times in Toronto.