A Question of Sanction, Redux

Alfonso Jones

Hmm, those flyers I've been getting in the mail, with the Mexican flag and the American flag on the same pole--the Mexican flag on top, and the American flag upside down--give me the distinct impression that Ron Paul and his organization have been sucking up.

But not to the Left...

Robert Campbell

Robert

I don't know what you mean by "his organization". The official campaign has only a few dozen people working on it. And they are not responsible for most of the buzz. Nice people, but they can't even get their act together enough to fill completely or to mail out paid-in-full brochure orders for/to campaigners on a timely basis.

But there are over 84,000 volunteers (at last count), self-organized through Meetup-dot-com, who have essentially hijacked his campaign, and are portraying it as a run for each person's personal platform -- there are constitutionalists, libertarians, sound-money people, law'n'order types, 9-11 truthers, LEAP supporters, anti-tax people, pro-national sovereignty/anti-UN/anti-NWO/anti-one-world government types, anti-Fed/anti-CFR/anti-Bilderburg/anti-Trilateral Commission/anti-Bohemian Grove/anti-Rothschild/anti-Rockefeller types, pro-peace people, open-border people, closed-border people, anti-fascist/anti-corporate types, capitalists, free-trade people, pro-life people, states-rights people, gun-rights people, property-rights people, anti-Patriot Act people, pro-Civil Rights people, MUFON types, historians, Catholic Christians, Jews, Zionists, even some Objectivists. And then there are the certifiable nut cases, like the Republican Liberty Caucus (their PAC is headed by Ron Paul himself). But every single one of these people believes that Dr. Paul is speaking to and for them.

It is estimated that there will be over 100K volunteers by the time of the Florida primary, and nearly a quarter of a million by the time the general presidential election occurs.

But none in the Meetup groups is directed by campaign headquarters; these are true grassroot efforts. It is how a $4.3 million "Money Bomb" was raised from over 37,000 individuals in one day; it is why there were planes and boats and trolleys at the CNN/YouTube debates, filled with volunteers (dwarfing the support of other candidates); it is why there will now be a Ron Paul Blimp traveling around the country from now till the primaries; it is why there will be another "Money Bomb" fundraiser on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party (December 16). None of this is directed by official campaign headquarters.

Now, as far as "sucking up" goes, each of these supporters has his own beliefs, own standards, own values, and trying to get any particular group of them work together is like trying to herd cats. So how exactly does one "suck up" to himself?

[And should anyone doubt the point of a North American Union, using NAFTA and the SPP as a basis for it, and creating a new currency, the Amero, to replace the U.S. dollar, I would refer you to The Late Great U.S.A.by Dr. Jerome Corsi, as well as Vicente Fox's recent comments that he and President Bush were planning exactly that, a North American Union, in all of their NAFTA/SPP negotiations. I also refer you to this graphic, and ask if there is subterfuge being used to finance this project on Route 35 with our tax dollars, surreptitiously:

NASCO_Bridge.jpg

Steve,

The flyer I mentioned, with the Mexican flag above an upside-down American flag, was professionally printed in color (with reasonably good quality graphics). Along with several others in the same series (I've received five other flyers on other subjects), it claims to be coming from Ron Paul for President headquarters at what looks like a real address in Greenville, South Carolina.

Are you telling me that Ron Paul has no clue about any of the campaign literature being printed up and circulated in his name by people in South Carolina? (An early primary state...)

The flyer does complain (briefly) about the proposed North American Union.

But the big messages include the proclamation that illegal immigrants should be expelled from the USA because they are illegal, full stop. (Not an argument I expected to be prominently featured by a libertarian.)

And there's this declaration that Ron Paul will "end birthright citizenship." Wouldn't getting rid of birthright citizenship require an amendment to the Constitution? And even if it didn't, should the United States really be adopting immigration policies characteristic of such countries as Germany, or Switzerland, or Japan?

Sorry, but when you put the content and the graphics together it's hard not to conclude that the author of this flyer is intentionally appealing to hatred of Mexicans.

I never had any sense in the past that Ron Paul either hated Mexicans, or encouraged anyone else to hate Mexicans.

I hope that he has not now decided to close ranks with Lou Dobbs, Bill O'Reilly, Pat Buchanan, and other such wowsers.

But unless Ron Paul publicly repudiates this crap, he will not be getting my vote.

Robert Campbell

Robert; I agree with your last post.

There is an idea that there are a large number of pregnant Mexican woman who wait and until they are ready to give birth and then come across our border. I have been told this narrative is an urban legend.

The 14th amendment would have to be repealed and changed to get rid of birthright citizenship.

Changing or repealing the 14th amendment is neither a conservative or libertarian idea.

• 6 months later...

Point of curiosity:

How do defenders of "Fact and Value" respond to the famous quote from Francisco, speaking to Hank Rearden:

"There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think."

Bill P (Alfonso)

Point of curiosity:

How do defenders of "Fact and Value" respond to the famous quote from Francisco, speaking to Hank Rearden:

"There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think."

Bill P (Alfonso)

Dude that's easy. All other thoughts outside the Pope's are designed to prevent one from thinking.

Next?