The Source Of Violence In Islam

Darrell Cody

If I were inclined to pray, I would pray, Please God ... don't let it happen. But we are on our own. Let us see what happens.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf, I would call this blind faith without evidence because If you are true christian, you would practice the message of Jesus Christ, not what opposes it !

Click here: You Have No Right to Translate Individuals’ Names!

As you know, Jesus never knew trinity nor asked people to invent it.

You are kidding, yes? With a nom de plume like Ba'al Chatzaf is should be fairly clear that I am Jewish. Given a choice between dying and being a Christian I prefer death.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were inclined to pray, I would pray, Please God ... don't let it happen. But we are on our own. Let us see what happens.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf, I would call this blind faith without evidence because If you are true christian, you would practice the message of Jesus Christ, not what opposes it !

Click here: You Have No Right to Translate Individuals’ Names!

As you know, Jesus never knew trinity nor asked people to invent it.

A no-name appears from Egypt and preaches Christ to a Jew on an Objectivist-libertarian board, and finger-wags at that?

I want to extend hospitality to this person, but he (or she) has already abused it.

Let's see what happens.

Michael

Brant,

Go to the second link. This person is doing some kind of Islamic outreach.

But it's half-assed.

I intensely dislike anonymous dishonesty on discussion boards performed in the name of Allah (or God or whatever deity a person believes in).

Talk about hypocrisy!

Michael

If he lives in Egypt maybe he's trying to keep his ass.

-Brant

A no-name appears from Egypt and preaches Christ to a Jew on an Objectivist-libertarian board, and finger-wags at that?

It doesn't get much better, does it? I mean the NewComer Faceplant. Savour this one, for the next one might not be quite as Not Even Wrong ...

It doesn't get much better, does it? I mean the NewComer Faceplant. Savour this one, for the next one might not be quite as Not Even Wrong ...

Only in America. What a country!

Ba'al Chatzaf

Only in America. What a country!

Meanwhile, in America's former favourite off-shore interrogation centre, the secular-up-the-wazoo Syria:

2013-01-21T205025Z_2_CBRE90K19QB00_RTROP

A fighter from the Free Syrian Army's Tahrir al Sham brigade looks at a building destroyed during yesterday's Syrian Air force air strike in Mleha suburb of Damascus January 21, 2013. REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic

Edited by william.scherk

Muslim Sheikh in Italy: Islam is Pro-Israel!

http://unitedwithisrael.org/italian-muslim-sheikh-teaches-islam-supports-israel/

Islam has many faces. Like any religion it's a contradictory collection of verses which could be interpreted differently in accordance to the current political needs.

Right now Islam is a witch's brew of bad, vile memes. Just check the body count. Some religion of Peace Islam is.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Right now Islam is a witch's brew of bad, vile memes...

Bob,

And the memes you try to spread in your posts are better?

Heh.

Michael

I advocate self defense. The Jihadis advocate submission. Now who has the better position?

There is a saying from the Babylonian Talmud: If he is coming to kill you, rise up early and slay him first.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Muslim Sheikh in Italy: Islam is Pro-Israel!

http://unitedwithisrael.org/italian-muslim-sheikh-teaches-islam-supports-israel/

Islam has many faces. Like any religion it's a contradictory collection of verses which could be interpreted differently in accordance to the current political needs.

Right now Islam is a witch's brew of bad, vile memes. Just check the body count. Some religion of Peace Islam is.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Tell me which religion is not? As for body count, Christians used to have very impressive record as well, and today even peaceful Hindus joined the club.

Right now Islam is a witch's brew of bad, vile memes...

Bob,

And the memes you try to spread in your posts are better?

Heh.

Michael

I advocate self defense. The Jihadis advocate submission. Now who has the better position?

There is a saying from the Babylonian Talmud: If he is coming to kill you, rise up early and slay him first.

Ba'al Chatzaf

It derived from Bible ( Deuteronomy 22:26): Habah l'hargecha hashkem l'hargo -- "If someone is coming to kill you, rise against him and kill him first. It's also written " If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods... Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death...Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, ( Deuteronomy 13:6)

Remind you something, doesn't it?

D'varim 22:26 is:

לַנַּעֲרָ לֹא-תַעֲשֶׂה דָבָר, אֵין לַנַּעֲרָ חֵטְא מָוֶת: כִּי כַּאֲשֶׁר יָקוּם אִישׁ עַל-רֵעֵהוּ, וּרְצָחוֹ נֶפֶשׁ--כֵּן, הַדָּבָר הַזֶּה.

You must be using the version of Dvarim from an alternate time line.

Ba'al Chatzaf

So both of you are arguing from entrenched positions tethered to different interpretations of Hebrew references in the old testament versus modern rational, scientific paradigms?

Fascinating on a "Randian rational" site.

It is not all nonsense:

Try this on:

Laws of Justice and Mercy

23 “Do not spread false reports. Do not help a guilty person by being a malicious witness.

2 “Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd, 3 and do not show favoritism to a poor person in a lawsuit.

4 “If you come across your enemy’s ox or donkey wandering off, be sure to return it. 5 If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help them with it.

6 “Do not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits. 7 Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.

8 “Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds those who see and twists the words of the innocent.

9 “Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt.

Some of the stuff is ethically sound.

Ba'al Chatzaf

It is not all nonsense:

Try this on:

Laws of Justice and Mercy

23 Do not spread false reports. Do not help a guilty person by being a malicious witness.

2 Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd, 3 and do not show favoritism to a poor person in a lawsuit.

4 If you come across your enemys ox or donkey wandering off, be sure to return it. 5 If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help them with it.

6 Do not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits. 7 Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.

8 Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds those who see and twists the words of the innocent.

9 Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt.

Some of the stuff is ethically sound.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Some isn't? Such as?

--Brant

Many aren't. All scriptures are an eclectic contradictory mixture of good and bad, rational and irrational, ugly and beautiful, wordily and supernatural, atrocious and merciful. After all, there are summaries of human experience and an attempt of comprehensive view on reality at dawn of civilization.

I believe these pictures are real. You also could find such a pictures of Indian Hindu girls who received the same treatment and for the same reason. Even the head of Russian ballet theatre has been recently assaulted with acid and lost his sight. Islam is responsible for many horrible actions but there is nothing in Islam which would justify this kind of atrocities.