Victory for the Revolution in Egypt

Libertarian Muslim

I know a lot of people are very concerned right now about Egypt's future. But I'm not, today's step of voting in Muhammad Morsi as the president of Egypt is a positive step, mainly because his main opponent, Shafik was a member of Hosni Mubarak's old guard and was the final prime minister, he would not have brought change at all.

I think if Morsi is able to properly limit the military rule that is in place, the way that the AK Party in Turkey has done the same there then there will be many positive steps in the future.

Do I believe that his election will be dangerous for women or Coptic Christians? No, I don't.

Do I believe that it will effect relationships with Israel? I hope not. I was pleased to see Israel's reaction and respect for the democratic process in Egypt and hope they stay that way. I do hope that Egypt takes a more leading role in working towards peace between Israel and the Palestinians and should Israel commit any atrocities against the Palestinians, I hope that Egypt will put pressure on Israel to cease such actions, and should they continue to do so, to intervene by allowing aid and observers into Gaza.

What I am sure that no one wants, including the Muslim Brotherhood is a war with Israel as it would be entirely counter productive.

Egyptians have no psychic need to go to war with Israel--that was taken care of in 1973. They are also not reducible to their dominant religion because of all the evidence all about them of Egypt's glory days over thousands of years as the greatest nation on Earth: Egypt was Rome before Rome and lasted much longer, too.

--Brant

anyway, blow up that dam and that's the end of Egypt

Do I believe that his election will be dangerous for women or Coptic Christians? No, I don't.

Why not? Considering that it was dangerous for them prior to the election, why would it become less dangerous for them afterwards, especially considering that those doing the persecuting are now emboldened?

Do I believe that it will effect relationships with Israel? I hope not. I was pleased to see Israel's reaction and respect for the democratic process in Egypt and hope they stay that way. I do hope that Egypt takes a more leading role in working towards peace between Israel and the Palestinians and should Israel commit any atrocities against the Palestinians, I hope that Egypt will put pressure on Israel to cease such actions, and should they continue to do so, to intervene by allowing aid and observers into Gaza.

What I am sure that no one wants, including the Muslim Brotherhood is a war with Israel as it would be entirely counter productive.

LM,

Yes, that's all very well and nice. If Israel's reaction had of been anything less

than respectful - say that they'd have responded with threats and war talk (er, like Morsi's)- it would not have been acceptable to you? Most un-neighborly, in fact.

But perhaps, like I've been saying, you agree that the talk is, as usual, just bombast,

to be safely ignored.

Beware those double standards, old chap.

LM,

Yes, that's all very well and nice. If Israel's reaction had of been anything less

than respectful - say that they'd have responded with threats and war talk (er, like Morsi's)- it would not have been acceptable to you? Most un-neighborly, in fact.

But perhaps, like I've been saying, you agree that the talk is, as usual, just bombast,

to be safely ignored.

Beware those double standards, old chap.

There was once a German ex corporal who got into politics, was very bombastic and meant every evil word he uttered. The world ignored him until they could not long ignore or control him. I am sorry to say there were many Jews in Germany who said to themselves "Now that he is in power, he will cool off, tone down and be reasonable...." They were quite wrong. There rest was history..... .

So when I hear a Muslim hothead shreak and little spittle fly saying sleep will be driven from the eyes of the Jews, I take him at his word and very serously.

Ba'alChatzaf

Glad to see the Nazis made an early appearance in this thread. That always helps discussion.

Although I have said more than enough about Fear and Morsi in the thread about the botched Breitbart story, I wanted to encourage our own Libertarian Muslim in his sense of liberation.

So, LM, sorry to come after the Nazis were introduced.

What irks me about Ba'al's non-arguments about The Jews and The Muslims is how easily he slips into clanhood. As do you, LM, in this instance, attaching secular hopes and dreams to The Revolution that are not entirely evident in the person and policies of the new President of Egypt.

That said, I share the good feeling that (whatever mucking monster got most votes), a clean, well-supervised French/Indian style national election was accomplished. So, I understand the jubilation of those who feel they, and their party have won, but mine is a more abstract pleasure in the mechanics of democracy: neither Morsi nor Shafiq can I champion.

The speech Morsi gave was good as these things go. To bring in the Nazi analogy -- which is so handy -- we now can compare and contrast his political speeches and promises to the Fuhrer. Since Ba'al seems wedded to the Hitler hypothesis (any Muslim/Islamist elected is like Hitler) ... his knobs go to ten.

It seems odd that Ba'al is concerned about what is after all, a mostly symbolic turning of the page, a bittersweet turning, and not in itself a revolution. The day after tomorrow is not picnic time in Egypt, and the grip of Old Regime and old economic clientelism and the old security state is still firm. Nothing is decided or made by the election except hope (and fear). Not, especially a fearful day for Israel. Not now. Morsi will not control the Egyptian military, nor cause its jets to pound Tel Aviv.

Sad that the only Atheist Jewish Aspie on list cannot see the wisdom of Netanyahu's timely congratulations. All is fear, all is war, all is Nazi death camps for Jews. All knobs to ten.

The most objectivge questions to ask of Mr Hitler, savage monster straddling the Egyptian state (except for the all-powerful SCAF) is What About The Economy?

Will Copts die, churches be attacked, foreigners flee or be at risk? Will electricity flow and roads be repaired and the business of life be tackled with a purpose? Will markets decline or surge? Will tourists and Western investment return? Will housing be built and jobs burgeon and education proceed for Egypt's illiterates?

For those who fear and those who cheer Morsi might ought also have some objective standards to judge performance -- that is if MSK's preferred option fails to obtain. If Morsi/Hitler/KKK is not assassinated, by what benchmarks do we rate his office as it proceeds? Although he now has the title, Morsi will preside over only a part of government, unlike Mr Hitler at his peak.

Here below is some hack judge (or respected legal scholar) of the Egyptian bench, in the (free-est and most independent press in the entire Arab world). Could Mr Hitler have tolerated such a commentary in The Reich? Will Mr Hitler/Morsi ban A Shark?

Let us all be ultra-vigilant, gentlemen (and quiet ladies who may be listening at the smoking room door). But let us set tests for Mr Hitler.

From the Saudi-financed and Saudi-directed Asharq Al-Awsat, a 'pan-Arab' daily in London:

Muslim Brotherhood want to carry out counter-revolution – Egyptian judge

By Mohamed Abdou Hasseinein

Cairo – In an exclusive interview conducted with Asharq Al-Awsat, Judge Tahani El-Gabali, Vice President of Egypt’s Supreme Constitutional Court,

[Al-Gabali] Any new revolution will be a revolution carried out by the Muslim Brotherhood, not the Egyptian people, and this would be to grab power and the state. This would not be an Egyptian popular revolution, which remains the 25 January revolution, which was seeking a modern, democratic state based on a constitution and laws, for the sake of freedom, human dignity and social justice. As for the Brotherhood, they want to carry out a counter-revolution against this revolution, in order to implement the dream of [Muslim Brotherhood founder] Hassan al-Banna.

Edited by william.scherk

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG...THERE NEVER WERE ANY COMMUNIST SPIES IN THE ROOSEVELT ADMINISTRATION, ALGER HISS' MOTHER WAS A PUMPKIN...

Yes this is the extremely ugly beauty challenged Sextretary of State, ready to give America a Sandusky, not a Lewinsky...

hillary-clinton-340x191.jpg

Saleha Mahmood Abedin, the mother of Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff, reportedly served in the women’s division of the Muslim Brotherhood alongside the wife of Egypt’s new president, the Brotherhood’s Mohammed Mursi.

WND previously exposed Abedin represented a Muslim charity known to have spawned terror groups, including one declared by the U.S. government to be an official al-Qaida front.

WND also reported Clinton spoke at Abedin’s Saudi women’s college, where she was introduced by Abedin alongside the Islamic activist’s daughter, Huma, who serves as Clinton’s chief of staff. At the speech, Clinton praised Saleha’s “pioneering work.”

Huma Abedin is also the mother-in-law of disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y.

Now, author Walid Shoebat is reporting that while she acted as one of 63 leaders of the Muslim Sisterhood, the de facto female version of the Muslim Brotherhood, Saleha Abedin served alongside Najla Ali Mahmoud, the wife of Mursi. Both were members of the Sisterhood’s Guidance Bureau, found Shoebat.

Saleha Mahmood Abedin is an associate professor of sociology at Dar Al-Hekma College in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, which she helped to create. She formerly directed the Institute of Muslim Minority Affairs in the U.K. and served as a delegate for the Muslim World League, an Islamic fundamentalist group Osama bin Laden reportedly told an associate was one of his most important charity fronts.

In February 2010, Clinton spoke at Abedin’s college, where she was first introduced by Abedin and then praised the work of the terror-tied professor:

“I have to say a special word about Dr. Saleha Abedin,” Clinton said. “You heard her present the very exciting partnerships that have been pioneered between colleges and universities in the United States and this college. And it is pioneering work to create these kinds of relationships.

“But I have to confess something that Dr. Abedin did not,” Clinton continued, “and that is that I have almost a familial bond with this college. Dr. Abedin’s daughter, one of her three daughters, is my deputy chief of staff, Huma Abedin, who started to work for me when she was a student at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.”

As WND was first to report, Abedin once reportedly represented the Muslim World League, or MWL, a Saudi-financed charity that has spawned Islamic groups accused of terror ties. One of the groups was declared by the U.S. government to be an official al-Qaida front.

Abedin has been quoted in numerous press accounts as both representing the MWL and serving as a delegate for the charity.

In 1995, for example, the Washington Times reported on a United Nations-arranged women’s conference in Beijing that called on governments throughout the world to give women statistical equality with men in the workplace.

The report quoted Abedin, who attended the conference as a delegate, as “also representing the Muslim World League based in Saudi Arabia and the Muslim NGO Caucus.”

The U.N.’s website references a report in the run-up to the Beijing conference also listing Abedin as representing the MWL at the event.

The website posted an article from the now defunct United States Information Agency quoting Abedin and reporting she attended the Beijing conference as “a delegate of the Muslim World League and member of the Muslim Women’s NGO caucus.”

In the article, Abedin was listed under a shorter name, “Dr. Saleha Mahmoud, director of the Institute of Muslim Minority Affairs.”

WND has confirmed the individual listed is Huma Abedin’s mother. The reports misspelled part of Abedin’s name. Her full professional name is at times listed as Saleha Mahmood Abedin S.

Al-Qaida links

The MWL, meanwhile, was founded in Mecca in 1962 and bills itself one of the largest Islamic non-governmental organizations.

But according to U.S. government documents and testimony from the charity’s own officials, it is heavily financed by the Saudi government.

The MWL has been accused of terror ties, as have its various offshoots, including the International Islamic Relief Organization, or IIRO, and Al Haramain, which was declared by the U.S. and U.N. a terror financing front.

Indeed, the Treasury Department, in a September 2004 press release, alleged Al Haramain had “direct links” with Osama bin Laden. The group is now banned worldwide by United Nations Security Council Committee 1267.

There long have been reports citing accusations the IIRO and MWL also repeatedly funded al-Qaida.

In 1993, bin Laden reportedly told an associate that the MWL was one of his three most important charity fronts.

An Anti-Defamation League profile of the MWL accuses the group of promulgating a “fundamentalist interpretation of Islam around the world through a large network of charities and affiliated organizations.”

“Its ideological backbone is based on an extremist interpretation of Islam,” the profile states, “and several of its affiliated groups and individuals have been linked to terror-related activity.”

In 2003, U.S. News and World Report documented that accompanying the MWL’s donations, invariably, are “a blizzard of Wahhabist literature.”

“Critics argue that Wahhabism’s more extreme preachings – mistrust of infidels, branding of rival sects as apostates and emphasis on violent jihad –laid the groundwork for terrorist groups around the world,” the report continued.

An Egyptian-American cab driver, Ihab Mohamed Ali Nawawi, was arrested in Florida in 1990 on accusations he was an al-Qaida sleeper agent and a former personal pilot to bin Laden. At the same time he was accused of serving bin Laden, he also reportedly worked for the Pakistani branch of the MWL.

The MWL in 1988 founded the Al Haramain Islamic Foundation, developing chapters in about 50 countries, including for a time in Oregon until it was designated a terror organization.

In the early 1990s, evidence began to grow that the foundation was funding Islamist militants in Somalia and Bosnia, and a 1996 CIA report detailed its Bosnian militant ties.

The U.S. Treasury designated Al Haramain’s offices in Kenya and Tanzania as sponsors of terrorism for their role in planning and funding the 1998 bombings of two American embassies in East Africa. The Comoros Islands office was also designated because it “was used as a staging area and exfiltration route for the perpetrators of the 1998 bombings.”

The New York Times reported in 2003 that Al Haramain had provided funds to the Indonesian terrorist group Jemaah Islamiyah, which was responsible for the 2002 Bali bombings that killed 202 people. The Indonesia office was later designated a terrorist entity by the Treasury.

In February 2004, the U.S. Treasury Department froze all Al Haramain’s financial assets pending an investigation, leading the Saudi government to disband the charity and fold it into another group, the Saudi National Commission for Relief and Charity Work Abroad.

In September 2004, the U.S. designated Al-Haramain a terrorist organization.

In June 2008, the Treasury Department applied the terrorist designation to the entire Al-Haramain organization worldwide

Bin Laden’s brother-in-law

In August, 2006, the Treasury Department also designated the Philippine and Indonesian branch offices of the MWL-founded IIRO as terrorist entities “for facilitating fundraising for al-Qaida and affiliated terrorist groups.”

The Treasury Department added: “Abd Al Hamid Sulaiman Al-Mujil, a high-ranking IIRO official [executive director of its Eastern Province Branch] in Saudi Arabia, has used his position to bankroll the al-Qaida network in Southeast Asia.

Al-Mujil has a long record of supporting Islamic militant groups, and he has maintained a cell of regular financial donors in the Middle East who support extremist causes.”

In the 1980s, Mohammed Jamal Khalifa, Osama bin Laden’s brother-in-law, ran the Philippines offices of the IIRO. Khalifa has been linked to Manila-based plots to target the pope and U.S. airlines.

The IIRO has also been accused of funding Hamas, Algerian radicals, Afghanistan militant bases and the Egyptian terror group Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya.

The New York Post reported the families of the 9/11 victims filed a lawsuit against IIRO and other Muslim organizations for having “played key roles in laundering of funds to the terrorists in the 1998 African embassy bombings,” and for having been involved in the “financing and ‘aiding and abetting’ of terrorists in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.”

‘Saudi government front’

In a court case in Canada, Arafat El-Asahi, the Canadian director of both the IIRO and the MWL, admitted the charities are near entities of the Saudi government.

Stated El-Asahi: “The Muslim World League, which is the mother of IIRO, is a fully government-funded organization. In other words, I work for the Government of Saudi Arabia. I am an employee of that government.

“Second, the IIRO is the relief branch of that organization, which means that we are controlled in all our activities and plans by the Government of Saudi Arabia. Keep that in mind, please,” he said.

Despite its offshoots being implicated in terror financing, the U.S. government never designated the MWL itself as a terror-financing charity. Many have speculated the U.S. has been trying to not embarrass the Saudi government.

With research by Brenda J. Elliott

Adam's copy/paste of the World Nut Daily report tells us what about Morsi and Fear?

That a former Congressman (Jew)'s wife (Sunni Muslim)'s mom (Saudi) is a close colleague (among bureau of 60-odd ladies) to the wife of the new President of Egypt (Hitler). The wife's mother and President's wife are affiliated with the Muslim World League started by terrorists in 1962. The Muslim married to the Jew wife works with the Methodist Secretary of State and the Secretary of State has met with the wife's (Saudi Terror) mother, even praised her.

What are the facts and what are the fears -- as they pertain to Morsi and Egypt (and Israel). then?

Well, judging by the All-CAPS, spies and traitors are at issue. The Secretary's Muslim married to a Jew secretary peddles USA secrets to her Saudi Terrorist mom, who peddles them to the Saudi government, and also calls up her girlfriend in the tent with eyeholes to give her the secrets her daughter has stolen. Plus Sandusky (cover-up). So says former Muslim Palestinian now American fundamentalist Christian end-times reporter.

If I follow this correctly, there is now a direct line between USA secrets and The Terrorists of Al Qaeda. And ... Something must be done about it.

Maybe it is worse than that. The Secretary herself may be implicated. She covered up the blowjobs, has lap-danced the Saudi King, and now covers up the terror-monger tented Sisterhood of Evul that advises (or does dishes, bears children for) the Muslim Brotherhood (Nazis). She may even be passing military secrets to the Sisterhood so that Al Qaeda can bomb away.

If you read only Walid Shoebat, and follow none of the murky references to their end-points, what have you got? A creepy international terror Sisterhood led by the triumphant evul of Hillary..

I want something done about that. Ladies who live in black tents and/or marry politicians are not to be trusted. They are terrorists. With the chief scary Hitler on earth in Heliopolis Palace -- not Mubarak, who is dying in prison -- the terrorist Sisterhood has won. It is as simple as that.

Perhaps. But the FEMA camps await.

Meanwhile more good/bad news from Egypt. A court has rejected the military's right to arrest civilians.

How long will Americans tolerate the Terror Queen consorting with ladies-in-tents? Wahhabi bitches who cook for (but not drive for) Terrorists? Ever since Bush kissed and lap-danced the last King of the Wahhabis, USA middle east policy seems conflicted.

What is it you guys want, and why do you consort with Evul? Why is Hillary not in the terminal ward with Hosni?

Edited by william.scherk

See...I told you that there was absolutely nothing to see here...

It's all just coincidence.

Hilary is a committed leftist.

Her thesis on Alinsky was laudatory of his approach to taking down the United States Republic.

She is personally corrupt.

She desperately wants to be the first woman President. She and Bill are consummate Alinsky power brokers and would stop at nothing to gain power again.

So, it is just a coincidence that she surrounds herself with folks that have connections to Islamists.

I feel much better now.

Adam

I asked above about the Copts in Egypt, what might befall them.

Today's Egyptian news highlights this fearsome confrontation between Mr Hitler and Men with Hats:

President-elect Morsi receives acting pope of Egypt's Coptic Church

Ahram Online, Tuesday 26 Jun 2012

Posted Image

President-elect Mohammed Morsi, shakes hands with a representative of the Coptic church,with Egypt's acting Pope Bishop Bakhomious standing in the background, during a visit on Tuesday (Photo: AP)

Mohamed Morsi, Egypt's new Islamist president-elect, received a delegation on Tuesday from Egypt's Coptic Orthodox Church, including acting pope Anba Bakhomious.

During the meeting, held to congratulate Morsi on his recent electoral victory, Bakhomious told the president-elect that his assumption of the country's highest office was "a comfort to all Egyptians."

Morsi, for his part, stressed to Bakhomious that he would not allow anyone to "condescend" to Egypt's Coptic-Christians in the latter's own country. Morsi also told Bakhomious that he would maintain close contacts with the Coptic Church and community.

Observers have waited with bated breath to see how Egypt's new Islamist head of state would deal with the sensitive issue of Coptic rights. Earlier on Tuesday, Morsi campaign spokesman Yasser Ali announced that the president-elect would be appointing two vice presidents, one a Coptic-Christian and the other a woman.

So, we can all rest easy in our beds now, safe in the knowledge that the Muslim Brotherhood will clamp down heavily on persecution of women and the Copts.

Egypt to see first female, Coptic vice-presidents: Morsi team

Sarah Mourad, Tuesday 26 Jun 2012

Morsi plans to appoint the first ever female and Coptic vice-presidents in a bid towards inclusiveness, an advisor said

2012-634763303317414662-741.jpg

Ahmed Deif, a policy advisor to Egypt’s president-electMohamed Morsi, stressed that Morsi will be a leader for all Egyptians and will appoint Coptic Christian and female vice-presidents.

"President-elect Morsi is not only backed by people with an Islamic tendency or ideology; he is now backed by all the people of the revolution, and this is definitely a dramatic positive card that he can play while negotiating with the SCAF," Deif told CNN.

"One of the first decisions will be appointing different vice-presidents. One of them will be a woman, for the first time in Egyptian history - not just modern history, but all Egyptian history, for a woman to take that position.

"Also, he has decided to appoint a Christian vice-president, and they will not just be a vice-president who will represent a certain gender or sect, but a vice-president who is powerful and empowered and will deal with critical files within the presidential cabinet."

In his last news conference before the presidential runoff vote, Morsi took the opportunity to reiterate his promises to Egypt's political forces, and said the country would not be run by an autocratic president.

He stressed that the presidency would work together with young revolutionaries, former presidential candidates, Copts, Salafists and all the sectors of the Egyptian people.

Morsi, who was declared president-elect on Sunday after narrowly beating his rivalAhmed Shafiq, also said women will play a major role in society.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/46229.aspx

Although I don't think that LM really has any fears. He loves Islam.

I don't understand this comment, assuming it is presented in a derogatory manner. Of course LM loves Islam. It's his religion.

Duh...

(I really don't know why I bother letting stuff like this through. There's no intelligence in the thought--just nastiness.)

Michael

The Muslim Brotherhood are very good at allaying peoples fears. Works well with William and LM. Maybe it will work with you too, Baal.

I don't suppose it's ever occurred to you that you should have a lot more to fear from the U.S. government than from the Muslim Brotherhood. No, I didn't think so.

Martin

What the ignorant and hateful (like Richard) do not understand is that Islam has already interpenetrated the USA. The fear of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon's Terrorist Mother does not engage with or confront reality -- the real agents of dangerous change, the clear and present Men Of Action.

It is as if you the One-Eyed Warrier were worried about the Ladies Auxiliary of the Muslim Brotherhood more than you were the Muslim Hitlerhood itself -- and its new President HitlerStalinMorsi. The niquab-wearing woman who is his wife is not a player, no matter how you slice it. The Man is, and the Man is a partial product of the USA itself. Just like the HitlerMuslimSpy in Hillary Clinton's office.

The Muslim Brotherhood is not only legal (ie., not a terrorist organization) but its associated party, the Freedom and Justice Party, just installed its choice in Heliopolis. That is the thing to freak out about and think about, not some terrorist mother-in-law bullshit from the zaniest of the zany fearmongers. In these matters, ignorance and Robert Spencer are not the friends of reason.

Clinton says a Fuck You to those who urge us to Fear Ladies Auxiliary, I imagine. If you got Hillary drunk and angry, she might fix her ugly stare on you and say, "Listen, fuckface, the Man is the one to watch out for in Egypt, not the scarfed sandwich-maker. I meet with all these fucks, you do not. And we got their balls in our hands -- because we lapdance with SCAF, not the FJP -- because we have billions of dollars to haul out of their budget. Put your eye on the ball, gentlemen. Drink up. Fear, but fear wisely. That idiot Bush figured it out, but not you nitwits, not yet. Pour."

I only ask of the fearmonger to put the Abedin muck in proportion to real events, and to use a critical eye with reports from the likes of Shoebat. Do not retail rumour without your own critique. Sharpen your eyes to the events that matter, and set benchmarks by which to rate the years of Morsi's tenure. The USA is not seeing Egypt turn from ally to enemy overnight, and the ladies auxiliaries are at best sideshows to the Main Tent.

Get informed, add real flavour to your fears, and bring them forth to discuss.

I never read Richard anymore unless he is quoted. I have contempt for his evasions of reality, for an ugly refusal to consider opposing views, for the direst generalizations about Islam or The Muslims. I cannot communicate with him on a factual exchange level, and he has difficulty communicating anything but fear and loathing.

I would sob and sob and sob if he joined Janet in The Permanent Woodshed, wouldn't I? Why does he get allowed to snipe at our Muslim friend here, as if he could see into LM's and every heart, into the very heart of things? What arrogant nonsense. What use are you to discussion, Richard, with the dark prescriptions and your ugly visions, and your heartlessness?

Edited by william.scherk

The Muslim Brotherhood are very good at allaying peoples fears. Works well with William and LM. Maybe it will work with you too, Baal.

I don't suppose it's ever occurred to you that you should have a lot more to fear from the U.S. government than from the Muslim Brotherhood. No, I didn't think so.

Martin

Oh, for God's sake.

I went for a walk trying to think of something wise to say about this crap from both of you. Something that would point to growth or induce people to reflect on ideas.

I couldn't think of a damn thing.

What a waste of time...

Michael

EDIT: And while I'm at it, William, you sound partisan as all hell instead of a critical thinker. Your critical thiniking cap is on so long as you are bashing the side you do not favor. It seems like it's on backwards when you look at the side you do favor.

And while I'm at it, William, you sound partisan as all hell instead of a critical thinker. Your critical thiniking cap is on so long as you are bashing the side you do not favor. It seems like it's on backwards when you look at the side you do favor.

You are not paying attention, Michael, to what I am saying. If I sound partisan as all hell, for whom, please? For reason, for not taking the easy way out, for doing one's homework, yes, partisan as all hell.

If there was a particular thing you disagree/d with, I would expect it to be quoted and picked apart. But it has been some months since you have discussed with me. Instance above, the finger-wagging. Look back at my Argument, Michael, not some Pigeonhole you think I inhabit. I am an individual with strong opinions, and so if you do not like one or several of my opinions, weigh in, correct me, engage with what I say. I like that, and we are both good at it.

Edited by william.scherk

No worries there, Martin. I know the US government is a danger. Which one is a greater threat though is hardly the point, Islam is a threat, plain and simple, and that the US government is also a threat doesn't cancel the other out. The greatest threat of all is neither the US government, or Islam. The greatest threat of all is multiculturalism that turns people into passive accept-anything-that-comes-their-way vassals of tolerance.

Martin

Oh, for God's sake.

I went for a walk trying to think of something wise to say about this crap from both of you. Something that would point to growth or induce people to reflect on ideas.

I couldn't think of a damn thing.

What a waste of time...

Michael

So you think that what I posted was "crap"? All I am saying is that the U.S. government is a far greater danger to Americans than the Muslim Brotherhood could ever hope to be. Do you really doubt this?

In the thread entitled "Place Your Predictions - National Federation of Independant Business v. Sebelius - This Decision Will Determine Whether The Revolution Should Start Now!", post #29, you wrote,

"I already don't like mandatory taxes, but at least the government taxes some kind of wealth that has been created. The "individual mandate" concept, even as it sneaks in under the Supreme Court's weasel equivalence of "tax," is a literal step toward slavery. The government now owns you just for being, irrespective of anything you produce or earn."

So you think that the U.S. government now owns us just for being and is taking a literal step toward slavery. Do you think that the Muslim Brotherhood thinks that it owns us or is capable of establishing such ownership over us, or is capable of moving us toward slavery? If not, perhaps this is somewhat indicative that the U.S. government is indeed a far greater threat to all of us than is the Muslim Brotherhood, which is in fact no significant threat to us at all.

Here is a link to an article entitled "Americans Are Being Prepared For Full Spectrum Tyranny". The tyranny to which we are being prepared is being imposed on us by the U.S. government, not by the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://alt-market.com/articles/878-americans-are-being-prepared-for-full-spectrum-tyranny

Martin