Lauren Bacall Dies at 89

Oh gracious! In her prime she was Hot Stuff!!!!

Sooner or later we all are going to go the way of all flesh.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Or as Robert Bidinotto recently pointed out on Facebook, This is the actress who should have been cast as Dagny Taggart!

I assume that most of OL members know that Humphrey Bogart was in the running to be cast as Howard Roark for the The Fountainhead?

Or as Robert Bidinotto recently pointed out on Facebook, This is the actress who should have been cast as Dagny Taggart!

I assume that most of OL members know that Humphrey Bogart was in the running to be cast as Howard Roark for the The Fountainhead?

I would have preferred Bogie over Cooper, who I thought was too monotone. Cooper was as exciting as watching paint dry, imo.

Hopefully, before the world ends for me, a big budget remake of The Fountainhead will be done.

I would have preferred Bogie over Cooper, who I thought was too monotone. Cooper was as exciting as watching paint dry, imo.

Hopefully, before the world ends for me, a big budget remake of The Fountainhead will be done.

Much worse things could happen to "Ayn Rand at the movies." A really appalling example of what could have happened, was the Oliver Stone-planned remake of The Fountainhead. Hopefully, that project is dead, but to get a good (actually, chilling) example of what Stone had planned, see the rather extensive interview with him, in Ayn Rand Nation, by Joel Weiss, where Oliver discusses the creative changes that he had planned. Imagine the screenplay being written by some real-life "Ellsworth Toohey," say Michael Moore, the late Gore Vidal, or any of the movie industry billionaires (actors and producers) who were gushing and fawning over the late Venezuelan dictator, Hugo Chavez, before he assumed room temperature. Got the picture? No, you don't. Never underestimate the malicious genius of Oliver Stone, himself. Sorry, I can't describe it. Read the interview.

No imagined wrath of the Greek Gods could match what Ayn, herself, would have brought down upon Stone (if she were alive and learned of his plans).

Didn't notice much T.V. coverage of Lauren's passing.

geez, one of my clients asked a young man at a computer service desk as he made a comparison to a current media individual whether he knew who Richard Nixon was...he looked her in the eye with the blank stare look...she said see what I mean kid and he still did not get it..

Greta Garbo, and Monroe
Deitrich and DiMaggio
Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean
On the cover of a magazine

Grace Kelly; Harlow, Jean
Picture of a beauty queen
Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire
Ginger Rodgers, dance on air

They had style, they had grace
Rita Hayworth gave good face
Lauren, Katherine, Lana too
Bette Davis, we love you

Greta Garbo, and Monroe

Deitrich and DiMaggio

Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean

On the cover of a magazine

Grace Kelly; Harlow, Jean

Picture of a beauty queen

Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire

Ginger Rodgers, dance on air

They had style, they had grace

Rita Hayworth gave good face

Lauren, Katherine, Lana too

Bette Davis, we love you

+1 :)

Much worse things could happen to "Ayn Rand at the movies." A really appalling example of what could have happened, was the Oliver Stone-planned remake of The Fountainhead. Hopefully, that project is dead, but to get a good (actually, chilling) example of what Stone had planned, see the rather extensive interview with him, in Ayn Rand Nation, by Joel Weiss, where Oliver discusses the creative changes that he had planned. Imagine the screenplay being written by some real-life "Ellsworth Toohey," say Michael Moore, the late Gore Vidal, or any of the movie industry billionaires (actors and producers) who were gushing and fawning over the late Venezuelan dictator, Hugo Chavez, before he assumed room temperature. Got the picture? No, you don't. Never underestimate the malicious genius of Oliver Stone, himself. Sorry, I can't describe it. Read the interview.

No imagined wrath of the Greek Gods could match what Ayn, herself, would have brought down upon Stone (if she were alive and learned of his plans).

Jerry,

Is the Weiss interview you refer to on-line? Got a link?

If not I'll read the book.

Thanks.

-J

Didn't notice much T.V. coverage of Lauren's passing.

Yesterday, on PBS Newshour.

The first time I saw Bacall was in the '70s at a Chicago theater where they showed old movies. Jerry* and I did not have a television (by choice), but we sometimes went to the movie theater. The film was To Have and Have Not. We laughed and laughed.

... to get a good (actually, chilling) example of what Stone had planned, see the rather extensive interview with him, in Ayn Rand Nation, by Joel Weiss, where Oliver discusses the creative changes that he had planned.

Jerry,

To pick a nit, that's Gary Weiss.

I read that book.

I had to keep from laughing out loud during the Stone interview.

Michael

Pucker up and whistle. That is whatcking material for a young randy adolescent.

Pucker up and whistle. That is whatcking material for a young randy adolescent.

You crack me up Bob...she says you know how to whistle Steve, don't you, you just close your lips and blow...

Bob we need to build a time machine and whistle!

I've been trying, to no avail, to do just that. I've got the whistle down pat though.