Happy Birthday, Barbara Branden!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARBARA! :D:D:D

Thank you for all your commendable work as the chronicler of Objectivism, and your tireless efforts to remonstrate the rogues :wacko: eager to warp its meaning to their own antithetical ends.

You are definately the "conscience of Objectivism!"

If Ayn Rand's philosophy is to play an important role in our culture, it will be, in large part, because of your efforts, and Nathaniel's, to keep the movement on track.

Happy birthday, Barbara.

As Michael pointed out in his homage, if you must be hated, let it be by the right people for the right reasons.

And if you must be loved, likewise.

Robert Campbell

• 11 months later...

NBI, the sixties, all the hopes and dreams were there...Thanks Barbara and a very Happy Birthday to you...

She looked a little like your look then also...

On this day of days (a gay day for America, a grey day for Canada), when we celebrate Barbara's birth, I like to think of that fabulous picture in Jim Valliant's book, with Barbara's hair almost as high as Amy Weinhouse's nest, and with her eyeliner amost as large, a serene look on her face in profile. If I weren't afraid of Jim Valliant and the ARI Copright Cops, I would scan and publish.

This is what I thought might be motivating Barbara the day of that photograph (judging from the eyeliner and hair-nest, between '67 and '68): Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows (and Ayn Rand) and Everything ...

[media=]

Edited by william.scherk

O lory days! It was my party and I cried plenty. But never was music so potent. You dont want to know about Commencement party at lake =Jim Morrison-- bliss was it to be alive...and to be not old was very Non=Inferno

pmhf.png