Is a $70,000 Base Salary Unjust and Corrupting?

Ed Hudgins

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayn Rand could say that and mean it, because she understood the objective reality of the law of reciprocity.

Greg

However, Greg, very un-Christian.

Mathew 7:1

Judge not, lest you be judged.

Ayn Rand could say that and mean it, because she understood the objective reality of the law of reciprocity.

She did? This? :smile: I thought she never went past high-school algebra.

Nicely done...death by slide rule...

Greg

However, Greg, very un-Christian.

Mathew 7:1

Judge not, lest you be judged.

That simply means when you judge others that same judgement is applied to you, Adam.

Context is everything.

"Do not judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves. For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you use to deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you."

Like so many other things in life... this is another form of self inflicted suffering.

Greg

Very good, that is the correct response.

Which bible translation do you quote from, Greg?

Which bible translation do you quote from, Greg?

Now what in the hell would that matter to a secularist who thinks it's all a bunch of worthless crap. :laugh:

You're a freaking government bureaucrat... so go find out which one it is.

Think of it as a personal test of your googlability.

Greg

(Hint: starts with A... :wink: )

Very good, that is the correct response.

Thanks for the nice setup... :wink:

Greg

I am a good second hitter because I advance the runner into scoring position...

it is called a sacrifice...

A...

William has gone silent while he grinds out another tome in his mother tongue, Bureaucratize. :wink:

Greg

It can be difficult to engage you.

--Brant

I have a riposte racked and ready in dry-dock. I await a sign it draws interest and I will push it into play. It's long and bristled with fun.

Sometimes the unsaid speaks loudly. Most times, I write and then examine any argument I propose. Is it pertinent, is it honest, is it reasoned, is it well-informed and supported, does it ignite and deliver a payload? Does it contain a worthy thought?

... often the thing satisfies a craving enough that I don't hasten to edit and publish. I formalize, test and clarify my thinking and get what I come for, increased acuity, a better grasp.

Sometimes these things I make take on cruel colours and so are best kept ashore. Despite wit. Despite fun.

Greg has prejudged our offerings, I think, Brant, signalling that he knows hearts, minds, motives and means clearly, can diagnose sins at a distance. That amuses me in its presumption, yet I also feel sad when he appears incorrigible. When he appears to cripples his own cognition by his own will, that is never a happy time for all, on OL or off, sad/funny or not.

If we can't reason with Greg, what is the point of engaging? The end products are usually frustration and irrationality.

To reduce discussion to sniping and spam, to descend into personalities without wit? To entertain Greg's 'fun' deployment among the rational, to entertain him? To spend less time at OL trying to post intelligently?

This one slips out of edit bay without champagne.

The difference between you and me William is I understand Greg as a complete person--I mean he's been completely up front--and you only try to engage him partially where you are stronger and he is weaker except he doesn't try back, not really. You are also sporting the supposition he is therefore not valuable but I have personally found him most valuable by focusing on what he's good at or trying to come up with better understanding of just about anything of interest to me not being concerned with convincing him of anything. I'm interested in learning and intellectual productivity, if only in my own head. His doing business philosophy, which includes all his interpersonal relationships, is primo.

He is into put-downism, among some other things. It makes him a lousy house guest, which he is here. But he doesn't stink up the joint all that badly. That's happened with others who were departed/deported/exported. Did you notice he responded to your non-response and why? So he can have something to work off of for his "fun." You obliged. He needs you or such as you. Needs you, wants you, enjoys you--who cares? Are you doing him a favor to do him a favor?

Since you do oblige him there are no substantial grounds for complaint. This is true of all who keep responding to him, including me.

--Brant